• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Samoa tournament strategy

Kellet was awesome in SA 95 and carried the team to the QF with exceptional tactical and goal kicking. Pisi is still to do that.

Everyones a critic! Different era and Samoa rugby is more professional than it was in 1995.

Thats because Australia played arrogently and played into Samoas game by non stop running at them instead of kicking and trying to camp them inside their 22. In the tactical kicking department vs Wales or South Africa, I think we could be exposed as Tusi Pisi and Lavea both have a mediocre boot when it comes to range. Fullback Paul Williams does provide a decent option as he has decent range with his kicking aswell as Kahn Fotuali'i's box kicking.
Tactical kicking isn't all about how far you can kick it, it's more about taking the right kicking options at the right time and executing them accurately.

As for distance, I have no problem with Pisi's distance, but Lavea's distance seems to be a bit too short for a test 10.

Let's be honest our best flyhalf was Stephen Bachop hands down .. lol He wasn't afraid to run at the line.. had a great kicking game.. awesome defence for a little man.. and had blinding pace for a flyhalf.. And ever since him , No one has ever come and made the Manu Samoa 10 jersey their "own" .. But maybe JUST maybe.. If there was a man to replace the great Stephen Bachop.. It would definately be Tusi Pisi..

Bachop now after watching some old Manu matches he definitely was great. When you think about it we have had some good first fives.

Let's be honest our best flyhalf was Stephen Bachop hands down ..

Bachop now after watching some old Manu matches he definitely was great. When you think about it we have had some good first fives.

Stephen was also an All Black but never got to play due to Fox never getting injured. No doubt he is the best 1st five in to wear the Manu jersey.

Agreed lads.

Le Manu !!!! Sorry overcome by excitement now Pisi has been named. Tuifua on the bench replace by Ofisa but interestingly POlu is not on the bench.

Samoa are my second favourites too, mainly because as a Leicester fan we have borrowed so many quality players from you over the years!

Latest posts