• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Would you try and replace Farrell with a star?
I think you've got to, their whole game is built around control from 10, they are night and day when Farrell is there vs when he isn't. Vunipola (flyhalf version) isn't good enough to be first choice 10, and Goode can't carry the team

They'll be raging they can't offer Pollard £1m as a marquee because he's already in the Prem, really do think he'd be perfect for them - no idea who they could target, though. If Biggar was a few years younger then I'd say him. They're built around the kind of 10 you'd expect SA to produce but they've got no one behind Pollard

I wouldn't blame Farrell wanting to try something different, and make a lot more money at the same time doing something that he enjoys. Would be undoubtedly be a massive loss though for the team, and bring forward a restructure that probably wasn't due for a few years. Whatever happens, I think he is a shoe-in (along with George) to slot straight into the Sarries coaching setup when he retires, whether he stays with the club or not.

Then again it could all be crazy rumours that never go anywhere. Another one just yesterday is that Lawes off to Provence (in D2).

Arundell will be chuffed.

"chasser cette putain de balle"
The Ruck podcast touched upon the claim (from Andy Goode) a while back of a spat, but it couldn't be substantiated by any player or coach as to have actually happened.

TBF didn't you say Brown's tweet sounded like a man leaving

TBF it doesn't sound like a man staying either.
Ludlam's next tweet after is "and i haven't sold my house".

Genge responded along the lines of "Don't tweet too much you'll get accused of not concentrating on rugby".

Ciaran Frawley to Munster pucking up steam now. Joey is leaving and Prendergast will see time increased in Dublin. IRFU want Frawley down to us. His contract out at end of season with Leinster.

Rusi Tuima being linked to Lyon (alongside Hill and LCD) - that'd be a big blow to Chiefs, he's been so good since his move to the second row

Rusi Tuima being linked to Lyon (alongside Hill and LCD) - that'd be a big blow to Chiefs, he's been so good since his move to the second row
I thought I'd read that we was chasing England caps so staying here? Might be thinking of someone else though

Yeah I was hoping to see his name in the EPS - could just be speculation tbf, it's that time of the year where everyone is linked to everyone else. I doubt they'd sign both Hill and Tuima, and it sounds like Hill is basically a done deal

Really hoping the Tuima one isn't true. Would suck to have kept him around for so many years just for him to leave once he finally shows some promise.

Wouldn't be shocked to see him go abroad and earn some Fiji caps though.

Would be odd - we've already got 3 starting centres trying to fit 2 berths, and a perfectly good backup in Butt.
Unless someone's leaving, of course - or it's agent talk to boost his price
Perhaps signing him as a winger to replace Coka (wasn't there word of him heading off?). It's where he's been playing most of his rugby this season and he'd be kinda like-for-like.

Ciaran Frawley to Munster pucking up steam now. Joey is leaving and Prendergast will see time increased in Dublin. IRFU want Frawley down to us. His contract out at end of season with Leinster.
I'd take him alright. For Frawley though does it really put him in a stronger position? He is not going to start at 10 for us either when Crowley is around and will probably play the same 23 role covering 10 and 12 for us. Essentially a (significant) Rory Scannell upgrade, no?

I can kind of see it but he'd only really be fulfilling the exact same role he does here no? Backup 10 and utility back. A jump from 3rd/4th to 2nd choice 10 is the only promotion but there could be less opportunities to play 15 or 12 in Munster.

Don't know the specifics of Ngatai's contract but losing both would have us thin in midfield.

Latest posts