• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Terrible attitude of French fans

You're at the chippy: Gravy or Curry Sauce or just S&V?

Ketchup/mayonnaise/whatever else weirdos have is not in the equation here.

I always used to be a plain kinda guy, but when I moved to Wales I got into curry sauce and never looked back.
Never been much for gravy - OK if you're having a sausage or something, but my Dad (Northern) has it on fish which is just...no

Curry sauce.

I bet French rugby fans have barbecue sauce or something, the classless little buggers

You're at the chippy: Gravy or Curry Sauce or just S&V?

Ketchup/mayonnaise/whatever else weirdos have is not in the equation here.

I always used to be a plain kinda guy, but when I moved to Wales I got into curry sauce and never looked back.
Never been much for gravy - OK if you're having a sausage or something, but my Dad (Northern) has it on fish which is just...no
Ketchup does not belong where you've put it, chips with S&V dipped in ketchup with a batter burger is what makes hangovers happy.

Mayonnaise for chips outside the chippy too, what have the Dutch ever got wrong before??

What the **** do the Irish know about a chippy tea?
Ketchup?
You're a wrong un

this thread just confirms that my american palate is only meant for visiting foreign countries, never living there

Pizza with slices of dried duck and gizzards is popular here and sometimes with a fried egg or two on top.... but definitely not with pineapple!

What the **** do the Irish know about a chippy tea?
Ketchup?
You're a wrong un
One of those few things that you lot brought here and we now do it better! Curry sauce is too overwhelming and the chips lose the essential chippy chip taste, ketchup provides a perfect balance whereby the chips aren't too dry on their own but doesn't destroy their flavour.

Saying that, I'm not a huge fan of curry sauce. Gravy though? Have some self respect. If you're going for fish, which I only do in some establishments, tartar sauce goes a long way!

Pizza with slices of dried duck and gizzards is popular here and sometimes with a fried egg or two on top.... but definitely not with pineapple!

Poshest pizza i have heard of so far.

One of those few things that you lot brought here and we now do it better! Curry sauce is too overwhelming and the chips lose the essential chippy chip taste, ketchup provides a perfect balance whereby the chips aren't too dry on their own but doesn't destroy their flavour.

Saying that, I'm not a huge fan of curry sauce. Gravy though? Have some self respect. If you're going for fish, which I only do in some establishments, tartar sauce goes a long way!

Must not be getting the right Curry sauce.

Best chippy i had was in Devon mind. Up north haven't found one similar so prob helps with the flavour. (Popping into your local chippy is more about convenience than luxury up this side of the North), unless you are in Mersey by the coast you should be able to find a decent chippy there.

and lettuce be cereal here Ketchup is something for Bacon Baps/butty's, other than that we stop using it in this country after we turn 14.

this thread just confirms that my american palate is only meant for visiting foreign countries, never living there

Biscuits and gravy. more like weird scones and with odd Sausage milk (That sounds wrong).

Last edited:
Fried chicken with (sweet) waffles.
Pancakes with syrup....and also eggs and bacon in amongst it.

American food is weird.

Fried chicken with (sweet) waffles.
Pancakes with syrup....and also eggs and bacon in amongst it.

American food is weird.

(American Pancakes, Syrup and Bacon is bloody lovely).

I know a lot is weird though and a large portion seem to not know that you can have savoury pies.

BUT they do know how to make a top notch BBQ.

Although their steaks are very overrated (Mind only they rate them TBH), burgers are nice.

At least their beer game is stepping up. (even if it is still a little bit niche, fecking red cups).

We are on a pedestal though!

TBH The old distinctions of class have little meaning in modern Britain which complicates greatly,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_British_Class_Survey

I remember when this came out someone I knew said you were working class if you worked for someone and middle class if you owned your own business.....which doesn't work at all I work in a large multinational company worth around 10 billion dollars now I'm a low spec of dirt in the company's grand scheme but I still earn more than some business owners do. On equal measure are you really telling me the people who work for the CEO are working class?

Then there are the Hyacinth Buckets of this world (and yes, she might be a fictional character, but we all know people who are just like her)

She is the very definition of a certain type of Middle Class person; someone who belongs to a group of people who labour under the misapprehension that they are as good as the Upper Class, when they are in fact no better than the Working Class.

Curry sauce.

I bet French rugby fans have barbecue sauce or something, the classless little buggers

The French supporters may be classless and may howl and jeer when penalties or conversions are taken but i can assure you Barbecue sauce is not on pizzas, its either tomato base with origano or fresh cream, but thats more rare. We do not do gravy on chips or curry sauce or any other weird and wonderful Blighty concoctions. The French may take a lot of stick from everywhere and everyone but when it comes to cooking they are second to non, the pizzas are all thin base and more often than not cooked in wood burning ovens the only way to cook a pizzas. A commercial revolving wood burning pizza oven can cost a much as 30,000â'¬'s, so you need to sell loads of pizzas to regain your investment, can cook up to 12 pizzas at any given time.

Just noticed 3,000 posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
  • :)

And the Top14...

QONVIyz

The French may take a lot of stick from everywhere and everyone but when it comes to cooking they are second to non
That's ridiculous. This ain't 1850 and the current french chefs ain't Careme.
Your claim reminds me of what happened when people judging wines stopped being a panel of french wine makers and blind tastings became the norm. French wines went from "untouchable, formidable, sublime" to "good" in a fortnight.

I can think of at least 6 cuisines that could give, at worst, the french a run for their money.
French cuisine is good, no doubt. Second to none? Hell no.
It's not the people from a country that should put their food on a pedestal. That's biased.

I'm kinda biased myself because my best mate spent the last 3 years studying at le cordon bleu, i went to visit him frequently and every time he delighted me with whatever was being served at the restaurant he happened to be working for at the time (few of them michelin star ones).
I loved it and i found the food great, probably embellished by the good time i had while enjoying it.
Still, second to none? Absolutely not.

lighten up sunshine this is an amusing thread which there are not many, everyone is entitled to their opinion just stay calm and you will be ok !!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts