• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][The Final] England vs. South Africa (02/11/2019)

I am scared that players like Curry and Underhill, the younger guys on that England squad will become even better

I always felt like England aren't a good chasing side.

they're good in front when the other side is chasing it, but not so good at chasing themselves. Makes me even more annoyed at the all black no show last week but ah well.

Great job bokke executing it beautifully.
Our game plan is clearly to start with our dynamic, attacking players to build a lead then bring on our solid guys to maintain it. The major issue with that is that if we don't build that lead, we have no attacking impetus to bring on and make a difference.

What is this interview from Flatman?
Usually he's pretty good but he's just trying to get EJ to say something controversial

Faltman "do you see this result as a success or a failure?"

What kind of a question is that.
Ultimately this is a successful campaign we had a chance to win the entire thing but most fans wouldn't have had us come 2nd.

The ITV coverage in the U.K. has been better than I feared. But for two of the presenters to even suggest blaming that performance on the bus driver being a bit late...

Sheesh.

Nervous moments there with Le Roux walking for 20ms with the trophy.

I thought he was very good today and he has carried that performance into the post award ceremony period. :D

Yeah but is he better on the wing than Watson, May, Nowell or Coka?
Top 3, which has a simple solution of switching Watson the FB and Daly to wing, May stays on t'other (until age catches up with him).

Either way, I hopemits not the last we see of Daly wearing the rose - just the last at FB.

I DO hope it's the last we see of Cole and Youngs, whilst Billy needs to go an earn his shirt on form rather than reputation.

Disagree that he's fine on the wing; his positioning there has always been poor.
Agreed on the reasoning, but not on the conclusion.

They will definitely get better, unfortunately they probably won't get any bigger, so South Africa will always pose a threat to them.
I don't think Underhill or Curry had bad games today nor Itoje. It was the other forwards that were more anonymous.

Latest posts