• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Terrible attitude of French fans

Biltong in this country is crap i mean it is more like really crap carboardy beef jerky IMO.

The Kings biltong that is sold in the supermarkets being a prime example.

Harrods is the closest i have come to proper Biltong but it was still to wasn't in the same league.

I think the trouble is people do it how they think it should be done rather than how you guys do it.

Fair enough, still not convinced by the concept to be honest. I want to eat meat, not chew it like gum

The idea that chicken doesn't belong on a pizza is absurd. Chicken can go with just about anything. Unless you actively don't like chicken, there will be pizzas with chicken on you like.

*wonders whether a pizza with jerk chicken on would be any good*

I'm far from anti-chicken, I eat five or six meals based on chicken a week, but pizza ain't one! It lacks a strong enough flavour or interesting enough texture to merit taking up the room that could be taken up by something else that ticks at least one of those boxes. Any port in a storm and all that, I can make my peace with it if there's some ham with it to add some salt / flavour, although I have had pizzas like this that I suspect I would have enjoyed more without the flavour void of the chicken detracting from the ham. I tend to avoid any topping combination including chicken from dodgy takeaways as I worry about chicken being more likely to poison me, especially when I find myself eating it hungover the next day having spent a drunken night tucked up in bed spooning the leftovers!

Saying that, I suspect your idea about jerk chicken is a good one. Any method of preparing the chicken that adds a significant amount of flavour should make for an awesome topping.

I'm not saying its the best thing ever Redruth, but its clearly acceptable - and as chicken can soak up a great amount of flavour, there's no reason you can't add that to a pizza.

Although I must confess to being weird and quite enjoying the texture of chicken.

Isn't that just cheese on toast?
Just about, apart from the thick doughy base. Though I must admit I find pie peas and gravy a far superior meal all together, bit hard to get abroad though so have put up with Italian pie.

Had an egg on the pizza the other day, Better than i thought it would be TBH, BUT not sure I would have it out of choice again really.

A couple of eggs and some dried duck breast and gizzards is unbeatable for me (but I'm repeating what I've already said a few weeks ago!!) and I get in in my local pizzeria in Muret. Deeeeelish!

A couple of eggs and some dried duck breast and gizzards is unbeatable for me (but I'm repeating what I've already said a few weeks ago!!) and I get in in my local pizzeria in Muret. Deeeeelish!

Sounds a bit pretentious to me, i'll stick to my Steak and ale pie Pizza thank you very much.

Sounds a bit pretentious to me, i'll stick to my Steak and ale pie Pizza thank you very much.

Steak and ale pie pizza.

That's reminding me of baked bean pie, gopping Scottish invention.

Well, not that bad, just not... As good as any other type of pie.

Steak and ale pie pizza.

That's reminding me of baked bean pie, gopping Scottish invention.

Well, not that bad, just not... As good as any other type of pie.

Ummmmm!! A baked bean deep fried pie with a deep fried mars bar in the side.......would have we wee (part) scotties wetting themselves!!

I've noticed in many games with the French and French clubs there is very little respect for the opposition. Kickers are repeatedly booed or jeered and all decisions by the referee get the same treatment regardless of how blatant it is. There is being passionate and there is being disrespectful. Am I the only one who feels French fans at the moment are damaging the culture of respect rugby prides itself on?
I live in France and I see this behavior regularly. But it seems moreso that the audience has changed. Absolutely clueless of the rules, shouting and booing at every refs decision while not knowing the difference between a knock-on or an off-side. Equally the same behavior for a conversion or peno!!! It's trying but it's the norm. Bring back grassroots and school boy pricing!

There should be more booing at rugby games. Obviously abuse isn't good but a bit of harmless booing is fine, well better than sitting in a library.

In my humble opinion it is the job of home fans to use the number advantage to put pressure on the refs/opposition players. There's a lot of snobbery in rugby and one reason that rugby fans, and rugby, is hated by most other people is the perceived snobbery and rugby fans going on about how much better rugby culture is compared to other sports, it's really off putting to new fans.

Latest posts