• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby: Blues vs. Highlanders in Auckland (05/04/2013)

The loss of Adam Thomson, Nasi Manu and Tamati Ellison from last season, have deprived the Highlanders of three players. Been lacking the strong counter-rucking and aggressive defence from the past few seasons. Brad Thorn, Mose Tuiali'i, Neil Brew, Jason Rutledge, Ma'a Nonu, Tony Woodcock, Andrew Hore and Jake Parangatai robbed them of pace and spark.

The loss of Adam Thomson, Nasi Manu and Tamati Ellison from last season, have deprived the Highlanders of three players. Been lacking the strong counter-rucking and aggressive defence from the past few seasons. Brad Thorn, Mose Tuiali'i, Neil Brew, Jason Rutledge, Ma'a Nonu, Tony Woodcock, Andrew Hore and Jake Parangatai robbed them of pace and spark.

I'd hardly say Brad Thorn has been anything but a tremendous work horse for the Highlanders this season...

Mose Tuiali'i hasn't even played yet - and I wouldn't say Ma'a Nonu has been as bad as people have made out, he just hasn't been what he could/should be. He's still better than any other 12 at the Highlanders.

I'd hardly say Brad Thorn has been anything but a tremendous work horse for the Highlanders this season...

Mose Tuiali'i hasn't even played yet - and I wouldn't say Ma'a Nonu has been as bad as people have made out, he just hasn't been what he could/should be. He's still better than any other 12 at the Highlanders.

I agree, Thorn has been one of the few Highlanders forwards this season playing up to their usual standards.

Nonu has been disappointing - he just seems to be trying to do far too much himself. I just wish he would just run and hard - he is bloody good when he does that!

I agree, Thorn has been one of the few Highlanders forwards this season playing up to their usual standards.

Nonu has been disappointing - he just seems to be trying to do far too much himself. I just wish he would just run and hard - he is bloody good when he does that!

He certainly used to be, but it's been a while since he was the same line breaker he used to be to be fair. He's now got a more balanced game, but compared to 2008 he's not nearly the line breaker he was. I agree he is trying to do too much though - sometimes he looks like he's trying to play a role as a first reciever, rather than running angles to hit the line.

Good start for the boys in green....

EDIT: Colin Slade still can't kick goals...

EDIT 2: Ben Smith is still a god.

Last edited:
For Nickdnz and Darwin..

BEN SMITH!!!

If ben smith is not first choice fullback this year I will be utterly disgusted. He has been far better than Dagg for the last two seasons.

Is Noakes still on the Highlanders pay roll? ;)

Nonu is an idiot. He deserved a yellow card for that... if not a red.

EDIT: looks like he has finally got the yellow he deserved.

What a try by Ben Smith, if the highlanders continue like this they have their first win in the bag.

Try Luatua.... it is hard to defend with 14 men....

EDIT: Hardie looking very sharp!

Last edited:
Another Blues try...

The Blues have scored 12 points while Nonu has been in the bin. Well done Nonu you muppet.

That last try by the blues sums the landers up did you see how many of those useless asshats were still on the ground when ali took the quick tap. I had to look at it twice as it seemed like the blues had taken the tap to quickly to be fair but no it looked totally legit.

So close to another try for the Highlanders... good run by Gear, but just lost the attempted off-load forward.

Walsh is a disgrace to referees all over the world.

I can't tell where Walsh was when the hit happened, but he was behind the pack and there were a lot of bodies between him and the hit. He saw it - or something - but may not have seen how bad it was until it went up on the screen.

Yeah, who am I fooling - it was a bad call and it's a good thing he changed it. But worse than the initial call was that Nonu hit - what the hell was he thinking?

das

Aaron Smith's handling this game has been shocking...

We are looking quite dangerous this match, we just need to execute much better....

Latest posts