• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

South Africa v New Zealand. 21 Aug 2010. What is your prediction?

V

valeramat

Hello, everyone.

I do not know what to think about this game. Is there any thoughts or predictions?
Is there any chances for South Africa after couple of great games from New Zealand? :cool::cool::cool:

Hey valeramat,

So far Ive picked well and for this game Im gonna pick the Springboks to win, another close game though but I think the Springboks will rise to the occasion of playing at home.

..actually i predict massive amounts of *****ing on this thread...

Last edited by a moderator:

"So far Ive picked well
and for this game Im gonna pick the Springboks to win, another close game though but I think the Springboks will rise to the occasion of playing at home. "

But there were two defeats in this year from NZ... I understand that they play at home, but the NZ for now is strong. What is your odds for this match?

NZ will win but I expect SA to be a hell of a lot better than they have been.

But there were two defeats in this year from NZ... I understand that they play at home, but the NZ for now is strong. What is your odds for this match?
Springboks by 7 or less, I'll go for that.

Yeah I know the ABs have been playing well its hard to bet against them but Im going for the boks this week I feel that they'll come through. Thats my prediction anyway and no Im not a Nostradamus lol (not that you asked).:)

NZ to win, but SA to play better than they did in their previous tests.
Maybe NZ by 6

springboks will dick them,im sick of the all blacks winning there almost as annoying as the aussie cricket team at their pomp

The Springbok provisional squad has been selected...

Forwards: BJ Botha (Ulster), Schalk Burger (Vodacom Stormers), Jannie du Plessis (Sharks), Ryan Kankowski (Sharks), Francois Louw (Vodacom Stormers), Victor Matfield (Vodacom Bulls), Tendai Mtawarira (Sharks), Dewald Potgieter (Vodacom Bulls), Chiliboy Ralepelle (Vodacom Bulls), Danie Rossouw (Vodacom Bulls), John Smit (Sharks, captain), Juan Smith (Vodacom Cheetahs), Pierre Spies (Vodacom Bulls), Gurthro Steènkámp (Vodacom Bulls), CJ van der Linde (Vodacom Cheetahs), Flip van der Merwe (Vodacom Bulls).

Backs: Gio Aplon (Vodacom Stormers), Juan de Jongh (Vodacom Stormers), Jean de Villiers (Vodacom Stormers), Jaque Fourie (Vodacom Stormers), Bryan Habana (Vodacom Stormers), Francois Hougaard (Vodacom Bulls), Ricky Januarie (Vodacom Stormers), Butch James (Bath), Zane Kirchner (Vodacom Bulls), Wynand Olivier (Vodacom Bulls), JP Pietersen (Sharks), Frans Steyn (Racing Metro), Morne Steyn (Vodacom Bulls)

Springboks by 7 or less, I'll go for that.

Yeah I know the ABs have been playing well its hard to bet against them but Im going for the boks this week I feel that they'll come through. Thats my prediction anyway and no Im not a Nostradamus lol (not that you asked).:)

Yeah, it is very sad that we are not Nostradamuses :) :) :)
It will be really interesting match... Among my 6 friends (rugby fans): three of them for NZ, and the others three - for SA... :) It was no never ever earlier. :)

Depends entirely on PdV's selections

Well, JP, Francois and Juan de Jongh are back together with Bismarck so there's a glimpse of hope but I still don't see the Boks win this one

I read somewhere that Heinrich Brussouw is in the training squad, I thought he was still recovering from injury?

Depends entirely on PdV's selections

What a doozy, such arrogance here. Springboks game to lose is it
It was unfortunate how De Villiers didn't select any of the players from last year for the losses in NZ. Bring back Morne Steyn! lol

Anyway Springboks have a decent chance I feel if they manage to shut the game down, though AB's will probably win anyway as they have shown they've got the superior forward pack. Still it could go South Africa's way if the All Blacks have an off day, low scoring slow game and an intercept might just do it.

What a doozy, such arrogance here. Springboks game to lose is it
It was unfortunate how De Villiers didn't select any of the players from last year for the losses in NZ. Bring back Morne Steyn! lol

Anyway Springboks have a decent chance I feel if they manage to shut the game down, though AB's will probably win anyway as they have shown they've got the superior forward pack. Still it could go South Africa's way if the All Blacks have an off day, low scoring slow game and an intercept might just do it.
Do you mean Francois Steyn?

springboks will dick them,im sick of the all blacks winning there almost as annoying as the aussie cricket team at their pomp

Can I ask you what annoys you about the All Blacks? Do we just win a lot or are we arrogant?

I think that South Africa will turn things around at home. It's hardly inconceivable for them to turn things around. The All Blacks were heavily criticized last year but we have turned it around so I think South Africa can do the same. A few losses does not make them a bad team all of a sudden. Losing this game would be a massive blow for South Africa but i think home ground advantage should be enough to see them home.

I read somewhere that Heinrich Brussouw is in the training squad, I thought he was still recovering from injury?

There was always the chance he may recover for the end of year tour.

Only players who are able to train were invited to the camp (him and Bismarck)
I can't remember what Brussouw injury was, but he must be able to train now, I doubt he would play though

Latest posts