• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Premiership 2006-2007

DIC Seemed to be the best investment for the club, but Liverpool have always made dodgy transfer decisions and really have never been able to negotiate decent prices when releasing players and buying players in.. Steve McManaman is a classic example, quality player went for nout...

DIC Seemed to be the best investment for the club,[/b]

We'll see...the thing is no matter what happens now rednoses will always look at this as a What If moment (unless Gillett turns out to be an Abramovich and DIC takeover another club and run it like Romanov runs Hearts).

SB

Well RBS, are you visiting the home of the LFC Liverbirds tomorrow?
[/b]

Nah, and I've no Sky either.....teletext for me. Listening to it on the radio is worse than purgatory.

I fear a pasting to be brutally honest...but then again we might win eighty seven - nil, You never know.

No local boozers? Or, like me, do you think there are too many dickheads? BTW you do know that this is a PPV game and if you haven't got Sky Sports you can still get this match?

No local boozers? Or, like me, do you think there are too many dickheads? BTW you do know that this is a PPV game and if you haven't got Sky Sports you can still get this match?
[/b]

We have dudes coming round to make some fences...if they clear off sharpish then I'm off down Blundellsands for the Waterloo game...failing that I'll just be a bag of nerves.

Don't think the pub is a good idea. There's always one or two gloating or kicking off it doesn't matter which side, you just end up with "I predict a riot" going round your head. It hardly ever does but you are much better off watching it in private I reckon.

My Blue Nose friend at work sent me a nice email from the Daily Mail...

Mascherano deal under spotlight as clubs accuse Premier League of cover-up
EXCLUSIVE INVESTIGATION By MATT LAWTON - More by this author »

The Premier League were facing a revolt among their own members last night
amid growing suspicion that West Ham and Portsmouth have fielded ineligible
players this season.

Prompted by a private Premier League document obtained by Sportsmail, Wigan
and a number of other top flight clubs are now questioning whether the
appearances of Javier Mascherano and Carlos Tevez, for West Ham, and Manuel
Fernandes, for Portsmouth, were in breach of Premier League rules.

Breaking Rule U18 can result in a points reduction because the League will
not allow England’s top-flight clubs to sign players who are owned by a
"third party" who would have the "ability materially to influence its
policies or the performance of its teams".

While Kia Joorabchian has a 50 per cent stake in Mascherano and Tevez,
Fernandes is owned 50-50 by Benfica and a private company called the Global
Sports Agency. There could be significant ramifications.

Clubs currently fighting alongside West Ham to avoid relegation are prepared
to launch legal challenges if they believe they have been unfairly
disadvantaged, while at the top end, it could damage Pompey’s European
chances.

Complications have arisen now Mascherano is trying to complete a move to
Liverpool and Fernandes has gone on "loan" to Everton.

When Everton first attempted to secure the services of Fernandes, they
informed the Premier League of their wish to sign the player on loan until
the end of the season with a view to a permanent deal.

The Premier League refused to authorise the deal because of Everton’s desire
to make it permanent, which came as a surprise to the Merseyside club when
it was their understanding that the deal between Fernandes and Portsmouth
was similar.

There was a clause in the contract, Sportsmail understands, that stated that
Portsmouth would have to sign Fernandes on a permanent deal if he made three
successive first-team appearances.

Everton told the Premier League they would simply demand the points from
their game with Portsmouth â€" a match in which Fernandes played.

The Premier League responded by asking Everton to re-submit their forms,
stating a desire to take Fernandes only on loan even though they were aware
of the club’s ambition to sign Fernandes permanently.

A Premier League meeting last night failed to reach a conclusion in relation
to Mascherano. Another meeting will take place today, but even then
Liverpool could be left sweating on whether he will be able to move.

The delay has been caused by a failure to provide the right paperwork and
there has been real drama behind the scenes to try to ensure that the deal
goes through.

The Premier League insisted that they were not aware of a breach of their
rules. "With what has been presented to us we haven’t allowed anything that
would transgress our rules," said a spokesman.

And they said the documents presented by Portsmouth and West Ham last summer
satisfied their rules. What was less clear, however, was when the Premier
League received all the necessary documentation.

Sportsmail has been told that West Ham received a letter from the Premier
League warning them they could risk a points deduction if they failed to
provide documentation.

Aware the situation was in danger of escalating, the Premier League moved
this week to privately contact the 20 top-flight chairmen.

The document, from Premier League general secretary Mike Foster, appears to
offer an amnesty to clubs that may have broken the rules.

It reminds clubs of Rule U18 which states: "No Club shall enter into a
contract which enables any other party to that contract to acquire the
ability materially to influence its policies or the performance of its
teams."

Such contracts include those which allow the third party to control or
influence the employment relationship between club and player, or give the
third party the right to request or require a transfer of the player, a
right to a share of the financial or economic rights.

But the Premier League then adopts a non-confrontational tone by simply
"giving clubs the opportunity" within 14 days of producing details of any
such contracts that were not disclosed when players were registered.

Foster’s letter ends: "Once we have your responses, the board will consider
relevant disclosures and then decide on appropriate action, if any."

The letter, however, has succeeded only in fuelling the suspicion among
clubs fighting alongside West Ham to avoid relegation that a breach has
already occurred.

----------------------------------------------------------

What an Interesting situation that could be arising here....

You shouldnt talk about Arteta like that!!!

It was a crap game, Everton came for the draw and to be honest they defended well, and well we just couldnt finish to save our lives... as soon a Johnson had his sitter saved by Reina I knew it was gonna be a draw, especially as everything Liverpool did went wide... Gerrard was non-existant and when he was he was shooting from all over the place... Liverpool were looking for the spectacular goal not the basic goal... although Bellamy's goal (that wasnt) was good, great bit of basic passing footie but was offside...

As for the match, it was a none event really. We dominated from start to finish but huffed and puffed really badly all afternoon and we never really looked like making the breakthrough. We just had the odd half chance here and the odd half chance there and that's not enough at home. We are normally excellent at home but our distribution and use of the ball was atrocious today. We really should be blowing teams who sit deep away but give the Bloos their due they defended really well and actually had the best chance of the game when we were knobbing about on the edge of the box.

Thankfully Johnson had his shot initially blocked by a great bit of defending and then hit a poor effort which Reina did well to knock away. I swear if you drew a line on his head he would actually look like a penis. I find it no coincidence that the American word for penis is "Johnson."

Anywho, it was far from pretty. Despite the numerous times Rafa kept telling them to keep the f**king ball on the floor we persisted in going long. Stubbs might be a hideously deformed, moaning parrot faced t**t but he's good in the air and he won virtually everything. Lescott is a class above and would slot comfortably into any of the big 4's defences. I know I'd like him at Liverpool. And he was out of position today as well. Yobo also looked good. Only in defence did I get to have a look at Everton though as the midfield was none existant other than to tackle and I know that Johnson is quick.

I was a bit puzzled by the 3 up front. That works well on the road against rubbish. Not so well at home against a well organised team. The problem Rafa has is that all 3 are playing so well at this moment in time it's hard to drop any of them. I would have lined up 4-4-2 today as I think we had more to gain from it. It has served us well at home all this season and I'm not so sure as to why we switched from it today. Kuyt was on the left of midfield. I would have played Kuyt and Bellamy and had Gonzalez on the left. He would be against Hibbert who is:

a) Absolutely woeful if resiliant
B) Slow

But no matter. We didn't win today and even though the Blues couldn't have complained had we won comfortably I can only congratulate them on their defensive effort.

So what's with the lame moaning afterwards? Whatever league he's in he'll always be Beneathus now.

Ah, I thought the Bloos might jump on that comment from Rafa quickly. They've even released a statement on the website. Sadly, I am fairly sure that Rafa has just used the wrong word.

He meant "medium" sized club.

I hear all about this 'istoree but show me a reason why Everton are a massive club. I don't think they are personally. The Bloos have called for more respect from us - you don't get much more disrespectful than sitting on live TV sipping champagne after finishing 4th and saying "It's great to be the best team on Merseyside" despite the fact there was a Champions League final to come. Thankfully it all worked out well at Gollum looked like the idiot that he is. Unusually for him he was very respectful today - he must have had one too many as he normally gets as many digs in as possible. He left that to Alan Irvine, who was spouting shite on Radio City earlier about transfer budgets and takeovers. Just blame Heysel and get it over and done with.

Ah, I thought the Bloos might jump on that comment from Rafa quickly. They've even released a statement on the website. Sadly, I am fairly sure that Rafa has just used the wrong word.

He meant "medium" sized club.

I hear all about this 'istoree but show me a reason why Everton are a massive club. I don't think they are personally. The Bloos have called for more respect from us - you don't get much more disrespectful than sitting on live TV sipping champagne after finishing 4th and saying "It's great to be the best team on Merseyside" despite the fact there was a Champions League final to come. Thankfully it all worked out well at Gollum looked like the idiot that he is. Unusually for him he was very respectful today - he must have had one too many as he normally gets as many digs in as possible. He left that to Alan Irvine, who was spouting shite on Radio City earlier about transfer budgets and takeovers. Just blame Heysel and get it over and done with.
[/b]

That's nonsense mate...we'd just completed the modern footballing equivelant of a miracle by holding off the g14 money clubs. How were we meant to react? Same as after the Goodison derby, we'd just beat you 3-0 and went top of the league and yet you lot were criticising us for being cock-a-hoop.

He's slagging us off to deflect from his own short-comings.

It's just more grist to the mill...you go on about Everton fans being resentful but why shouldn't we be when we get nought but smug crowing coming across the park at us.

Everton have showed how classless they are in the aftermath. Demanding an apology from Rafa. :lol

Everton have showed how classless they are in the aftermath. Demanding an apology from Rafa. :lol
[/b]

Explain!!!!

I am calling you out on that one.

Explain...Why are Everton classless in complaining after being publicly insulted in your manager's post match press conferences.

Nah, you can't can you 'cause you are just A.N, Other rednose shithouse (from outside Liverpool I might add).....the reason you can't is that most managers don't come out of a 0-0 at home and start whining about the opposition (especially given we probably had the most clear cut chance of the game).

Don't like our gameplan? Put your £100,000,000 spending plan into operation and put our relative paupers to the sword. Simple.

I am absolutely chuffed your manager has shown his true rednose colours...arrogant, petulant and deluded.

Boo f***ing hoo...we didn't go hell for leather with 9 strikers.....did your lot go hell for leather at Goodison? Nah you rested players and batoned down the hatches.

Put up or shut up.

Regards

The People's Club

and anyway which demand for an apology are you talking about?

More nonsense.

You can keep the petty jibes & arrogance...we'll keep the 4 points.

Keith Whiness' statement on the website on Saturday.

Nah, you can't can you 'cause you are just A.N, Other rednose shithouse (from outside Liverpool I might add).....[/b]

Typical. Classless.

<div class='quotemain'>.

Nah, you can't can you 'cause you are just A.N, Other rednose shithouse (from outside Liverpool I might add).....[/b]

Typical. Classless.
[/b][/quote]

If the cap fits wear it...you are acting like a shithouse. Why not throw a few more Heysel references in from nowhere so you can act all wounded.

Keith Whiness' statement on the website on Saturday.
[/b]

The statement that doesn't exist?

Latest posts