• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] England vs Japan (17/09/2023)

I'm guessing England gameplan for every opposition, is it just kick the ball until you are in their 22 and even then kick it sometimes.

I really can't believe how bad our attack is. The premiership has some fantastic attacking rugby and yet it's all one out runners or just kicking the ball.
Well as they say: Test rugby is a different beast to club rugby, and some have even blamed the Premiership for not really preparing the players to step up. (An accusation made for much longer against the Celtic League in its various guises too).

England's group is like a bunch of wild cards that's been piled together - see what happens. The level of rugby played in this group, is like a league below the rest
What's it like supporting a team that haven't yet realised there's trophies other than the Calcutta cup?

England continuously kicking it to Chile's 10 and 15 should at least be entertaining

It's a win and England don't have the players to play flair rugby all the time so there playing to there strengths.I thought the tactics were spot on for this team and this game.After the build up to the tournament I'd consider two wins from two games a good start.who knows what can happen in one off knock out games later in the tournament.be positive 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Well...I can see what they were trying to do....but implemented poorly, kicked WAY TOO much and Japan aren't as bad as people were suggesting.

Fitness told in the end..and we started to show that there actually is some attack there...just Need to see it more.

Billy V was poor...

On to Chile. Less kicking please...

Latest posts