• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

THE Sharks V Crusaders!!

Thought the game was played in a good spirit and the tries was awesome , the skills displayed were about on par with the best we've seen in Super rugby , the execution of the tries is what I loved the most , sure there was one forward pass that missed (we will get to Walsh reffing later). Whats frightening is that this Saders team are still without some very valuable players most notably their Cappie Mccaw who along with Carter and SWB are probably the most gifted rugby players on the planet at this moment.

I also thought SBW showed us what the hype is all about and to add insult to injury he has a very good kicking game to back up his array of skills , the man is awesome , I am a Stormers/Bokke die hard boykie , born and bred Capetonian but I cannot help but admire the skills of the guy !! Having said that I also feel he deserved a yellow card for that Bakkies tackle he did on Kanko , now we will once again most likely see the unfairness in the Super rugby judicial system.(how many weeks did the Lions player get for that spear tackle ?)

For the sharks , I feel that when the Beast came on the game changed , I also think the sharks loosies spearheaded by Alberts were awesome but needed their tight 5 to dominate a bit more, Stephen Ter Blanche is also on his last legs and maybe they should have brought ADi on earlier ?? They def missed Lambie and could have looked so much different had they not missed those kicks but saying the saders won becos of sharks missing kicks would be unfair ! Mccloud the scrummie also needs to be more dominating and the Sharks are missing Rory Kocket a lot , he would have been very usefull at the 60th min mark.

Lastly Steve Walsh is just hondkak (dog sh i t) , he missed so many things it was unbelievable , I swear it looked as if he had one too many again if I did not know any better. Neither team can claim he was bias though as he missed a lot both sides , forward pass tries , knock on tries , running obstruction tries , guys playing and winning balls on the ground , there was once the sharks knocked on and kicked ahead , he called advantage and the saders collected the ball 50 meters further down , after a few steps he said advantage over and blew a scrum for the saders !! How the hell did they benefit by going back 50 meters ??? So jaa he was consistently bad both sides !

Frightening indeed. I can't see New Zealand screwing up the World Cup this year. Although, I did think the same about our cricket team, and they managed to spew out their biggest choke ever. An almighty choke. The creme de la creme of chokes. The choke to end all chokes.

Thats the only consolation I have about the AB teams form !! Form means absolutely nothing come WC time , our cricket team proved it over and over again and in 95 the Bokke proved it as well. SBW as good as he is in attack is nowhere near Lomu (for now at least) and we all know Lomu never managed to score against us ever as Bok players always like the challenge of the underdogs. Its when we suppose to win that we catch on crap lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly the best game of the Super Rugby season so far, because of the way the Sharks came back after that great start by the Crusaders

My only complaint is one more converted try would have given me the points in my picking comp :)

Dan Carter, only 22 points, a try, no missed kicks ... a bit more effort eh :D

SBW, apparently you can kick during general play as well ... if you use your arms in the tackles son, you would have come close to a perfect game :D

In all fairness after the (massive) shoulder charge he proceeded to annihilate Ndungane on the wing which was pretty impressive. I think it's just league instinct, hopefully he'll work it out relatively soon.

Sorry for the late response but I only got home now. I left saturday night at 10 on the ferry from Hoek van Holland to Harwich. Took my car on the boat, had some fun, went to sleep, next morning left the boat at 7. After a 2 hour drive and a short stop at Wembley to take some photo's, I arrived at Twickers. We parked the car, took the train to Waterloo to tour London and see all those tacky things like the Big Ben, Piccadilly Circus etc. etc. We decided to walk in stead of paying money for a tour. We did everything in 3 hours!

A friend of mine went along. He has only watched 3 or 4 rugby matches in his life so far and I wanted to infect him with the incurable Rugby-virus. I guess it worked haha. Twickers was not sold out but the vibe I got when I entered was amazing!

I met getofmeland for a short bit before taking my seat. Good guy. He told me he thinks these 2 teams, together with Bath, are the best in the world haha. Got all weary during the minute silence... Never have I heard a minute so silent!!! I sang the national anthem, got ready, took my seat, spilled my first beer and missed 2 tries due to toilet-visits.

The match was incredible. Sharks scoring the first try before the Crusaders snatched 2. At half time it was obvious we were not going to win this but I have had that feeling for years every time we play the Saders. I am happy we scored 4 tries, which is pretty damn good against the Saders, and we got 12 points from our 4 matches overseas! No complains here.

Can't wait to visit Twickenham again!

The Law says that players at the tackle must act immediately. Two seconds is not immediately.

I may not expect the player to be completely rolled away within two seconds, but at the very least I expect him to be making the attempt within two seocnds.

I thought Walsh blew an excellent game. The only things saw him miss on the Crusaders side were;

? Carter's forward pass that led to the Crusaders third (?) try,
? the shoulder charge by SBW on Keegan-Daniel (?) - should have been
offyc.gif

Indeed as always you are right about the laws of the game

I just said 2 seconds because saying 1second is probably overexagerating, and that that was the time it took from making the tackle to the blowing of the whistle

I just wonder what our confidence will be like going into the Stormers game, as I would be pretty bummed if we played that well but still lost rather convincingly

A wee question, the Crusaders last try I think, scored by Maitland, how did the Crusaders get the ball when
we were attacking deep inside their 22, did we knock on or get turned over?
That was the movement that killed the contest

Indeed as always you are right about the laws of the game

I just said 2 seconds because saying 1second is probably overexagerating, and that that was the time it took from making the tackle to the blowing of the whistle

I just wonder what our confidence will be like going into the Stormers game, as I would be pretty bummed if we played that well but still lost rather convincingly

A wee question, the Crusaders last try I think, scored by Maitland, how did the Crusaders get the ball when

It was so end to end its hard to pin a fault or credit someone. The last Sharks possession before the Crusaders took possession back and score the try was a movement that end with Mcloud knocking on and before that from a sharks grubber that was very very poor and ended with Dagg clearing it out of the 22.

EDIT: i wouldn't say walsh had a good performance. He was probably told to keep it flowing and I think chose to ignore many calls from both sides so I guess in that way he was unbiased but still, technically a weak showing from ref but it did make for a fast, flowing and entertaining match.

Last edited:

I thought the Sharks knocked it on. Can't be sure without reviewing it, but I think Walsh said "advantage knock-on"

Latest posts