Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Botes,Deysel,Alberts

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Botes,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Deysel,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Haha!!! Well, Botes is the most experienced flanker we have so we should cherish him. With Deysel out, I just hope it won't rain and we can use a fast running man at 8

News:

Tian Meyer...former Sharks U/21 captain is training with The Sharks again after Mcloed picked up a slight Calf strain. Meyer was also part of our preseason and was schooled in Durban. Plays 9 mainly, but can play 10 and has played centre before as well. Not sure if he has a permanet contract, but i do think he has some sort of agreement with The Sharks. Eg. joins team when required otherwise plays for the Pumas. I would give him a proper contract...he has a lot of potential and ability, also handles senior rugby a lot better than Ross Cronje does. Jean Deysel is also at least 2 weeks out, think we might see him involved in our last 2 tour matches...but we will see shortly if he makes the tour squad. John smit is 50/50 for this weekend and Ross Skeate is available for selection this weekend. Jpp will be assesed later this week.

Don't you think that Blues prediction is a little bold?
Especially as they looked already gelled against the Saders

Fully agree with what you have said with the forwards, Kanko should not be used against teams or in general conditions that would lead to a tight game

However, whilst the rain undoubtedly affected us more than Cheetahs, Lambie's kicking was very poor, just silly aimless punts up the field
Also felt McLeod delayed far too long when distributing the ball, so I was surprised that the forwards made as much ground as they did, considering the momentum (or lack there of) they had

Once again, I probably am too critical considering it's only the start of the season, but I am concerned as both the Blues and Force had good opening games

I promise you we will Beat Blues by at least 10 points this weekend. U can hold me to that.

Last edited:
LordHope is right to be concerned about the Blues JJR.

I am quietly optimistic about the Blues this year.. though I temper that by saying that the proof will be in the way the handle these next two away games (Sharks and Force)

I think the Blues will get a good away win in Durban though and my Shark's loving mate over here in Auckland will owe me two jugs of Mac's Gold Lager!

Nice to see you post here...yup u guys r very deadly in the backs and cause problems. I will tell you why Sharks will win. Our Pack will dominate physical battle and the scrums. Over the last few times we have met the u guys have really struggled to get much good ball for your backs, due to The Sharks pack. Also the humidity in Durban this time of year is very hard to play running rugby in...without your backs on the front foot the battle moves to the forwards...and well we smashed the Bulls pack last year and a very strong Cheetahs frontrow last week...so i expect the Blues to struggle up front against The Sharks to be Honest. Just my Opinion...Good luck though and enjoy the game, Cheers bro.

News-

Botes injured his hip and will be out for a week or 2...my sources tell me that young Lambert Groenewald could be in the number 19 jersey this weekend. Simliar to Deysel, but not quite in the same league...he is like Deysel playing at 65%...if that helps. Really keen to see Deysel back soon...about 2 weeks or so 2-3 weeks away from full fitness it seems.

I would rather have wanted to see Adonga or Coetzee in the mix...they will get their chances eventually they both still very young.

What's the latest with JP pieterson?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - get it it's good

What's the latest with JP pieterson?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - get it it's good

It seems Jp will be assesed during the week. I keep getting mixed news...some say yes he will be fit and others say he is 50/50...i guess we will just have to wait and see.

But, here is my prediction after all the news i have recieved.

1.Beast
2.Bismark
3.Jannie
4.Sykes
5.Hargreaves
6.Keegan Daniel
7.Willem Alberts
8.Kankowski
9.Mcloed/Hoffman
10.Lambie
11.Mvovo
12.Bosman
13.Stef Terblanche (C)
14.JPP/Ndungane
15.Ludik

16.Burden/Smit
17.Van Staden
18.Skeate/Bresler
19.Lambert Groenewald (Debut) Height-1.89m Weight-113kg
20.Hoffman/Tian Meyer
21.Jacques Louis Potgieter
22.Adrian Jacobs

Those out through injury- Deysel and Botes.

Last edited:
Cheers for the update. Need him to play, he's in my fansty team, and as im tight with money i didnt swap him

@ JJR

I'll be sure to remember your prediction, along with stormer2010's predicition that Basson will be top try scorer

And with regards to Tiaan Meyer, the Sharks made an agreement with the Pumas that he would come on loan if needed

@ JJR

I'll be sure to remember your prediction, along with stormer2010's predicition that Basson will be top try scorer

And with regards to Tiaan Meyer, the Sharks made an agreement with the Pumas that he would come on loan if needed

Thanks...good to know. Still don't get why we don't give him a long term contract if they choose him over Cronje and Reinach...i mean they all about same age.

@ JJR

Early days yet..

Cheers Boet,

BUT I think the Blues pack are more than a match for any pack going around this year (look at the Crusaders game for evidence).

I think if the Blues show the tenacity they did last week... watch out!

Cheers Boet,

BUT I think the Blues pack are more than a match for any pack going around this year (look at the Crusaders game for evidence).

No doubt it will be a tough match. If only Deysel was fit.

Cheers Boet,

Thanks 4 the heads up...will do...
Here is my score prediction though-
Dry day- 28-12 to Sharks Wet day- no flippin idea!!! I hate rain...ruins the spectacle...and Sharks and Blues love to run the ball too, so i just hope the scatterred showers miss Mr.Price Kings Park...maybe 32-12...don't know, hard to really know how the Sharks will play when it rains and the Humidity is at 88%...crazy humidity during Feb.

No doubt it will be a tough match. If only Deysel was fit.

Deysel is such a Animal...can't wait to see him carry the ball up again...Jean Deysel coming soon
TL_871889.jpg

Totally of the subject but musically Sharks cant play the Blues hmm....:Blinky:

A common misconception!
It's a little known fact that Sharks play a mean double bass
1288861-shark-005_06172006.gif

Latest posts