• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top 14 day 1 2016/17

gaston le gaff

First XV
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Montpellier
ONLY 2 WEEKS TO GO BEFORE THE START OF A BRAND NEW SEASON. All games have the same Sat evening ko time bar Toulon who play Sun.
Last of the pre season games this weekend we have Connaught on Thurs evening Challenge Vaquerin in St. Affrique great grass roots tournament.

Du 20 au 21 Août 2016 [TABLE="class: classic-table matchs-table hr-link-table"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TH="class: sorting-desc"] Date[/TH]
[TH="class: text-right, colspan: 2"]Domicile[/TH]
[TH="class: text-center, colspan: 3"]Score[/TH]
[TH="colspan: 2"]Extérieur[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: before"]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 20/08[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] SFP
54[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-a"]
LogParis-d1b84_0.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-before-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 20h45[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-after-score"][/TD]
[TD="class: cell-logo-b"]
Club-rugby-FC-grenoble-rugby.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] FCG
20[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] LOU
15[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Lyon-lou-rugby.png
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Brive-Correze-limousin.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] CABCL
15[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] ST
20[/TD]
s.png
[/TD]
Club-rugby-montpellier-herault.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] MHR
12[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] UBB
15[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Union-bordeaux-Belges_0.png
[/TD]
logo_racing92_2015.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] R92
9[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] CO
28[/TD]
Club-Rugby-castres-olympique.png
[/TD]
rugby-club-section-paloise-bearn-pyrenees.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] SP
11[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] ASR
30[/TD]
fsdf.png
[/TD]
Club-Rugby-Clermont-auvergne-ASM.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] ASM
30[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: cell-date"] 21/08[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-a"] ABRP
[/TD]
Club-rugby-aviron-bayonnais.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-score"] 18h15[/TD]
logo_toulon_rct_2015_2016_3_etoiles_hd.png
[/TD]
[TD="class: cell-team-b"] RCT
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
It blows me away that they have such a short turn around between seasons. They have almost no time to recover from the small injuries they had from last season.

Thank goodness the "silly season" is over and people have rugby to talk about again!!

It blows me away that they have such a short turn around between seasons. They have almost no time to recover from the small injuries they had from last season.

this is one of the main reasons why its well know as being the toughest league in the world, you only have to ask any player from anywhere the question.

Last edited:
this is one of the main reasons why its well know as being the toughest league in the world, you only have to ask any player from anywhere the question.

well i'm glad they get paid so well with what they are asked to do, and toulon is competing in the brisbane 10s, i guess they didn't have enough fixture congestion

not going to open a new thread for this, we play Connaught tomorrow evening in the Challenge Vaquerin in St Affrique. ko. 20.00 will be a good run out for us and also for Connaught sure Pat Lam relishes the challenge. We did a public training at Palavas on Mon. and did manage to meet the mighty Nadolo and arrange a press interview for him, he is a monster 130kgs for a winger insane, we will see what sort of impact he has on the Top 14 starting with Toulouse Sat. week. Montpellier looking sharp but they need to as it's a long long season the TOP 14. they are even playing matches on the 24th Dec this season (GREAT) oops upper case again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This season is Gaston's......all those Sud africaaners must give you the ***le this year?!!

This season is Gaston's......all those Sud africaaners must give you the ***le this year?!!

What Afrikaans, do you mean the coaches or the very few players we have, in a couple of years some could be playing for France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too can't believe the league is up again. Its impossible for France to compete with the fixture list. I see it for some of our top SA talen as well. Damian de Allende has played 2014/2015 Japanese Top League, 2015 SR, 2015 RWC, 2015/2016 Japanese Top League and then we got him back injured and in 2016 Super Rugby and for the Bokke against Ireland he just isn't in the same sort of form that made him a Bok to start with. These Top League stints are killing our players but we have to let them as its the only way we can compete with Euro contracts and have our players in SR (barely).

What Afrikaans, do you mean the coaches or the very few players we have, in a couple of years some could be playing for France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This isn't meant to be pedantic but if its going to keep coming up (probably more and mre the way things seem to be going) or might just be helpful in general;

Afrikaans; the language
Afrikaner; a member of the Afrikaner people
Suid Afrikaner; any South African

This isn't meant to be pedantic but if its going to keep coming up (probably more and mre the way things seem to be going) or might just be helpful in general;

Afrikaans; the language
Afrikaner; a member of the Afrikaner people
Suid Afrikaner; any South African

Not pedantic at all and I fully appreciate the education! All I have to do know is try and remember it!!!

you may have to enlarge on the vocab as Africaans spoken by Afrikaners from SA PS. you, forgot the Afrikaans for SA. as we now have our quota at Montpellier and the language is starting to surpass French and English!!!!!!!!! but on the other hand these Afrikaners could be soon wearing les Bleus de France Paul Willemse and Jaques du Plessis will be qualified next season on residence!!!!!

Not pedantic at all and I fully appreciate the education! All I have to do know is try and remember it!!!

I appreciate that you gents accept it the way I intended it (meaning well).

you may have to enlarge on the vocab as Africaans spoken by Afrikaners from SA PS. you, forgot the Afrikaans for SA. as we now have our quota at Montpellier and the language is starting to surpass French and English!!!!!!!!! but on the other hand these Afrikaners could be soon wearing les Bleus de France Paul Willemse and Jaques du Plessis will be qualified next season on residence!!!!!

:lol:

South Africa ; Suid Afrika

I'll do a vocaroo at some stage LOL. Paul Willemse and Jacques du Plessis are awesome but what can we do. You only need 3/4 locks for a national side and Etzebeth, Du Toit, De Jager and Mostert have those locked (LOL) down. I don't blame the rest for looking to expand their horizons (and bank accounts, why not!). I know I would given the opportunity.

Last edited:
I appreciate that you gents accept it the way I intended it (meaning well).

could not agree more the great thing is that with SA having moreorless what they need in these positions it does give these guys enormous potentiel to go and earn an excellent life abroad and even content for a place in the French national team. We won last night 21-19 close game but we fielded a strong team 1st half and then slightly weaker the 2nd. It was our only pre-season game, next stop Toulouse Sat week for the start of te TOP 14. Last night both Toulouse coaches were present to see how we faired. Jaques Du Plessis took a knock last night not sure whether its serious or not and Paul did not play but will be ready for the start.

:lol:

South Africa ; Suid Afrika

Do NOT encourage him.....!

oh you've got to be kidding me...and you're still a Biarritz fan ?!!! Wasn't it agreed you should stop with your silly stubborn ways and just pick a super club, I believe it was Toulon ? "Turncoat" is such an ugly word for just changing one's mind about something that's obsolete...:rolleyes:

Through thick and thin I'm always in!!

I am Biarritz through and through and nowt will change that except if we import a load of South African mercenaries when I will be then supporting "Cap Ville" obviously!!

will they be SA mercenaries when they are playing for France!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eg Willemse, Du Plessis Jaques that is!!!!!!

Latest posts