• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF3] England vs Fiji (15/10/2023)

I know there has been a lot of criticism at this World Cup, but there quarters have been good and close games. Of course there was a quality difference between Ireland vs. New Zealand and the other two so far, but at least they have been competitive.

Earl has been so good, but anyone who has been watching him over the last couple of years will know that he's added to his all round game massively while retaining the ability to do the highlight reel stuff.

His real position is 7 though. Imagine what he could do in tandem with a ball player like Mercer at 8 and a stopper type at 6. Right now Curry is being outshone.

The funniest outcome of this world cup will be if england **** house their way to a WC while playing dross. Out of the weak half of the draw, seen some class stuff from the top 4, but borthwicks england grinds it out?

I know neutrals will never cheer for england, but they should, support chaos.
To support chaos today was to back Fiji, possibly the first tier 2 ever to reach a semi final

I know there has been a lot of criticism at this World Cup, but there quarters have been good and close games. Of course there was a quality difference between Ireland vs. New Zealand and the other two so far, but at least they have been competitive.
I think that has been one of the low key benefits of the draw. Pool C and D where relatively close and entertaining and because both sides of the draw where matched to be either very good or mid to bad it meant the QF have all been competitive.

I think that has been one of the low key benefits of the draw. Pool C and D where relatively close and entertaining and because both sides of the draw where matched to be either very good or mid to bad it meant the QF have all been competitive.
So are you saying the semis are going to be pretty one sided?

The concern for me is the RFU looking at this as their success and a reason to carry on the current direction.
What winning...?

Continuing to improve aspects of the game...and most likely change part of the squad post WC?

Who else would folk have in the top job? RFU aren't flush with cash so Borthwick is here to stay.

I expect England will get beaten handsomely by either France or SA.

Needs a full 6N cycle to be judged IMO, is there any summer tour planned in 2024? I'm not sure whether he'll clean house or phase the experienced heads out gradually that won't feature in the next RWC.

So are you saying the semis are going to be pretty one sided?
In theory yes. But then its a cup competition so who knows what happens. It essentially meant we had relatively competitive groups, quarters, down semis then top tier final. When normally the tournament only gets really spicy at the semis.

Who else would folk have in the top job? RFU aren't flush with cash so Borthwick is here to stay.

I expect England will get beaten handsomely by either France or SA.

Needs a full 6N cycle to be judged IMO, is there any summer tour planned in 2024? I'm not sure whether he'll clean house or phase the experienced heads out gradually that won't feature in the next RWC.
I think its pointless untill Sweeney is gone tbh. Borthwick is not good, I dont buy the next cycle, he has been here a year and the rugby has been consistently pish, been chopping and changing basically every game, his top lineup here includes 2 players he cut from his initial squad, that is just incompetent.

But untill the RFU is sorted properly even a top coach is going to struggle. My only hope is steve improves with more time.

The good news for England is that a WC final against Argentina is still on the cards. Yes, you'll have to believe me, it is possible...
Will they put Ford at 10 again ?

Latest posts