• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Really hoping the Tuima one isn't true. Would suck to have kept him around for so many years just for him to leave once he finally shows some promise.

Wouldn't be shocked to see him go abroad and earn some Fiji caps though.
Same, he's going well for us. Though i wonder if Chiefs can compete with France, its the one issue with the prem now, if france want someone they will get him. Especially if he is (realisticly) a couple of years from a cap

I can kind of see it but he'd only really be fulfilling the exact same role he does here no? Backup 10 and utility back. A jump from 3rd/4th to 2nd choice 10 is the only promotion but there could be less opportunities to play 15 or 12 in Munster.

Don't know the specifics of Ngatai's contract but losing both would have us thin in midfield.
Would be seen as in the best 23 as a reserve 10/12/15. Leinster will the have Byrnes x2 and Prendergast at 10, options are plenty and in centre he is way down so it is argubally a big rise in pecking order.

We are thin at 12 and 15 so he would be huge benefit and I think will get more opportunities.

What it does mean is Leinster will probably have traded getting Synman in for 1 year against depth elsewhere and as was said if an injury to a key guy was to happen it could be a bad move. But it is a great gamble if it pays off.

Would be odd - we've already got 3 starting centres trying to fit 2 berths, and a perfectly good backup in Butt.
Unless someone's leaving, of course - or it's agent talk to boost his price
Apparently he was at the rec for your last game which if true makes me think Bath is more likely than Sale.

I don't know what his views are but he's played more as a wing and his move to center was more of a Gatland international thing. As I say I don't know what his thoughts are and he might prefer 13 and see his long term future there but you might be getting him as a wing. I'm hoping it's BS as I don't want to lose him for Wales but hopefully him leaving, along with a few more that have been touted, will put pressure on the WRU to bin off the 25 cap rule.

After missing out on Arundell Bath will have the money to chase a winger - I would've expected them to go for more of 15/11 rather than 13/11 but TdG has been playing really well at 15 so they might be happy with their options there now

Would be seen as in the best 23 as a reserve 10/12/15. Leinster will the have Byrnes x2 and Prendergast at 10, options are plenty and in centre he is way down so it is argubally a big rise in pecking order.

We are thin at 12 and 15 so he would be huge benefit and I think will get more opportunities.

What it does mean is Leinster will probably have traded getting Synman in for 1 year against depth elsewhere and as was said if an injury to a key guy was to happen it could be a bad move. But it is a great gamble if it pays off.
thats a stretch.

Yeah I don't think there's all that more opportunities considering Munster don't rotate much in midfield or at Fullback.

I reckon Ulster would make more sense if starting is deemed to be important. History would suggest staying out is the best option.

Don't really see Frawley as an international myself but Farrell is good at giving chances over multiple test periods so we'll see how it goes.

Selfishly I'd really like to have him. Were I in his shoes though I would stay put or if I were passionate about playing 10 I'd maybe have a rattle at Connacht or maybe Ulster. To be honest though he should back himself this season and see what shakes out. I wouldn't be exiting the Leinster 10 race just yet.

If he was here now he would walk into the side as we are crying out for bodies, but I can't say that will be the case with everyone fit.

Being honest though I don't see Frawley getting many caps in meaningful games. He will probably end up a 7-8 random cap guy. With that in mind I would probably take a look abroad and see if there's money out there.

Last edited:
Selfishly I'd really like to have him. Were I in his shoes though I would stay put or if I were passionate about playing 10 I'd maybe have a rattle at Connacht or maybe Ulster. To be honest though he should back himself this season and see what shakes out. I wouldn't be exiting the Leinster 10 race just yet.

If he was here now he would walk into the side as we are crying out for bodies, but I can't say that will be the case with everyone fit.

Being honest though I don't see Frawley getting many caps in meaningful games. He will probably end up a 7-8 random cap guy. With that in mind I would probably take a look abroad and see if there's money out there.
He'd be eligible to play for Australia by August 2026 if he doesn't get anymore caps. If I was him and didn't get a cap in the 6n or SA I think that's where I'd be looking.

thats a stretch.
Not sure I follow. Mike Haley is our only real 15 next season and outside Nankivell and Frisch centre is empty really.

Leinster have 3 alternatives at 10. Have Jimmy O'B as a 15 and Hugo Keenan and a few centre options.

Like we do rotate a good bit in backs especially and Crowley time will be seriously cut from us going forward it seems.

He'd be eligible to play for Australia by August 2026 if he doesn't get anymore caps. If I was him and didn't get a cap in the 6n or SA I think that's where I'd be looking.
I would just try make bank and let the Aussies court me if they really wanted. The player market has obviously gone arse over *** a bit, but he might have more value in a place like France if he just doesn't touch internationals.

Also is he definitely tied to Ireland? Open question as I have no idea, but does a cap against the Maori qualify as a full cap?

Hhmm apparently one of TWO falcons kids heading to Saracens...better not be Pepper...

Carbery apparently signing for Bordeaux. Jaysus not where I'd go with an injury record

Carbery happy to accept a higher paid back up role so. Can't really blame him.

Unfortunate career, would probably be Ireland and Leinster's starting 15 if not for Paddy Jackson's **** up in a weird butterfly effect. Although blocking Keenan's progression wouldn't have been a good thing overall.

Latest posts