• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Suggestions/ideas for Rugby 2012

MAKE IT LIKE Jonah Lomu Rugby for Playstation 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HB - don't worry about official licenses, being able to make own player models and all that rubbish.

Just make the gameplay good and realistic

Get your self a copy of Jonah Lomu Rugby for the Playstation 1. It's over 15 years old and still the best rugby game ever because it was fast, fun and realistic and really responsive.

We don't care about graphics or anything. JUST GAMEPLAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Make it like real rugby.

MAKE RUCKS like in Jonah Lomu Rugby. Where you just had to run players into the ruck to hit the opposition back off the ball (like real rugby)

HOW HARD CAN IT BE?

The previous HB rugby games have not been very good lets be fair

MAKE IT LIKE Jonah Lomu Rugby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HB - don't worry about official licenses, being able to make own player models and all that rubbish.

Get your self a copy of Jonah Lomu Rugby for the Playstation 1. It's over 15 years old and still the best rugby game ever because it was fast, fun and realistic and really responsive.

Make it like real rugby.

MAKE RUCKS like in Jonah Lomu Rugby. Where you just had to run players into the ruck to hit the opposition back off the ball (like real rugby)

HOW HARD CAN IT BE?

We don't care about graphics?????!!!! u nuts bro, it is going to be on xbox 360 and ps3... graphically it has to look good and slick...even rugby 08 looked quite poor graphically like ps1...there needs to be same focus on gameplay and graphics...graphics are what makes a game truly realistic.

Jonah lomu was fun, but that was when i was like 10...we want SIMULATION, Not arcade....that obviously includes real to life gameplay and animations...graphics is also a huge part in making a true simulation of a sport...eg. Forza 3, gran turismo, fifa 11...the list goes on. Those games are awesome because the graphics are awesome and it is as real as gaming can get to the real thing. Another thing those games have in common is tons of licensed stuff...again that is what makes a simulation game great, look at pes vs fifa...nuff said.

Last edited:
But HB should spend most of their time on the game play. It doesn't matter now good a game looks, if it doesn't play well then who cares how realistic Gavin Hensons fake tan and hair looks in pixel form.

I tell you Jonah Lomu may have been arcade but it was more SIMULATION and real than Rugby 08 was. They got Jonah Lomu Rugby right because it was realistic and very responsive. And the rucks and mauls were well designed and realistic. You could offload a pass like in real life. Even the line outs were really well made. The graphics were rubbish but who cares at the end of the day. The game play rocked!!!!!!

But HB should spend most of their time on the game play. It doesn't matter now good a game looks, if it doesn't play well then who cares how realistic Gavin Hensons fake tan and hair looks in pixel form.

I tell you Jonah Lomu may have been arcade but it was more SIMULATION and real than Rugby 08 was. They got Jonah Lomu Rugby right because it was realistic and very responsive. And the rucks and mauls were well designed and realistic. You could offload a pass like in real life. Even the line outs were really well made. The graphics were rubbish but who cares at the end of the day. The game play rocked!!!!!!

I get your point, but that (jonah lomu game) was really far away from a simulation of rugby in my view. I know the gameplay will improve a lot(rugby 08-12), so improved graphics will really do the game justice...i mean we are moving to 360 and ps3...i know HB don't like hearing it, but Fifa 11 in rugby terms for 2012 will be what we would want, but we know it can't quite be achiebed due to budget constraints; but i know HB will get the best they can out of what they have available....i hope....

you guys seem to hit it on the nail so just add a few ideas
we need a decent create a player that look good with more options like tape,scrum caps with rugby makes ,body armor, baselayers top and shorts with diffrant clours then rather then make shoot his skills to max you get a set amount of points to spend on him or earn the points via a training mode which wud have a load of mini games then you put him into a club eg the scarlets in a season mode where depend how well you play you earn more points attract from other clubs and earn the right to play for your county and say in a scarlets case the lions and the bar baas with recourd system that shows your what you've achieved club and intenatialy tries points kicks ect
a man of the mach wouldnt go a miss
id love it if there was ref in the game on the field and on the mini map you can see his arc of sight so you a offend and actully get away with it

Make it like real rugby.

HOW HARD CAN IT BE?

exactly wat ive been thinking!!!!!! if youve played JLR for 1 year str8 then you'll understand.. they just need to buy the game and copy the gameplay...and all they hav to work on is the graphics...cmon hb!..ask ea to buy the copyright and gameplay off of swordfish ( i think it was them that made JLR?)...

im pretty ****** with no manager mode that (and creat a player) was th most important thing for me

a

I've got some of ideas:<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p< font O:p<>
<O:p< font O:p<>
1. Career mode: where you start off as a teenager with basic skills, making your way up to ITM cup or currie cup ect to super 15 (for southern hemisphere the same thing but for their comps) to international to even maybe a dream team? And on the way you get to upgrade your skills and stuff. Also you get choices of what you want to do. For example you might be playing in super 15, then you get an option to choose if you want to stay, or play overseas, stuff like that. This would keep the game interesting and fun to play.<O:p< font O:p<>
2. Better and more realistic rucks/mauls: In the previous games, when you are in the ruck and you have the ball, you cant slow the game down because the other team gets the ball in 2 seconds, also its so unrealistic how then just turnover the ball, because nobody is moving so how can they turn it over? What i want to see is your players throwing themselves into the ruck, not just standing over the ball like dick heads. MORE REALISTIC!!!!<O:p< font O:p<>
3. Scrums. The scrums are way to clean. The players are all perfectly fitted in the scrum. I want to see players falling, sliding ect. Again, REALISTIC!!<O:p< font O:p<>
4. Goal kicking. Have an option what kicking tee you want to use. Higher tees might have more distance but less accurate, and low tees might not have as much distance, but more accurate.<O:p></O:p>
5. Tackling. Some people are saying use the thumbstick (flick up for high tackle, sides for around waist, and down for a low tackle). I think this is an awesome idea, because you have an option on how you want to tackle, unlike 06 and 08 where it's the same couple of tackles all the time. And also certain tackles are better for certain areas of defense. What i mean by this is if someone is sprinting, a low tackle is more effective ect. Also for the thumbstick, if you click it down you can do a "big hit". <O:p< font O:p<>
6. Held up in-goal: if your defending your try line, you can hold them up, which brings me to my next idea ...<O:p< font O:p<>
7. Video ref: If you hold them up, or they put it down near the outline, the call goes upstairs<O:p< font O:p<>
8. Visible ref. Where the ref is actually on the field, not calling out of nowhere. Also touch judges<O:p< font O:p<>
9. Slow-mo: Like in "rugby league live" when you do a big hit it goes in slow motion, this would be cool because it make the game more intense. Also be able to punt in slow-mo.<O:p< font O:p<>
10. Better player customization: for example, be able to MAKE a nose not CHOOSE form a few noses, if that makes sense to you guys. Also, DONT be able to do abilities to max (speed=100) you have to earn points by playing games, stuff like that.<O:p< font O:p<>
11. Team creator: Choose squad from roster. Be able to create jerseys, shorts, and socks. And maybe choose boots. Also what your teams good at, (attack=8/10) , like my idea for player as well, you have to EARN points. And also choose your home ground and what ball your using.<O:p< font O:p<>
12. Create stadium: Choose how many seats, open/closed roof, how high posts ect.<O:p< font O:p<>
13. Create ball: Design what Colours, what logos it has on it and also how long and wide the ball is. Bigger/heavier sized balls might go higher, but might not travel; smaller/lighter balls might not go as high, but travel longer.<O:p< font O:p<>
14. Create a tournament: What teams are in it, how many times they play each other, how many teams go to finals ….

15. Blood bin replacements.

16. Better fights, not just pushing and shoving.

17. Keep star players. And maybe have Silver Star players, who are good at provincial, but not so good at international level. (eg. Stephen Donald for NZ)

18. Weather changes gameplay. If your in SA in altitude, your kicks carry for longer, if your in Wellington NZ, the wind makes passes more difficult to get right. If its raining more knock ons. Hotter temps tire players, muddy groungs make players slower, ans slide round the place.

19. Glitches: Fix the glithes where you slide like 50 metres when you dive (happens sometimes) when you watch replay you can see that when you do place kicks, the ball kind of stops, then keeps going. Its hard to explain, but it happens all the time. Also the ball seams to get sucked into your hands, again, you have to play to know what i am talking about.

20. BETTER GRAPHICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: Come on, were on 360 and ps3 now, time to upgrade guys.

I have LOTS more ideas, but I think I've made my point. I do not expect HB Studios to do ALL these ideas, just some.

Sorry about my grammar…

Good luck HB STUDIOS! Do the hard yards now, rather than later!
</O:p<>

4. Goal kicking. Have an option what kicking tee you want to use. Higher tees might have more distance but less accurate, and low tees might not have as much distance, but more accurate.

You could alsp try leaning ball forwards as more distance, back a bit for height (use with wind)?

One thing that I would like to see as well, is the 'impact tackle'.

Probably the only good thing to take from the new Rugby League live game, where the gameplay slows down, as focuses in on a huge tackle in the game. A result of this could be a knock on, or a turnover, or a boost in momentum for the defending team.

If anyone is wondering what I mean, search for 'rugby league live impact tackle' on youtube :)

Some mauls that collapse but turn into rucks as well. Also some tackles that don't go to ground and turn into mauls.

People who still say JLR is still a good game clearly haven't played it in a long time. It's actually a very clunky unresponsive affair which can't hold a candle in the modern games world any more then World Cup 95 on the Mega Drive. Nostalgic nonsense from people who remember it while yearning for the amateur era.

People who still say JLR is still a good game clearly haven't played it in a long time. It's actually a very clunky unresponsive affair which can't hold a candle in the modern games world any more then World Cup 95 on the Mega Drive. Nostalgic nonsense from people who remember it while yearning for the amateur era.

Agree 100%

more deatailed finnaces such as merchandishing sales ect not just money for winning games and playing home games

I would just like to say that I have never played that game, I am just taking everyone's word for it

Latest posts