• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][The Final] England vs. South Africa (02/11/2019)

Got myself some Biltong ordered from a nearby butcher who was from S.A.
So will prob have that pre game and then a full english.
Watching at home so that I can post here without feeling obligated to talk to real people next to me.

Thank the lord it's winter bulk period.

I don't think anyone else can play there, so it's Marler covering, presumably Genge on the bench too, or else Cole plays 80.
I have been very grown up and given Jones full credit. So far.

But if we get bitten on the arse on Saturday by both the 2 TH and the 2 SH squad selections I will be demanding his head on a platter.

Much as I like Marler I don't want him or a knackered Cole up against Beast and Kitshoff.

I'm sure Williams would be in mid air if it was anything too serious for Sincs, but it would be mental to play Sincs, Faz, May or anyone who's less than 100% fit.

but it would be mental to play Sincs, Faz, May or anyone who's less than 100% fit.
Just on this note, its knock out rugby at the end of a tournament. I'd actually be surprised if any players were 100% fit and weren't carrying something. The real question is that something severely detrimental to their play. May & Farrell were clearly gone at the weekend and it was madness to keep Faz on IMO.

Agreed though like Spencer, Williams would already be flying out if Sinckler was 50/50.

In terms of what we expect from the opposition gameplans then McConnochie would make more sense - however I wouldn't expect either to be involved.

I'll be watching from behind the sofa, couple of sausage sandwiches a stack of american-style pancakes w/ maple syrup

I think we're on the same wave length here. The reality is the game is going to be close and there will be a lot of ball in the air. You take Mcconnochie every day of the week in that case! Joe is one for the future definitely but his defence is a concern and high ball questionable at best. IF may is struggling event slightly then I would hope Eddie makes this big call.

Hmmmmm. That Afrikaans has suddenly got popular again....Right Click->Translate to English

Not as humble as they first appear ;)

Gradually growing in confidence as the week goes on, Rassie is a very clever coach.
So's EJ ;)

Be careful though after reading the Afrikaan's thread some of countrymen are in danger of going "full Irish" about Rassie

Have the Boks announced their lineup yet?

Don't they normally put their team out a few days before they are required to?

Have the Boks announced their lineup yet?

Don't they normally put their team out a few days before they are required to?
Wales do unsure about the Boks.

Honestly from reading this thread the Boks are far less settled than England and either team is likely waiting to the last possible moment.

I have been very grown up and given Jones full credit. So far.

But if we get bitten on the arse on Saturday by both the 2 TH and the 2 SH squad selections I will be demanding his head on a platter.

Much as I like Marler I don't want him or a knackered Cole up against Beast and Kitshoff.

I'm sure Williams would be in mid air if it was anything too serious for Sincs, but it would be mental to play Sincs, Faz, May or anyone who's less than 100% fit.

I would not be so nervous - after all we have got a good squad of 31 and the depth chart is good. Farrell will be fine but I agree that Sincks would be a huge loss - Cole will hold the scrum for sure but he offers nothing in the loose.
Looks like May will be fit . If not Coka should get the nod . I think we are going to do it . Of the 3 SH games I think this will be the one that we will be able to handle the best . BWTFDIK ?

Just on this note, its knock out rugby at the end of a tournament. I'd actually be surprised if any players were 100% fit and weren't carrying something. The real question is that something severely detrimental to their play. May & Farrell were clearly gone at the weekend and it was madness to keep Faz on IMO.

Agreed though like Spencer, Williams would already be flying out if Sinckler was 50/50.
You articulate better than I. That's exactly what I meant!

Everyone's going to be tired and a bit bashed up. That extra rest day could be very important.

SA will probably be more rested than England. An extra rest day is not a lot compared to two weeks of lower intesity matches. England have played rugby where they throw everything at the opposition physically in both knockouts, whereas SA seem to have paced themselves more.

SA will probably be more rested than England. An extra rest day is not a lot compared to two weeks of lower intesity matches. England have played rugby where they throw everything at the opposition physically in both knockouts, whereas SA seem to have paced themselves more.
England have played one game less . Plus I am not sure that the QF games were more or less intensive either way. You are clutching at straws my good South African friend !!

I think we're on the same wave length here. The reality is the game is going to be close and there will be a lot of ball in the air. You take Mcconnochie every day of the week in that case! Joe is one for the future definitely but his defence is a concern and high ball questionable at best. IF may is struggling event slightly then I would hope Eddie makes this big call.
But equally, assuming we're planning to play a bit wider wouldn't Joe be more of an attacking threat?

Joe started 3 of the warm ups and had 30 mins at McWhatsit's expense in the last, yet in Japan he's only played one game, scoring twice.

Jones knew about his defence (work in progress, but have seen worse) before selecting the squad. So has something happened in Japan to make Jones go cold on him? Not on the pitch and off it we haven't heard anything. So I'm just wondering if Jones has been keeping his powder dry and may be about to pull a ginormous, Fijian based rabbit out of a very large hat.

Ironically, Invisible Joe has just been named on a 3 man shortlist for World Rugby's breakthrough player of the year.

google images result for 'ginormous, Fijian based rabbit'

hqdefault.jpg

Jones knew about his defence (work in progress, but have seen worse) before selecting the squad. So has something happened in Japan to make Jones go cold on him? Not on the pitch and off it we haven't heard anything.
It's actually very simple Watson/May have been fit except the last game and even Nowell was relatively okay.

Big Joe has just been surplus to requirements so far.

Latest posts