• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][The Final] England vs. South Africa (02/11/2019)

Ah well back to the Pro-14 now :(

Wrong emoji bud, did you see Leinster's kids last night? Woulda won by 30 today!
Sorry, I only converse with sides who have made a world cup final
Pas de veine mec, nous nous verrons dans quatre ans.
Thought it was strange seeing Felix Jones on the podium. Incredible to think he left Munster to win a World Cup in the South African staff, and gets a medal.
We'd be mental not to get him in the Irish set up. The exact experience we need.

Welp. My liver looks forward to recovery and my brain gets to look forward to completely crashing.

Interesting quirk of the draw, but England, SA and NZ all leave the World Cup with the same win/loss records.
How can that be when South Africa played one more game than England, and England played one more game than New Zealand? If you mean simply the number of losses, then wales and France also only had One loss. South Africa had the most wins, wales second equal with England.

edit, I forgot about the bronze game, but South Africa played one more game than England and New Zealand. So wales had an extra loss too, and England wales and New Zealand all equal in wins

Last edited:
I'd like to thank the Republic of South Africa on behalf of all the home nations for taking that smarmy snide smile of Eddie Jones' face & saving us from the Hooray Henry brigade & their insufferable gloating.
Perhaps Gatland was right after all, England did play their final a week ago.

My sides are literally hurting from laughter!
Why.. because your nation got as far as we did.....lol oh no you didn't...hhhmmmm

How can that be when South Africa played one more game than England, and England played one more game than New Zealand? If you mean simply the number of losses, then wales and France also only had One loss. South Africa had the most wins, wales second equal with England.
Errr.... Which other game did NZ miss out on?

Fury on social media now from all the anti English that the arrogant, spoiled players aren't wearing their medals....

Ah you're correct and I am incorrect. I forget the washed out games and had mentally counted them as wins.

Johannesburg (O.R. Tambo) International Airport is going to be chaos next week

Fury on social media now from all the anti English that the arrogant, spoiled players aren't wearing their medals....
Quite common by teams who lose finals. I'd rather they used the defeat as fuel than trying to pretend it was a victory especially they performed so badly in the first half.

Many of the English fans had the same problem. Where they thought the game was won before it happened. I do think they have been gracious in defeat and Eddie was great post game. England played brilliant Rugby all tournament, but today was a game too far against what can now undoubtedly be called the most physical team in the world, with the best defense in the world. I hope both teams build on this, because if they do, we will see a similar final in 4 years.

Siya was born for this moment, with where he came from, and this England team will have their chance. Thank you all for a great bit of bants and a great place to look forward to these games.

Many of the English fans had the same problem. Where they thought the game was won before it happened. I do think they have been gracious in defeat and Eddie was great post game. England played brilliant Rugby all tournament, but today was a game too far against what can now undoubtedly be called the most physical team in the world, with the best defense in the world. I hope both teams build on this, because if they do, we will see a similar final in 4 years.

Siya was born for this moment, with where he came from, and this England team will have their chance. Thank you all for a great bit of bants and a great place to look forward to these games.

it was more post match euphoria at completely outplaying the all blacks. There was an assumed assumption that what goes before will happen again or better. But that was clearly not the case and today was a different ball game. Last week it was about the breakdown, today it was first and foremost about set piece and then breakdown/ defence.

A Few other sides might have something to say about that... have to agree on the most physical side point. Nobody can match your forward pack.

Latest posts