Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Botes,Deysel,Alberts

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Botes,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Deysel,Alberts,Kanko

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
It's sad to see the Cronje-twins never made the step up after their chances in 2009

We'll have a decent enough Vodacom Cup team to win it this year, sick of the Bulls retirement team winning it and then pundits praising their youth structures

Somone really needs to go up to Daniel Ojiambo/Dan Adonga/ Daniel Adonga Ojiambo and ask him what he wants to be referred to as

I hope I get to watch some of it this year. Completely missed it last year

I am disappointed in the poll :(

Why is there no option with Deysel and Kanko? ;)

By far my fav South African side, love their pack and the fact that they have strong ball carriers everywhere. Hoping to see them pushing for a spot in the play-offs against the Bulls/Stormers this year and in my opinion with minimum injuries I think they can finish on top of the SA conference, but with that said I think Battleship will hold the key for them and with him being out to prove why the Boks must have him, he won't be letting anyone down.

Battleship?

Bismarck Du Plessis
300px-Bismarck_du_Plessis.jpg

Battleship Bismarck
bismark.jpg

Definitely a suiting nickname if you ask me

I think Bismarck du Plessis is maybe the best hooker in the world at the moment. Having him play for your club is a blessing

Bismarck Du Plessis
300px-Bismarck_du_Plessis.jpg

Battleship Bismarck
bismark.jpg

Definitely a suiting nickname if you ask me

To be fair we have many players that are built like battleships

Problem with comparing Bismark to the ship is that well, it currently resides on the Atlantic sea bed!

I find it quite sad that such a mighty ship was so poorly managed, that said I probably wouldn't be speaking English if it was :)

I don't think South Africa would be that much affected by the Germans ;)

I prefer Mealamu, and I preferred Hore before he got injured... Go figure.

I don't think South Africa would be that much affected by the Germans ;)

Considering that my grandfather (on my mothers side) was a German spy/ SS officer (we're not to sure, hope to **** it is the former), who only fled to the UK when the Concentration camps started gassing their 'occupants', well there would not have been much of a UK left if Operation Sealion was made possible by the Bismarck.

Hope Bismarck can turnover as many balls in rucks as he did in the EOYT, that would mean that Daniel doesn't have to change his game that much if he starts

By far my fav South African side, love their pack and the fact that they have strong ball carriers everywhere. Hoping to see them pushing for a spot in the play-offs against the Bulls/Stormers this year and in my opinion with minimum injuries I think they can finish on top of the SA conference, but with that said I think Battleship will hold the key for them and with him being out to prove why the Boks must have him, he won't be letting anyone down.

Great to see we have some aussie Support...Reds play a similar brand to what The Sharks played in the Currie Cup...very entertaining...simply said it is total rugby. Although u guys could do with a huge losseforward in the mold of guys like Deysel and Alberts...higgenbottom or whatever, not bad though. Also tight 5 needs some work 2, but you guys make up for it with a fast paced game that plays into the hands of your exciting backs.

Possible Sharks 22 for The Cheetahs this weekend-

1.Beast
2.Smit (C)
3.Jannie du Plessis
4.Steven Sykes
5.Hargreaves/Mostert...depends on hargreaves' fitness.
6.Keegan Daniel
7.Willem Alberts
8.Ryan Kankowski
9.Mcloed
10.Lambie
11.Mvovo
12.Bosman
13.Terblanche
14.JPP
15.Ludik

16.Bismark
17.Van Staden
18.Hargreaves/Mostert
19.Botes
20.Hoffman
21.JLPotgieter
22.Jacobs/Ndungane

Update on Deysel's Fitness...news coming out of the camp is that Deysel will be out for around 6-8 weeks still. Already seen some pics and footage of him during off season...looks like he has gained around 4 kg of muscle...expect 112kg Deysel to be 116kg Deysel when he reaturns in about 2 months or after the tour.

Also good news...Paul Jordaan and young Shark was a huge influence as The BlitzBokke won the Las Vegas sevens in a thrilling final against Fiji.

More good news-

Former Cheetahs,Lions and Griquas winger Trompie Nontshinga is in Durban and has already played an internal warm up match which was mainly held for the Sharks XV.
Trompie has a strong handoff, is well conditioned and has great finishing abilities; lets hope he can lift his game and make an impact in senior rugby once again. (Age 27).

Also good news...Paul Jordaan and young Shark was a huge influence as The BlitzBokke won the Las Vegas sevens in a thrilling final against Fiji.

Aye he has got some real gas, a question

Do you know if he is a relative of Chris Jordaan?

Latest posts