Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Botes,Deysel,Alberts

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Botes,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Deysel,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
The Blues are the best team in the comp.

If they can overcome those factors against them for this match it should be something like 38-9

The Blues are the best team in the comp.

If they can overcome those factors against them for this match it should be something like 38-9

What, factors like playing away from home, having a shite coach, tactical naivety, having no structure in backline play, debatable defense, Ranger's penchant for gifting the opposition as many points as he creates for his own team, the most inconsistent 10 in the tournament and borderline goalkicking?

Yes you beat the Crusaders in round 1 and well done but don't get carried away just yet, LOL.

Edit; That said the new law interpretations do favour the blues' ball in hand approach so they should do better than in (recent) previous years.

Last edited:
TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT-

The Sharks team to play Blues

15. Louis Ludik
14. Odwa Ndungane
13. Stefan Terblanche (captain)
12. Meyer Bosman
11. Lwazi Mvovo
10. Patrick Lambie
9. Charl McLeod
8. Ryan Kankowski
7. Willem Alberts
6. Keegan Daniel
5. Alistair Hargreaves
4. Steve Sykes
3. Jannie du Plessis
2. Bismarck du Plessis
1. Tendai Mtawarira
Replacements
16. John Smit
17. Eugene van Staden
18. Anton Bresler
19. Jacques Botes / Lambert Groenewald
20. Conrad Hoffmann
21. Jacques-Louis Potgieter
22. JP Pietersen

Gonna have a good chuckle when all these Shark haters don't say a word after Blues lose on the weekend...The Sharks have not lost at home for ages now...Look at past results of Blues v Sharks...then have a rethink...look at last 2 seasons.

I don't care what others think of the Sharks. Let them be negative... The sweeter victory tastes in June ;)

Sharks XV team to play Bulls in Vodacom Cup on SAT.

The Sharks XV (Extra info for those of you who are not familiar with some of the Guys)
15. Kobus de Kock (Former Schoolboy star, now back after long injury lay off)
14. Mark Richards (SA Sevens)
13. Adrian Jacobs
12. Riaan Swanepoel
11. Anton Verster (Sa Club Champ, College Rovers)
10. Guy Cronje
9. Ross Cronje
8. Marcell Coetzee (Current SA u/20)
7. Peet Marais
6. Francois Kleinhans (Current SA u/20)
5. Gerhard Mostert (Been selected for 2 Senior Springbok training sqauds)
4. Jandre Marais
3. Dale Chadwick
2. Kyle Cooper
1. Robbie Harris
Replacements
16. Monde Hadebe (SA Club Champ)
17. Sabelo Nhlapo (SA Club Champ...all Rovers)
18. Daniel Adonga
19. Nic Claasen (SA Club Champ)
20. Cobus Reinach
21. Fred Zeilinga (Former KZN Schoolboy star at 10, was chosen for SA Schools, but got injured)
22. Jerome Pretorius (SA Club Champ)

Last edited:
That is one hell of a second 22 if you ask me...and Skeate,Deysel,Vulindlu,Herbst and Steve Meyer are still injured.

The Cronje twins... Now there's a duo I'd like to see in the Super 15 not too long from now. Debut in the Currie Cup in 2009 against Boland, no real chance in 2010, I hope they can make their way (together) to the first team...

The Cronje twins... Now there's a duo I'd like to see in the Super 15 not too long from now. Debut in the Currie Cup in 2009 against Boland, no real chance in 2010, I hope they can make their way (together) to the first team...
Having played with both...they are seriously talented playmakers that is 4 sure. Having played with them i know how physical they are and in my opinion Guy can't really take too much pressure. Physically he just can't quite match other players. Guy's kicking game is also very inconsistent and can't kick the ball too long. He is still a very good playmaker though. They might be identical twins, but Ross is taller and 6kg heavier. He has always been a very physical tough scrummie and has a good pass and helps the game flow...similar to how Ruan Pienaar would play...Ross definitely has a chance.

A little fact i just read up on..."The Sharks have beaten the Blues in their last six matches and the Blues have not won in Durban since 2004." Anyone want to rethink their original predictions?

What, factors like playing away from home, having a shite coach, tactical naivety, having no structure in backline play, debatable defense, Ranger's penchant for gifting the opposition as many points as he creates for his own team, the most inconsistent 10 in the tournament and borderline goalkicking?

Yes you beat the Crusaders in round 1 and well done but don't get carried away just yet, LOL.

Edit; That said the new law interpretations do favour the blues' ball in hand approach so they should do better than in (recent) previous years.
Factors like it being an away game in South Africa, South African referee and it being just the second game rustiness will benefit boring South African style play. Sharks winning streak is of course assisted by the scheduling and it's no different this year except the gulf in class should be enough to end it.
Most of your points are plain wrong but I won't invade your thread anymore.
goodluck Sharks, barstards :mad:

Factors like it being an away game in South Africa, South African referee and it being just the second game rustiness will benefit boring South African style play. Sharks winning streak is of course assisted by the scheduling and it's no different this year except the gulf in class should be enough to end it.

I just love this haha

Like Kaplan, Lawrence, Jonker and Joubert aren't professional enough to lead a match neutrally

A little fact i just read up on..
."The Sharks have beaten the Blues in their last six
matches and the Blues have not won in Durban since 2004."
Anyone want to rethink their original predictions?

In 2009, Scotland had not beaten Australia for 27 years, but that changed (for the good might I add)

I'll sitck with a prediction that it will be a fairly close game, within 7 points, which incidentally enough has been the margin
Between the two sides for the last couple of years, with the biggest difference being in 2005 or 2006

The longer streaks go on, the least confident I am... Streaks always end. The longer the streak continues, the bigger the chances are it ends. Blues will win it I think

A common misconception!
It's a little known fact that Sharks play a mean double bass
1288861-shark-005_06172006.gif

You're obviously good at countering with computer graphics:):D:huh:<_<:mad:

Woody where ya been my man?...I havent red from you in ages and the very next time I see your post its got that quote above in it lol.

Keep posting when you can.

This game, the Reds/Tahs game are the ones Im looking forward to this week, should be goodies. Go BLUES!!

Last edited:

Boring South Africa style of play????? The Bulls are the only team that can be called boring. The other teams always try to keep ball in hand. Last week it rained in Durban so no chance of a nice running game. I agree that the Boks gameplan is flippin boring...it needs to be based on keeping possession and building momentum with the big Forwards. Also Sharks are coached by a New Zealander...so maybe it is the boring New Zealand style u talking about? Think it over....New Zealanders can't play a forwards dominated game, because NZ don't have any proper Blindside flanks ideal for ball carrying and adding weight to a well excecuted maul.

Plumtree is a great coach...he has mixed physical South African play with the ball in hand approach of New Zealand. You should be proud to have such a great ambassador such as Plum. Very Happy he has made Durban his home; Plumtree...what a Legend!!!!

Last edited:

If anything South Africans refs are biased against us cause they don't want to seem biased towards us. The refs i worry about are mainly Aussies...they r seriously biased...well last Super 14 i saw a lot of super dodgy match winning decisions favouring the Aussie teams. Also Don't hate The Sharks...what have they done to you...rather hate us Bloggers.

I would give the Blues serious props if they beat us in Durbs...Everyone in the South African conference knows how difficult it is to win in Durbs.

Latest posts