• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Stormers 42 - Crusaders 14

Well, many were actually a different group of people from the previous year.

Another SA nomination...
Despite you not agreeing with the decision, it's hardly like McCaw wasn't in the running for the best player of the year (many though he should have won it last year). And BOD lead Ireland to their most impressive season so far with a Six Nations Grand Slam, won the Heineken Cup and was selected for the British and Irish Lions. I'd hardly say that he was unworthy of being nominated as the best player of 2009 and was considered by most to be the best centre. I'm not saying I agree with McCaw being player of 2009, however saying McCaw winning the award is "beyond you" seems a complete dismissal of the talent of arguably the best openside in history. Bringing up that someone else won at this point of the years seems rather pointless and despite how good you think J Fourie is, it doesn’t make you right, so I'd refrain from presenting opinion based statements as facts, especially when they are as one sided as yours usually are.

I could not agree more about McCaw but history has nothing to do with year on year performance and saying Brussuow outplayed every one is not an opinion it is a fact that he was the best openside flanker last year check out the stats on any rugby website you wish,so asking how mccaw won POTY is justifiable(its not an attack on his ability) but G smith's stat were better as well!And if McCaw won POTY because of his historical performance then there is something seriously wrong with the nomination system which there already is,this might also come as a shock but how F Steyn got nominated is also beyond me! ;)

It's all most not worth responding to. In the Super 14 McCaw was injured most of the season, so if the results were better (AND that is a big if as I wouldn't coun't any of you "facts" as reliable. I would like to see where you get your stats from.), it wouldn't nessacerly mean he played worse, just he got much less game time. How would the stats take into account attributes such as leadership, teamwork, off feild work etc? McCaw did play very well. Enough to earn a nomination to say the least. Just because a player consistantly plays to a very high standard, and dosn't perform much higher in 1 year, that still dosn't mean he shouldn't be nominated and if he is good enough, win.

saying Brussuow outplayed every one is not an opinion it is a fact that he was the best openside flanker last year check out the stats on any rugby website you wish
On a slightly different note, are you 13 years old?

HAHA. Nevermind. For the record though, I also think Jaque Fourie is the best 13 in the world.

Still though, the Stormers player of the season has to be Andries Bekker. He is player of the tournament so far, along with Quade Cooper, Will Genia and Fourie du Preez.

HAHA. Nevermind. For the record though, I also think Conrad Smith is the best 13 in the world.

Still though, the Stormers player of the season has to be Andries Bekker. He is player of the tournament so far, along with Quade Cooper, Will Genia, Fourie du Preez and especially Conrad Smith, I couldn't have been more wrong about him at the beginning of the season, he's class.
Defenitly have a point about Conrad Smith. He has been perfect this season. Not put a foot wrong.

How is asking if you are 13, in any way bias?

You went from being opinionated, bias and misinformed to...

Ok, so you haven't really changed.

How is asking if you are 13, in any way bias?

You went from being opinionated, bias and misinformed to...

Ok, so you haven't really changed.

Defenitly have a point about Conrad Smith. He has been perfect this season. Not put a foot wrong.

It's all most not worth responding to. In the Super 14 McCaw was injured most of the season, so if the results were better (AND that is a big if as I wouldn't coun't any of you "facts" as reliable. I would like to see where you get your stats from.), it wouldn't nessacerly mean he played worse, just he got much less game time. How would the stats take into account attributes such as leadership, teamwork, off feild work etc? McCaw did play very well. Enough to earn a nomination to say the least. Just because a player consistantly plays to a very high standard, and dosn't perform much higher in 1 year, that still dosn't mean he shouldn't be nominated and if he is good enough, win.

Let me correct that!
Who is bias now!and for someone who criticizes me for being bias you are defending mccaw aggressively and talking up conrad smith allot not to be one your self!
Happy?

Its very interesting that you mention that mccaw was out for most of last years S14 which makes me wonder even more!because that was one of the big questions asked by the critics last year............well,in SA anyway.
and about the facts/stats,like I said before you check it out on any rugby website its not that difficult,if not,use it,dont use it,its your call!

Ah come on Nick, Conrad has not been as good as Fourie this season. Or do you think he has been better? Smith has had a pretty good season i think, but Fourie has transformed that entire Stormers back-line, and another thing to remember, is Smith has a very good 12 playing alongside him. I think de Jongh is crap.

Also, stop feeding the Troll. His views are obviously very biased.

Let me correct that!
Who is bias now!and for someone who criticizes me for being bias you are defending mccaw aggressively and talking up conrad smith allot not to be one your self!
Happy?
Its very interesting that you mention that mccaw was out for most of last years S14 which makes me wonder even more!because that was one of the big questions asked by the critics last year............well,in SA anyway.
and about the facts/stats,like I said before you check it out on any rugby website its not that difficult,if not,use it,dont use it,its your call!

Sigh.

You've got me... Your dazzling wit and superior intellect has shown me up. There are no words I am aware of that will get me out of this trap. My defending of McCaw as an un-bizarre candidate for best player, and my opinion based support of Smith as one of the best centre's in the world, I now realise as foolish and has ultimately lead to my demise. My inferior research skills in finding statistics supporting your claim of Brussow, despite going through several of the "any rugby websites" you list, has left me up the creek without a paddle. Your charismatic use of an exclamation mark after finishing every post, just emphasis's the futility of my argument. Every grammatical error and nonsensical babble riddled throughout your posts, I now realise was a cunning ploy, an act of misdirection. You were playing games with me all along, however the final "!" marks the end of a one sided battle, and I'm down for the count.
My only request here is that you allow me to save face amongst my pairs on TRF. Let me pick myself off the ground and submit to the glory that is Bokbe4k and by extension, South African Rugby. Your clear and articulated presentation of the FACTS crushes any doubt that South Africa is superior in every facet in the game, and I am humbled in your presents.

Ah come on Nick, Conrad has not been as good as Fourie this season. Or do you think he has been better? Smith has had a pretty good season i think, but Fourie has transformed that entire Stormers back-line, and another thing to remember, is Smith has a very good 12 playing alongside him. I think de Jongh is crap.

In honesty Jer1cho, I rate the Hurricanes chances of beating the reds, entirely dependant on Conrad Smith playing (he may not due to head injuries, and then you'll see what I mean). Nonu is a good attacking player, but very selfish and he lacks in defence, passing and handling. If you can find one missed tackle or mistake from Conrad I will concede. That being said, Fourie has had some amazing moments so far this season. They are different players, which is why I didn't think any player can be rated the BEST in the world in that position. I have since been proven wrong. Conrad Smith however is not going to score the try Fourie did, that was amazing attack and showed real class. On the flip side however, Fourie would not have scored that try if Smith was there for the tackle. You see what I mean? It's not me being totally bias, it's just I am yet to see Smith make a mistake, and that's the value Smith adds to a team.

Sigh.

You've got me... Your dazzling wit and superior intellect has shown me up. There are no words I am aware of that will get me out of this trap. My defending of McCaw as an un-bizarre candidate for best player, and my opinion based support of Smith as one of the best centre's in the world, I now realise as foolish and has ultimately lead to my demise. My inferior research skills in finding statistics supporting your claim of Brussow, despite going through several of the "any rugby websites" you list, has left me up the creek without a paddle. Your charismatic use of an exclamation mark after finishing every post, just emphasis's the futility of my argument. Every grammatical error and nonsensical babble riddled throughout your posts, I now realise was a cunning ploy, an act of misdirection. You were playing games with me all along, however the final "!" marks the end of a one sided battle, and I'm down for the count.
My only request here is that you allow me to save face amongst my pairs on TRF. Let me pick myself off the ground and submit to the glory that is Bokbe4k and by extension, South African Rugby. Your clear and articulated presentation of the FACTS crushes any doubt that South Africa is superior in every facet in the game, and I am humbled in your presents.

:D :D :D That really made laugh,come on bud,reset the tension a bit,its all about having fun!

:D :D :D That really made laugh,come on bud,reset the tension a bit,its all about having fun!

I love how you work up a shitstorm against everyone here who doesn't necessarily agree with you, then tell them to reset the tension and it's all about having fun. I am a fokken big South African fan, but even i don't let my heart speak out louder than fact as much as you do. Come on dude, some of these guys know just as much, if not more about the game than you do, and all have points that are just as valid as yours. Try to see it from their perspectives as well. It will get you a lot further.

I love how you work up a shitstorm against everyone here who doesn't necessarily agree with you, then tell them to reset the tension and it's all about having fun. I am a fokken big South African fan, but even i don't let my heart speak out louder than fact as much as you do. Come on dude, some of these guys know just as much, if not more about the game than you do, and all have points that are just as valid as yours. Try to see it from their perspectives as well. It will get you a lot further.

I never claimed that I know more than every one on this site but

@nick,my fellow South African has given me a stern talking to so I apologize sincerely.

Oh and Jerico,love that tri of Spies,I was there it F#^*en amazing boet!

Blue Bulls supporter, I knew it :p Now everything makes sense.

Going off topic here, were you maybe a member of the ScumV rugby forums at one stage?

I love the Bulls but when it comes down to it there is only one team in my heart and thats the Cheetahs,you should know them We've had your number for some time now!
and to answer your second question,no.

I love the Bulls but when it comes down to it there is only one team in my heart and thats the Cheetahs,you should know them We've had your number for some time now!

Haha that is true without a shade of doubt. The Cheetahs are my favourite team after the Sharks so no hard feelings! It's such a pity the Cheetahs ALWAYS bring their A game for SA derby's and then hit a complete 180 against overseas teams. Hopefully this past weekend's game will be a turning point for them, but again too little too late in the season.

Haha no hard feelings bud.I just cant help wondering how different their season would have been if Juan played all the games,he made a huge difference when he came back and for him it was under very difficult circumstances!

Heinrich Brussow didn't really outplay Mccaw, he was on the front foot all the way which if you ask any forward is like the holy grail success to winning a game of rugby, you can't win a game of rugby without your 8 forwards getting you above the advantage line every ball and with the Blues vs the Bulls you see how effective that is. So considering that, Brussow had a much easier time therefore looked like he outplayed him, but it was the big men who were doing the work.

Conrad Smith and Jaque Fourie are far better than O'driscoll, I have believed this for years. If I were to chose which one of them would be in my starting XV is a whole other matter, too close to call. Smith has missed two tackles this year, which is a pretty impressive record considering he makes about 10+ per game. Fourie a destructive ball carier and deceptively quick, runs strong lines.

If you really want to talk about facts though and situations

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnbc4wAddKI

Conrad Smith try. Fends Morne Steyn, runs past JDV and through JP and F Steyn to score a try. What does Jaque Fourie do? Makes a late hit on Nonu opening up that gap for Smith to score.

Latest posts