Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Botes,Deysel,Alberts

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Botes,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Deysel,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
And for players with that weight, they aren't even that slow. Check the mark, tap 'n go and the rush all by Deysel before passing to Pienaar. AMAZING

Last edited by a moderator:
And for players with that weight, they aren't even that slow. Check the mark, tap 'n go and the rush all by Deysel before passing to Pienaar. AMAZING

Beautiful try. The Chiefs defenders were caught totally off guard by Deysels pace off the mark and not storming up to meet them LOL.

I just hope that his injuries hasn't dampened his abilities as long injury lay-off has done to others. Same goes for Brussow. SA rugby needs these guys, especially after RWC 2011 to carry the Bokke on.

More News:

Jacques Engelbrecht seems to have been sent back to Goerge and will not be a Shark.
It seems Plumtree and Strauli have opted rather to back the youngsters in our youth system instead. Young 19 year old Marcell Coetzee who is currently in the Sharks academy and a U/20 Springbok 8th man has been called up to train with the Superrugby side. Ojiambo has also already trained with the superrugby side...so we have 2 big and fast looseforwards coming through our system which is great. Sabelo Nhlapo- loosehead and Ross Cronje-Scrummie have also joined the Superrugby squad.
Hardluck Jacques...he will hopfully get a contract from someone else...he is too good not to be playing for a big Union.

More News:

Jacques Engelbrecht seems to have been sent back to Goerge and will not be a Shark.
It seems Plumtree and Strauli have opted rather to back the youngsters in our youth system instead. Young 19 year old Marcell Coetzee who is currently in the Sharks academy and a U/20 Springbok 8th man has been called up to train with the Superrugby side. Ojiambo has also already trained with the superrugby side...so we have 2 big and fast looseforwards coming through our system which is great. Sabelo Nhlapo- loosehead and Ross Cronje-Scrummie have also joined the Superrugby squad.
Hardluck Jacques...he will hopfully get a contract from someone else...he is too good not to be playing for a big Union.

Maybe he should look to sign with the Kings. They have soe quality loosies but none of them could be called big. Luke Watson is joining up with them but he isn't a big guy as well and you need at least 1 physically imposing loosie in your backrow IMO.

Maybe he should look to sign with the Kings. They have soe quality loosies but none of them could be called big. Luke Watson is joining up with them but he isn't a big guy as well and you need at least 1 physically imposing loosie in your backrow IMO.

Either Kings or SA Sevens again...Some of the Sevens guys are injured.

News:

Hargreaves is fully fit for the weekend. Ndungane has tonsilitis but is expected to recover in time. JPP has a back problem and looks doubtful for this weekend.
Sykes is also not 100% yet and his place could be taken either by Bresler or Mostert.

Revised Possible Sharks team-

1.Beast
2.Smit (C)
3.Jannie
4.Mostert/Bresler
5.Hargreaves
6.Keegan
7.Alberts
8.Kankowski
9.Charl
10.Lambie
11.Mvovo
12.Bosman
13.Stef/JLP
14.Odwa/Stef
15.Ludik

16.Bismark
17.Van Staden
18.Bresler/Mostert
19.Botes
20.Hoffman
21.JLP/Jacobs
22.Jacobs/Richards...Vulindlu still has a hamstring problem so richards would be 6th choice wing, with time i think Nontshinga will move up in the selection frame.

News:

Hargreaves is fully fit for the weekend. Ndungane has tonsilitis but is expected to recover in time. JPP has a back problem and looks doubtful for this weekend.
Sykes is also not 100% yet and his place could be taken either by Bresler or Mostert.

Revised Possible Sharks team-

1.Beast
2.Smit (C)
3.Jannie
4.Mostert/Bresler
5.Hargreaves
6.Keegan
7.Alberts
8.Kankowski
9.Charl
10.Lambie
11.Mvovo
12.Bosman
13.Stef/JLP
14.Odwa/Stef
15.Ludik

16.Bismark
17.Van Staden
18.Bresler/Mostert
19.Botes
20.Hoffman
21.JLP/Jacobs
22.Jacobs/Richards...Vulindlu still has a hamstring problem so richards would be 6th choice wing, with time i think Nontshinga will move up in the selection frame.

LOL. JJR, you are probably the 1 guy who is looking forward to the new season more than I am what with this being your second 'possible' line-up for the match against the Cheetahs. When will we get a fix on the line-up? Thursday maybe?

LOL. JJR, you are probably the 1 guy who is looking forward to the new season more than I am what with this being your second 'possible' line-up for the match against the Cheetahs. When will we get a fix on the line-up? Thursday maybe?

Ja, we expecting Thursday...player injury updates and stuff change all the time so it is actually a waste of time for me to have these possible line-ups...rather just wait for the official line-up....But yes i am super keen, just hoping Odwa gets over his tonsils problem cause i don't want to see Swanepoel on our bench. He is the only player in our squad that i don't rate 4 Superrugby.

Official Sharks superugby Squad 2011 (30 players)

1. Willem Alberts
2. Meyer Bosman
3. Jacques Botes
4. Anton Bresler
5. Craig Burden
6. Keegan Daniel
7. Jean Deysel
8. Bismarck du Plessis
9. Jannie du Plessis
10. Alistair Hargreaves
11. Conrad Hoffmann
12. Adrian Jacobs
13. Ryan Kankowski
14. Patrick Lambie
15. Louis Ludik
16. Charl McLeod
17. Gerhard Mostert
18. Tendai Mtawarira
19. Lwazi Mvovo
20. Odwa Ndungane
21. Sabelo Nhlapo
22. JP Pietersen
23. Jacques-Louis Potgieter
24. Ross Skeate
25. John Smit
26. Riaan Swanepoel
27. Steven Sykes
28. Stefan Terblanche
29. Eugene van Staden
30. Luzuko Vulindlu

I HATE alphabetical lists

Front row: Burden, Bismarck du Plessis, Jannie du Plessis, Mtawarira, Nhlapo, Smit, van Staden
Second row: Bresler, Hargreaves, Mostert, Skeate, Sykes
Back row: Alberts, Botes, Daniel, Deysel, Kankowski
Scrum-half: Hoffmann, McLeod
Fly-half: Lambie, Potgieter
Wingers: Mvovo, Ndungane, Pietersen, Vulindlu
Centres: Bosman, Jacobs, Swanepoel
Fullback: Ludik, Terblanche

I really Like the squad, but next year i would like to see youngster Paul Jordaan or Piet Lindeque to take Riaan Swanepoel's place in the core squad.

Terblanche is starting 13, so i think he is known firstly as a centre that can cover fullback.

A wee bit dissappointed that Adonga is only in the Vodacom Cup squad, but otherwise the squad looks ace B)

A wee bit dissappointed that Adonga is only in the Vodacom Cup squad, but otherwise the squad looks ace B)

Yeah but who's place would he take? Surely not anyone currently at lock or in the backrow. Not at this stage at least. Thats what you get for being talent whores LOL.

Adonga is not even a constant starter for Sharks XV at the moment...he has all the potential he just needs more time to develop and settle into senior rugby...if that happens he will be more consistent and will then have a good chance of making the superrugby team, but he will definately play Currie Cup. Pretty Sure Alberts will be in the Bok setup...Deysel could also be involved if he gets back to his form after the long injury layoff. I think Kanko might miss out of the Boks. The New Zealand Fields are heavier...so Alberts and Deysel would make sense to be involved.

Adonga will probably be in next years Superrugby squad...just make it a 32 man squad and add him and Paul Jordaan to the current 30.

Latest posts