• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023 QF3] England vs Fiji (15/10/2023)

Fiji population of 900k 🇫🇯

They should all be proud. If the Drua keep going the next RWC they'll be better more depth and control in the half backs and they'll be set.
For sure more depth at FH (I like Muntz as their starter) and a good SH and they could be very very dangerous at the next WC. Not to mention Drua will not help them build a better pipeline of front 5 players who are good at the set piece.

4 more years of borthwick

View attachment 18163
The only consolation for those of us hoping for a Fiji win. Surely he is unsackable with a SF on his CV after being parachuted in in an emergency.

I quite enjoyed that. What two of the QFs lacked in quality they at least made up for with unpredictability and a momentum swings.

3/3 on completely crap predictions this weekend (at least I got the winner right this time).

The reasoning for not ycarding Farrell was nothing short of ludicrous. The ball was going in the direction of the Fijean player and Farrell diverted such direction.
As far as I understand, whether the pass would have reached the hands of the Fijian player without touching the ground first is irrelevant. I want to know which law considers this exception the refs is making use of.
If the ball isn't going to hand, or even particularly close to the recipient, how confident can you be that the delay to backtrack, the clean pick-up, and the accelerating forwards again, is going to lead to a significant line-break?

I'm pretty sure it's known that I have no fondness for OF, but you need a reason in law to show a yellow card (as per your discussion on the pushing and shoving).

Well fabulous...that **** England team just keeps winning :D

Lawes and Earl...wow...
The funniest outcome of this world cup will be if england **** house their way to a WC while playing dross. Out of the weak half of the draw, seen some class stuff from the top 4, but borthwicks england grinds it out?

I know neutrals will never cheer for england, but they should, support chaos.

The only consolation for those of us hoping for a Fiji win. Surely he is unsackable with a SF on his CV after being parachuted in in an emergency.

I quite enjoyed that. What two of the QFs lacked in quality they at least made up for with unpredictability and a momentum swings.

3/3 on completely crap predictions this weekend (at least I got the winner right this time).
See this is where context matters. England had an awful 6Ns, awful warm ups and then scrape through to a SF with the easiest draw they've ever had. SF on CV means jack **** as everyone said it was the minimum when the groups were drawn. Depressingly most people, especially the RFU will ignore context and just look at results until it hurts their wallet.

The funniest outcome of this world cup will be if england **** house their way to a WC while playing dross. Out of the weak half of the draw, seen some class stuff from the top 4, but borthwicks england grinds it out?

I know neutrals will never cheer for england, but they should, support chaos.

I can see us having one amazing performance in the semis. But two will be too much, and we will lose by a lot against New Zealand.

See this is where context matters. England had an awful 6Ns, awful warm ups and then scrape through to a SF with the easiest draw they've ever had. SF on CV means jack **** as everyone said it was the minimum when the groups were drawn. Depressingly most people, especially the RFU will ignore context and just look at results until it hurts their wallet.
Yeah, despite the SF, unless the squad is overhauled I wholly expect a 4/5th place finish in the six nations.

But lets enjoy it in the meantime.

Oh yeah. I don't think he is coming good any time soon, I just can't see him being sacked before the end of 2025 6N, and probably not even then. Irrespective of performance.

I think the RFU will force SB to try and play more entertaining rugby after the WC to avoid the top tier of twickenham being empty again. Loads of England tickets have been available for the World dip games as well. The RFU are idiots but I'm they must reload that dross rugby without the results doesn't attract fans.

Latest posts