• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Terrible attitude of French fans

Intrigued about the eggs, how is it meant to be be done i take it you just don't fry an egg a plonk it on top? ( Like olives it seems a fair amount of people use them)

Why only Galaxy chocolate when Hungover? Has Cadburys in Ireland suffered like the UK one in terms of product size and quality.
Olyy explained it, I think it's towards the end of the pizza being baked that it gets thrown on but I'm not sure. I'd recommend it more than I'd recommend anything though!

It has yeah but when I eat chocolate, which has become increasingly rare, I usually just grab a while it or golden crisp which galaxy lacks a good rival for. When I'm hungover I go for straight chocolate and Galaxy wins that 10 out of 10 times for me.

you try it especially with bacon or ham on the pizza great!!!!!!!!! but forget the pine...apple!!!!!!!!!!

BBQ on a pizza isn't bad, but I don't know why you would take away the essentials to a pizza.

There are quite a number of BBQ spare rib pizzas in SA, used to be my favourite at some places. Also BBQ chicken was also something I quite enjoyed for a while.

todo-pizza-BBQ-ribs-pizza-mushroom.jpg

Tuna shouldn't be anywhere near a pizza. Chicken however, works. I was sceptical at first but I've since been convinced.

Broccoli was another surprise left field topping that worked for me too.

Literally crack an egg(/eggs) on the pizza on top of the toppings before you put it in the oven
Z3yTiwF.jpg
I suppose it looks decent enough- I'd certainly tuck in. It just looks breakfasty to my eyes with that egg there. I'd possibly go sausage or bacon rather than ham for with an egg if I were to try it.- - - Updated - - -
Chicken on pizza is great.My current favourite pizza is this:seasoned chicken, bacon, avo, feta, roasted red pepper
Yeah but the chicken isn't essential in that line-up I'd argue, flavor-wise. Its a sideshow taking up space if you ask me. The rest is golden though!My current 'rotation':
Chorizo, olives, tomato and extra orgiganum (the chorizo I get from one specific guy in Stellenbosch)
Salami, olives, pineapple and roast green peppers/jalapenos and chilli sauce if I'm in the mood for a little heat
Bacon, feta and spinach/avo depending on the season/my mood

Last edited:
I suppose it looks decent enough- I'd certainly tuck in. It just looks breakfasty to my eyes with that egg there. I'd possibly go sausage or bacon rather than ham for with an egg if I were to try it.- - - Updated - - -Yeah but the chicken isn't essential in that line-up I'd argue, flavor-wise. Its a sideshow taking up space if you ask me. The rest is golden though!My current 'rotation':
Chorizo, olives, tomato and extra orgiganum (the chorizo I get from one specific guy in Stellenbosch)
Salami, olives, pineapple and roast green peppers/jalapenos and chilli sauce if I'm in the mood for a little heat
Bacon, feta and spinach/avo depending on the season/my mood

A breakfast pizza of Bacon, Sausgae, Tomato, Mushrooms and eggs Now that sounds interesting for a sunday brunch in the sun.

Yeh that's my problem with Chicken on pizza it adds nothing IMO, better in a club sandwich.

Get to Aberystwyth and get a spicy chicken pizza from Hollywood Pizza, it's next level.

Also the spicy pulled pork pizza from papa John's is surprisingly good.

Pulled pork is such a fade right now.

The idea that chicken doesn't belong on a pizza is absurd. Chicken can go with just about anything. Unless you actively don't like chicken, there will be pizzas with chicken on you like.

*wonders whether a pizza with jerk chicken on would be any good*

The idea that chicken doesn't belong on a pizza is absurd. Chicken can go with just about anything. Unless you actively don't like chicken, there will be pizzas with chicken on you like.

*wonders whether a pizza with jerk chicken on would be any good*

Its not that you cannot put chicken on a pizza as much as you could have had something else.

I'm not saying one shouldn't try new things though. Its just sometimes you're just a tad disappointed you didn't go for what you know even if its good to have ticked the box and be able to say 'tried that, not for me'. I've had a pizza with shrimp, avo, spring onion and wild rocket. Not particularly bad but I'd rather have something else. The one pizza I've had that I couldn't finish was just poorly made and thick and oily. Other 'interesting' ones I've eaten had figs, blue cheese and jabon and then there is the classic SA biltong pizza which usually has either peppadews or avocado but I prefer olives, feta and sundried tomatoes. The most exotic topping I've had is probably crocodile (though the taste is quite tame and somewhere between fish and chicken).

Last edited:
Whats the crocodile one called "Snapper", in France there has been a craze for a no. of yrs to put rocket on pizzas????, i love biltong and always ask our SA players to bring some back when they go home on their hols.

Exactly and of course in SA there are many different animals its made from, i love the stuff.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats the crocodile one called "Snapper", in France there has been a craze for a no. of yrs to put rocket on pizzas????, i love biltong and always ask our SA players to bring some back when they go home on their hols.

LOL, I don't know that it has a name per se and its not at all common or commercial. It was at a "tourist trappy" outdoor restuarant on one of our wine farms where they go for an "African experience" like traditional African flatbreads and spices, exotic meats and the like with "African twists" on things like burgers and pizzas as well. Very pretencious IMO but the quality isn't or rather wasn't poor. I've stopped going there for a while now because the quality and portions had been dropping while the prices have been rocketing but the toursits eat it up and the weak Rand means it essentially costs the same for them!

Biltong you get in England is sooo bad compared to the stuff in SA.

Funny that since recipies tend to be quite simple. Maybe the quality of meat or the climate? I wouldn't know.

Exactly and of course in SA there are many different animals its made from, i love the stuff.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now you've got my mouth watering. I usually got a ton after my cousins go hunting but somehow I've fallen off their list. Can't blame them really, the hunting and everything in general really has gotten so expensive of late nobody has anything to spare anymore.

Biltong you get in England is sooo bad compared to the stuff in SA.

I really dislike biltong. Maybe the above is why.

Chicken on a pizza can be great, but not plain chicken - gotta be tandoori, or spicy or something like that. Need non-chicken flavoured chicken.

Rocket I don't like full stop, I don't want my leaves' flavour to dominate. **** off, you're a salad leaf, start acting like it. I shouldn't be able to taste you over the real food.

I really dislike biltong. Maybe the above is why.

Chicken on a pizza can be great, but not plain chicken - gotta be tandoori, or spicy or something like that. Need non-chicken flavoured chicken.

Rocket I don't like full stop, I don't want my leaves' flavour to dominate. **** off, you're a salad leaf, start acting like it. I shouldn't be able to taste you over the real food.

Biltong in this country is crap i mean it is more like really crap carboardy beef jerky IMO.

The Kings biltong that is sold in the supermarkets being a prime example.

Harrods is the closest i have come to proper Biltong but it was still to wasn't in the same league.

Funny that since recipies tend to be quite simple. Maybe the quality of meat or the climate? I wouldn't know.

Now you've got my mouth watering. I usually got a ton after my cousins go hunting but somehow I've fallen off their list. Can't blame them really, the hunting and everything in general really has gotten so expensive of late nobody has anything to spare anymore.

I think the trouble is people do it how they think it should be done rather than how you guys do it.

Latest posts