• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF3] England vs Fiji (15/10/2023)

The widely accepted standard is that it is a yellow card if the deliberate knock on prevented a clear break or a try scoring opportunity.
then it shouldnt be a problem for you to cite an example of what i asked. Yet you did not.

then it shouldnt be a problem for you to cite an example of what i asked. Yet you did not.
What? A case where it has happened or where it says it in the laws? How about you cite anything to support your case, because I notice you haven't done that either you ******* hypocrite.

So Dan has been in all 5 match day squads.

He was entrusted with a whole 55 minutes against Chile, otherwise got 8 against Arg, 6 against Jap, 0 v Samoa and 0 against Fiji.

Utterly ridiculous.

This guy has clearly been nominated as our number two number two and could be called upon in the 2nd minute of a RWC semi against the powder puff front rows and feeble line outs of France or the Boks. What sort of preparation has he had?

Quite apart from the confidence factor of Borthwick yelling from the rooftops "I DON'T TRUST YOU".
In the pool stages i was of the opinion Dan should get as much gametime as possible, soon as you get to the QFs a player like George is experienced is good enough to play 80 min....it was right to do it if im honest as it was the best chance to win.

Hoping post WC Dan is first choice and George to the bench.

Weve made the rod for our own back, if we give Dan gametime now we weaken our team because we didnt give Dan time in games where we cpuld have. And now are fine as long as George is good...if not we're screwed

Did you watch NZ v Ireland? and listen to the Ref and TMO conversation around the yellow card?
There's an example from this very weekend.
Any citations from any other yellow cards for deliberate knock-ons that were yellow because of the deliberate nature, rather than the significant line-break? (Personally, I find citations like this hard, because I tend not to remember that sort of specific detail for any length of time.)

And again - we're allowed different opinions (as we're talking interpretations, not laws), based on different evidence from having watched different rugby matches.

What? A case where it has happened or where it says it in the laws? How about you cite anything to support your case, because I notice you haven't done that either you ******* hypocrite.
I quote the laws and the common practice. Then you daid something was commonly accepted and failed to provide one single example to countwr my argument. Kudos.

Earl has been so good, but anyone who has been watching him over the last couple of years will know that he's added to his all round game massively while retaining the ability to do the highlight reel stuff.

His real position is 7 though. Imagine what he could do in tandem with a ball player like Mercer at 8 and a stopper type at 6. Right now Curry is being outshone.
6 Pearson
7 Earl
8 Mercer

Nowhere near as comfortable as I thought.

My worry is we put in a big performance next round only to get slaughtered by New Zealand in the final
I'd be more worried about my mental instability, were I you.

How are England, even with a 'big performance', going to get to the final? There's not a hope you can match SA or France. Did they change the rules?

I quote the laws and the common practice. Then you daid something was commonly accepted and failed to provide one single example to countwr my argument. Kudos.
Oh yeah let me just look back at through my record of all rugby games to find a specific example. Also no, you didn't quote the law, I posted the link to you and it does not call for a yellow for a deliberate knock on, the sanction is penalty. Yellows are for cynical play that either prevent a clear break, prevent a try being scored or for repeated cynical play, that is the law under which a yellow for a deliberate knock on may be given. There was NO try scoring opportunity, NO line break on the cards and NO repeated infringement, therefore NO yellow. This is seen multiple times and you are being deliberately obtuse if you act like every deliberate knock on is a yellow. There have been cases in this very world cup of deliberate knock ons not leading to yellows.

Or maybe you'd like to describe how a pass that was going behind the runner and was going to bounce on the floor in the Fiji half was going to lead to a try or line break...

Farrell MOTM
Mouth of the match?

Truly the least gracious captain of any team on the planet. His sneering reactions to referees decisions is very tiresome.

Not often I wish ill of any rugby player, but if he never graces a ground ever again, I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep.

Oh yeah let me just look back at through my record of all rugby games to find a specific example. Also no, you didn't quote the law, I posted the link to you and it does not call for a yellow for a deliberate knock on, the sanction is penalty. Yellows are for cynical play that either prevent a clear break, prevent a try being scored or for repeated cynical play, that is the law under which a yellow for a deliberate knock on may be given. There was NO try scoring opportunity, NO line break on the cards and NO repeated infringement, therefore NO yellow. This is seen multiple times and you are being deliberately obtuse if you act like every deliberate knock on is a yellow. There have been cases in this very world cup of deliberate knock ons not leading to yellows.

Or maybe you'd like to describe how a pass that was going behind the runner and was going to bounce on the floor in the Fiji half was going to lead to a try or line break...
"The widely accepted standard" and yet you cant produce a single example.

Again - yesterday; the most recent example of any yellow card given for a deliberate knock-on - was yellow because it prevented a significant line break.

I can't give you a more recent example, because there haven't been any (that I'm aware of).

Currently, you're in "what can be asserted without evidence can be refuted without evidence"
Unfortunately for you, the refutation is the one with the evidence - yesterday.

I'd be more worried about my mental instability, were I you.

How are England, even with a 'big performance', going to get to the final? There's not a hope you can match SA or France. Did they change the rules?

I honestly think we most likely get slaughtered in the semis. My point is we could have one big performance but I doubt we have two. Which would mean a very easy victory for New Zealand in the final.

Jesus Christ you really are being a dense prick. I'm not going to look back through multiple games to find a specific example. How about you point where it says the standard is that ALL deliberate knock ons are yellow eh? Nah you haven't done that have you so get off your sodding high horse.

Game is clear. Time?
I hope you can understand i m not going to watch the entire game for this. And again, the issue here is not only the outcome, it is the outcome AND the rationale.

Jesus Christ you really are being a dense prick. I'm not going to look back through multiple games to find a specific example. How about you point where it says the standard is that ALL deliberate knock ons are yellow eh? Nah you haven't done that have you so get off your sodding high horse.
Coming from the obtuse cvnt who cant backup the statements you ve JUST made, well, i take that as a compliment.
Amazing how you refuse to spend time providing evidence yet you ve got all the time in the world to spread your babbling nonsense. Quite the conundrum you ve got there.

Well done to Fiji. They really tried to get back into this but just fell short. Good luck to England going forward.
With 9,000 players and a budget less than that of your average English RFU Championship team, they play at a level that often embarrasses their opposition.

This is just such an event.

England were the lucky recipient of some patchy refereeing and if Fiji had managed to hit their penalties, would be going home.

Coming from the obtuse cvnt who cant backup the statements you ve JUST made, well, i take that as a compliment.
Amazing how you refuse to spend time providing evidence yet you ve got all the time in the world to spread your babbling nonsense. Quite the conundrum you ve got there.
I posted the laws to you, I'm not going to go through games finding a specific example just as you haven't. Go on, tell me under what basis it is a yellow. No break on, no try scoring on, no repeated infringement so tell me where in the laws or guidance it says it should be a yellow.

was really hoping to see an island nation that is a former British colony make their first semi-final. Sadly it just wasn't to be.
As a citizen of "an island nation that is a former British colony" who has won three WCs to date and embarrassed England more than once in competitions and tours, sure.

Latest posts