• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 1 2016/17

Well a few upsets and a few disasters, Lyon throwing good points away, at home, La Rochelle did well to get the draw at home to Clermont, Bordeaux an excellent result v les Champions, but everybody will have a tough time v Bordeaux at home. Paris easily beat probably the weakest team in the TOP 14 and this could be a very season for Grenoble. Castres good start Pau could survive but will have to get thier act together, and BO excellent, they took it to Toulon and were the better side on the park yesterday and well deserved their win, Toulon did well to get the bonus point.
We that is Montpellier, looked shabby and need more time to gel, far too many mistakes and lacking in aggressivity, a match we could have won if all the right elements were in place but Toulouse were the better team on the day. So we will have to pull our socks up if we are to succeed v Clermont next Sun.
Anyone interested my match article is on the Clubs website www.montpellier-rugby.com Steve's Chronicles.

The Toulouse tries

- - - Updated - - -

Classy solo try from Naikataci

- - - Updated - - -

Try of the weekend for me is by SF from 2:09

Last edited by a moderator:
".........and BO excellent, they took it to Toulon and were the better side on the park yesterday and well deserved their win, Toulon did well to get the bonus point........"

Now who has been seriously drinking?!!

and without alcohol i may add, they were more aggressive played to the limit of offside in defence, ran the ball out of trouble instead of aimless kicking, giving Toulon little chance of attacking from deep, there biggest problem was the scrum it got better as the game went on but needs work on it. Donnelly did well in the line out and Moribot was outstanding leading from the front + a great try he got for himself. The no 9 played out of his skin as well, not bad for an Espagnol. I saw most of the games and nobody looked really ready, not enough physical prep, hence several players going down with cramp near the end of the games this is not normal for the first game off the season.