• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby: Highlanders vs. Brumbies in Dunedin (12/04/2013)

Wow - SUCH an improved attack... Parker did them a world of good /sarcasm

Seriously, those kicks would've been landed by Slade the same. And the continuity would've been better for the team in the long run. Jamie Joseph must be panicking.

Nah man he had to drop Slade he's nowhere near the player he was three years ago I think the young fella has been pretty solid for a first game.

Wow - SUCH an improved attack... Parker did them a world of good /sarcasm

Seriously, those kicks would've been landed by Slade the same. And the continuity would've been better for the team in the long run. Jamie Joseph must be panicking.

Come again? Parker has been very good thus far - the Highlanders have looked much sharper with him at 10! I would be very unhappy if he was dropped for Slade next weekend. And no I don't think Slade would have made all of those kicks - he is a very average goal-kicker (he is only kicking at 64% this season...).

Brumbies continuing to build a lead. Aaron Smith on now - he will need to play well, as Tanaka was very good.

Disappointing play from Hosea there. It was almost as if he didn't want to bash through...

Great steal from Aaron though.

Gear has been pretty crap today, looks like hes lost confidence in himself now to.

Aaron Smith has been good thus far. Hosea Gear should never kick the ball.

EDIT: Try Tomane... maybe.

This is why Gear can be frustrating, so many errors tonight. Seems like he is trying too hard too hard to make something happen.

I dont care how well smith plays i still think Tenaka should start atleast the next couple (if not the rest of the season) to really give Smith and Slade some medicine. They need it. They've had plenty of games from the start of the season to play well.

I hate the new TMO rules. I also hate the current TMO. The Brumbies player was clearly offside (despite what the blind TMO thought), but it had no effect on the play, so the right call was probably made.

I dont care how well smith plays i still think Tenaka should start atleast the next couple (if not the rest of the season) to really give Smith and Slade some medicine. They need it. They've had plenty of games from the start of the season to play well.
I think Smith has been fine. IO still think no one is bashing the forwards enough. They get isolated when carrying the ball too much, and don't offer enough support to the rucks and ball carriers.

They've been penalized too often too. The only one I've liked so far is TJ Ioane.

That was stupid Andrew Hore. I think you need to get clubbed in the head. :p

I think Smith has been fine. IO still think no one is bashing the forwards enough. They get isolated when carrying the ball too much, and don't offer enough support to the rucks and ball carriers.

They've been penalized too often too. The only one I've liked so far is TJ Ioane.

I agree on the forwards for a side coached by joseph its pretty weird. He just seems to of lost the plot. They need a new coach fullstop. Imo if it gets to 7 or 8 losses he should flat out resign and they should find a replacement mid season as that would be just unacceptable imo.

painfull game too watch if ur a higlanders fan. way too many errors and brumbies just too clinical. i enjoyed watching tanaka play he is deffinitly coping well at super15 level also George Smith is still the man, Hose Gear / Ben Smith and Andrew Hore are playing dreadful IMO

Latest posts