• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa v New Zealand. 21 Aug 2010. What is your prediction?

So what, you threaten to ban me for calling someone a "dick", but its OK for anyone to call me a liar?

Calling someone a liar with no basis for the allegation is the worse kind of abuse, and you, a Moderator think that is OK? Well that is a double-standard if ever I saw one.

I did not expect double standards here... especially from moderators.

Ahaha ban, thats a classic one. I only issued a threat that if the meat swinging continued that the ban hammer would be thrown, infractions would be issued and what you have not. The truth is a member did suffer an infraction. So unfortunately ... no double standards.

Ahaha ban, thats a classic one. I only issued a threat that if the meat swinging continued that the ban hammer would be thrown, infractions would be issued and what you have not. The truth is a member did suffer an infraction. So unfortunately ... no double standards.

So, you are comfortable with one member accusing another if lying (with no basis), but you will swing the hammer if one accuses another of being a "dick"?

So, you are comfortable with one member accusing another if lying (with no basis), but you will swing the hammer if one accuses another of being a "dick"?

Have you actually read most of the Tri-Nations threads this year? They are full of people insulting each other and meat swinging. This forum is starting to go like the 606 forums at times and I have to sit and read this filth. Also this forum is not the refs forum, so ... he accused you of something thats not even on this forum :lol:

On the topic of "meatswinging" im still waiting for a reply to my message..

It's all getting a bit aggressive, here. (Glad I deleted my previous post.)

Thread Re-Opened, because people are crying about it!

Last edited:
Things have gotten heated in other threads that were not closed. What is the reasoning for this thread being closed?

Personally, I think there is still much to comment on in relation to this game.

The McCaw forward pass, were there some from South Africans that also went un-noticed?
Other than one or two negative people, how fantastic have most of the Boks fans been on here in congratulating the All Blacks?
Soweto - should it host more Tri-Nations games like this? Why? Why not?
Wasn't it odd seeing a twilight game in South Africa?
When Burger, Matfield and Smit go, who are going to be the future forwards heroes for South Africa?
How long will it take South Africa to adjust to the new breakdown rules and will they be amazingly dominant once more when they've trained for them accordingly?
Who were the surprise players to play above expectation?

There's hardly call to justify shutting this down due to a moderator becoming embroiled in an argument. I had a thread re-opened a year and a half ago in which there was much heated argument during a 6 nations. I was informed that it would've been better to get someone from the countries involved to shut it down. In the end it stayed open.

Maybe it was just a heated call that should be over-ruled?

However, what is the most scary thing for their opponents, isn't just that they have these multiple game-plans/ways of playing, they seems to have the ability implement them "on the fly". Its almost like someone throws a switch, and Plan A becomes Plan B. When you may only be a few percentage points ahead of your opponent, this is the type of thing that can give you the winning edge.

I agree, it's team work extraordinaire really.

All Blacks are also keeping on the pressure more. One thing I noticed with the Boks this game is our habit of relieving pressure for the other team. One instance was when we really had the All Black scrum under pressure right on their line, and a penalty was awarded. I was screaming for another scrum to be taken! Nope we took the 3 points instead. That's an extreme case though.
The other instances was basically Morne Steyn kicking every time we had the All Blacks on the back foot. WHYYYYYYYY?! And then not even kicking it out. Typical.
Again we weren't making head way via our backs, yet when we used the rolling maul we got good yardage. Why did we only do it once? We got an easy 3 points off the only one we used the whole freaking game.

Add that to things like kicking a penalty ball dead from 60m away, resulting in a scrum against us in our own territory & our coach not having ANY clue how to use subs (I still believe Dick Muir is behind this nonsense), we gave away that extra 2-3% needed to win a Test against the All Blacks.

I agree, it's team work extraordinaire really.

All Blacks are also keeping on the pressure more. One thing I noticed with the Boks this game is our habit of relieving pressure for the other team. One instance was when we really had the All Black scrum under pressure right on their line, and a penalty was awarded. I was screaming for another scrum to be taken! Nope we took the 3 points instead. That's an extreme case though.
The other instances was basically Morne Steyn kicking every time we had the All Blacks on the back foot. WHYYYYYYYY?! And then not even kicking it out. Typical.
Again we weren't making head way via our backs, yet when we used the rolling maul we got good yardage. Why did we only do it once? We got an easy 3 points off the only one we used the whole freaking game.

Add that to things like kicking a penalty ball dead from 60m away, resulting in a scrum against us in our own territory & our coach not having ANY clue how to use subs (I still believe Dick Muir is behind this nonsense), we gave away that extra 2-3% needed to win a Test against the All Blacks.

Look, I'll say something that I believe many New Zealand posters feel, but haven't implicitly stated. I do believe South Africa has had to endure very difficult circumstances this year in the Tri-Nations. Last year was a very successful year, largely built on defence, exploitation of mistakes and counter-attack. Who wouldn't try to replicate a winning formula? It's obvious that many of the SAF players were frustrated on the field and that led to many early yellow cards. I also believe that the average South African fan can be sympathised with, but not (as some have) for the finger of blame that a minority have extended. No, more for the fact that they had a very iron-clad game last year and since then it's eroded. That's got to be hard, I know I didn't like it last year.

Still this bad luck and form can't and won't continue, as I see it SAF have had some losses a team badly needs the year prior to a World Cup. We've exposed our style of game now and I'm sure South Africa will be at that drawing board pulling it apart and reconstructing it in their own way for the more important next year. I'd take heart in that.

I believe the Boks played very well. Unfortunately all blacks won. Doesn't matter how, forward pass whatever.
All Blacks are very good from Counter Attack, but still the Boks do the kick game(poorly). The Boks created the platform for the blacks and they played fromk it. The kick chase game plan the Boks like, must be done on par. Kick must be on target and the chasis as well. I saw the boks defence line when they kicked the ball. There were players sprinting out of the line and not going up in one line, which caused holes in their defence.
Well done to the blacks, but the Boks will be better.

THe English invented rugby,BUT the Boks perfected it.

I believe the Boks played very well. Unfortunately all blacks won. Doesn't matter how, forward pass whatever.
All Blacks are very good from Counter Attack, but still the Boks do the kick game(poorly). The Boks created the platform for the blacks and they played fromk it. The kick chase game plan the Boks like, must be done on par. Kick must be on target and the chasis as well. I saw the boks defence line when they kicked the ball. There were players sprinting out of the line and not going up in one line, which caused holes in their defence.
Well done to the blacks, but the Boks will be better.

THe English invented rugby,BUT the Boks perfected it.

Perfected it? If perfection and 2nd best team in history are the same thing.

... sorry who perfected rugby now? haha, 2nd best in history 3rd in the professional era

Kiwis here would start a riot in a nunnery..:p

and eddie 67 SA perfecting rugby? I think not perfect rugby in the minds of any supporter would be running free flowing rugby...not rugby ping pong that SA have branded as their own...not a dig at the nation or the style of rugby in terms of effectiveness (although now its rather useless) just a dig at your dodgy comment

Latest posts