• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF and HB Studios - Rugby 2012 update #1

can we add a sh*tload of vuvuzelas?
J/K... DO NOT ADD VUVUZELAS!

7's, as I've stated in other threads, is a must, surely...

bad. it'll be rubbish if there isn't any licensing and we get pilkinson instead of wilko.

i'm pretty confident that with the jovial spirit of most ruggers, the national teams and club teams will be more than happy to give us access to their players names and appearances.

To be honest im glad Hb are doing it on their own rather than with EA. HB are a good honest company that care about the consumer as we can see from the amount of attention they are paying to TRF. However it might have been helpfull to have the resources that EA has..

NgwenyaFan

sevens would be fun. happy with this thread. Have been searching the net endlessly looking for rugby game updates.

dont oversimplify it
would be good if you could do clever lineout and scrum moves as well as back moves. and also if winning scrums and lineouts had some complexity to them as in real rugby
the AI is the main thing i think, getting the players who dont have the ball to pick good lines of running, take the right man in defence etc
use a trick stick feature similar to fifa to get the players to step in the direction you move the joystick, but in a less exagerated way than in previous rugby games, ie. if you pull the stick right the player takes a sharp step to the right, then have a different button for hand-offs/dipping the shoulder in the tackle, as in fifa all about timing it
passing distance should be directly related to time holding the button, not just an option of skip one, so if you hold it long enough with good passers you can pass half the width of the pitch if there is a player in a better position and if you tap it quickly it will just flick it on
a chip-and-chase style kick is needed, since the other buttons are taken for lob, punt, drop goal and grubber maybe say for example lob and L2 will give a quick chip over the top if you tap it, but if you power it up more it can be chipped into space for your oncoming backs, similar to the way the other kicks are proportional to power applied
would be good if you could use this modification in other ways 2, like x and L2 is a low spiralled punt as the likes of ronan ogara would often use, as opposed to punting over the full-back, or triangle and L2 could be used for a powerful grubber to put your winger through instead of a short grubber from the player kicking the ball
if theres anyway the physics could be more madden-like that would be great, that way the angle of running is important as players cant just swerve direction instantly if theyre wrong-footed, and the hits are more varied depending on the angle you go for the player at
thats it!

There better be a BE A PRO style gameplay, im not sure how it would work but BE A PRO on the FIFA franchise is my favourite part and i think it'll be even better on rugby!! Just a little thought i reckon HB should put in to the game.

There better be a BE A PRO style gameplay, im not sure how it would work but BE A PRO on the FIFA franchise is my favourite part and i think it'll be even better on rugby!! Just a little thought i reckon HB should put in to the game.

maybe in a future release. right now if would be good enough to have a functional rugby game

licensing is a MUST. aswell as a accurate, large pool of players to choose from. any domestic or european competitions would also be great

I just want a rugby game with good gameplay. Licences are key too having domestic comps from around the world would be great.

Piracy is definitely a concern for us and features heavily in our discussions about the PC version – there is nothing more dispiriting as game developers than dedicating so much blood sweat and tears to a project, only to see torrents showing up within 24 hours of the game's release.
A bit late into this one but would it be fair to assume that anyone how would download this game off a torrent wouldn't buy it in a shop anyway?? Not too familiar with online Gaming on PC (xBox live or PSN are my areas of expertise) but a torrent version would be useless if you are to include a one off activation code with every hard copy??

Latest posts