• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][The Final] England vs. South Africa (02/11/2019)

just wandering where you are going to shove your English arrogance.
No mater how much money you put into it. how many mercenaríes you hire, how much pressure you put to WR. The outcome is the same: failure.
good by pirates, so long.
long live SA. I salute you and your great diverse country. hope this win puts away the cuota argument.
ps.
don't bother to answer, like or dislike this is my last post.I'm n leaving the forum. I'll be giving a great toast to all SA people.
so long.
I don't really enjoy the gloating but it is nice to see sporting successes that aren't based purely on available resources.

I'd like to thank the Republic of South Africa on behalf of all the home nations for taking that smarmy snide smile of Eddie Jones' face & saving us from the Hooray Henry brigade & their insufferable gloating.
Perhaps Gatland was right after all, England did play their final a week ago.

My sides are literally hurting from laughter!

I am just totally numb, yes I know our coach and captain come across as arrogant but please don't brand us all in the same way and understand if you were in this position I am sure you would feel very sore too

Sinks immediately taking his medal off... that man is hurting.

We all just collapsed with him when he had to go off, I don't blame him for taking the medal off at all because in his heart he probably feels like he doesn't deserve it. Chin up Kyle you will be back and stronger than ever for this horrendous experience

Eh I'd I've liked to have seen what would happened if England didn't have such a poor first half. Agreed once SA had the scoreboard pressure nobody could beat them today.

Think the moment we lost was when missed the hard kick to get within 3, England had a tiny bit if momentum at that stage and that was the end of our last stand really.

Oh god just thinking about this missed kick will give me a few serious sleepless nights this winter

As a Welshman I think perhaps you should thank New Zealand for having their bad game last week with your team. New Zealand playing at their best would probably have put 32 points or more past you.
Maybe Wales only losing by 3 point to South Africa puts your teams performance the coaches tactics into perspective.
Wales lost by 3 points and England lost to the same team by 20 points.

Why couldn't you guys have just held out for those final five minutes last week and then beat them in extra time.

Last edited by a moderator:
our coach and captain come across as arrogant
How?
EJ loves playing up to the press when they feed him **** questions, sure, but his real interviews have been good and OF has been nothing but classy

Also stop double/triple/quadruple posting. The edit button is there for a reason

Many of the English fans had the same problem. Where they thought the game was won before it happened. I do think they have been gracious in defeat and Eddie was great post game. England played brilliant Rugby all tournament, but today was a game too far against what can now undoubtedly be called the most physical team in the world, with the best defense in the world. I hope both teams build on this, because if they do, we will see a similar final in 4 years.

Siya was born for this moment, with where he came from, and this England team will have their chance. Thank you all for a great bit of bants and a great place to look forward to these games.

Easy to say this England team will have their chance in 4 years time when your team has just won the world cup isn't it. Right now I don't expect to see us in the final that soon because all the other sides will have improved by the next one too.

I'd go a long with that. SA played a blinder today and saved their biggest performance for the final but were also beaten and could have been pipped in the semi. I'm interested to see how New Zealand go. They've always had a conveyor belt of talent.

Maybe should have been pipped but Wales just couldn't find a way to get a penalty out of them when the scores got level

Last edited by a moderator:
more of a 'bit of bantz' than a statement of fact... but yeah I wish we'd won't too.

Squidge was also saying that on Twitter. Reckons it was a better chance at winning than 11. Losing Anscombe was utterly massive and I also wonder what could have been had he been fit. Anyhow I thought we were very bad in that game, and still managing to win is testament to a team with oodles of BMT.

Anyway I need to watch the hilights of the final again as it's been at least 15 minutes since the last watch.

That tackle on Slade by Marx before Kolbes try is a thing of utter beauty.

Squidge was also saying that on Twitter. Reckons it was a better chance at winning than 11. Losing Anscombe was utterly massive and I also wonder what could have been had he been fit. Anyhow I thought we were very bad in that game, and still managing to win is testament to a team with oodles of BMT.

Anyway I need to watch the hilights of the final again as it's been at least 15 minutes since the last watch.

That tackle on Slade by Marx before Kolbes try is a thing of utter beauty.

We had a couple of injuries that really weakened the Welsh side come that semi final against you guys. Anscombe was a blow pre tournament as was faletau. Navidi was a big loss as hes been outstanding back rower for me in Wales.However the major casualty was Liam Williams he really could of been that "difference maker" in that semi final and hes soo good under the high ball we really missed his attacking threat although halfpenny had a decent turn out to be fair.

The Springboks have scored TWO tries in Rugby World Cup Finals against England, to which England failed to reply.

In fact Matt, I think that South Africa scored seven tries against England in 2007 and 2019: without reply.

What is your point ?
What's your point? Apart from gloating that is.
just wandering where you are going to shove your English arrogance.
No mater how much money you put into it. how many mercenaríes you hire, how much pressure you put to WR. The outcome is the same: failure.
good by pirates, so long.
long live SA. I salute you and your great diverse country. hope this win puts away the cuota argument.
ps.
don't bother to answer, like or dislike this is my last post.I'm n leaving the forum. I'll be giving a great toast to all SA people.
so long.
Laters douchebag.

How?
EJ loves playing up to the press when they feed him **** questions, sure, but his real interviews have been good and OF has been nothing but classy

Also stop double/triple/quadruple posting. The edit button is there for a reason
In fairness, there's been some gremlins when it comes to posting today, please be patient with the Luddites amongst us. :rolleyes:

I mean the side literally didn't celebrate the ABs win, but by all means keep trying to belittle England.

South Africa won today and to attribute it to anything other than them being the better side out there does them a great disservice.

If Jones was canny he should of started Marler and shore up that England scrum maybe given England more parity, did he underrate the boks power up front?

If Jones was canny he should of started Marler and shore up that England scrum maybe given England more parity, did he underrate the boks power up front?
I think he probably did a little bit - everyone expected them to have the stronger scrum but not to that extent.
However Mako has always been EJs first choice loose head. As much as I've been banging the drum about how Marler should be our first choice LH, I would've been very surprised if it had actually happened.

Kruis coming on helped a lot as well - Lawes has never been much of a scrummager and Cole was getting battered. Kruis coming on helped shore up the TH side and then Marler coming on got us some ascendency on the LH.
For me both would have started but there's no point worrying about selections after the fact - EJ got it bang on for the ABs game so I was happy to put my trust in him for this one.

Think so.
I think he was bit caught up by the way England played against the ABs and tbf it be hard for any coach in the world to make any changes to a team that played that well. But sometimes you get guilty of not playing the team in front of you , Its obvious what SA bring to the party so maybe start your best scrummager to even things out, easy to say now in hindsight.

I got this one wrong @spartan32 , they couldn't deal with it in both the 1st and 2nd half

tenor.gif

I think he was bit caught up by the way England played against the ABs and tbf it be hard for any coach in the world to make any changes to a team that played that well. But sometimes you get guilty of not playing the team in front of you , Its obvious what SA bring to the party so maybe start your best scrummager to even things out, easy to say now in hindsight.
I agree 100%. Despite how good the ABs are, I felt much more comfortable in the lead up to that game as I think England match up well against them, didn't feel the same way against the Boks as we have struggled against their physicality and size, and so it was.

How?

England-beat-New-Zealand-from-moment-Owen-Farrell-smirked-during-Haka-in-Rugby-World-Cup-2131083.jpg

Latest posts