• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][The Final] England vs. South Africa (02/11/2019)

Does Joe have the defensive and aerial skills to be thrown into a final? Big game experience does count for a lot at this stage.
Probably not but Nowell and May are both injured we don't exactly have a 4th winger with big game experience. Daly would likely be 4th choice but hey ho no full back cover as cover is likely Watson.

I'm sure it will be fine though need to fill some column inches before tomorrow they'd be calling up players if there was genuine worry ala Heinz

Don't you have 2 tighthead props? Is there a plan to have uncontested scrums?
You really think we'd fake an injury to Sinckler (of all players) to go uncontested?
Really??

If it was Cole then I guess you could tinfoil-hat a theory, but Sinckler is on fire and one of our best forwards (which says a lot atm). They'll be doing absolutely everything they can to get him starting.

Probably not but Nowell and May are both injured we don't exactly have a 4th winger with big game experience. Daly would likely be 4th choice but hey ho no full back cover as cover is likely Watson.

I'm sure it will be fine though need to fill some column inches before tomorrow they'd be calling up players if there was genuine worry ala Heinz

Mcconnocchie........ He got thrown in against back to back European games vs Leinster after 3 games back in XVs last year against the tests of Sexton and Kearney. He passed with flying colours. If I was a betting man he would leapfrog Cokasinga if there are injuries to May and Nowell.

Mcconnocchie........ He got thrown in against back to back European games vs Leinster after 3 games back in XVs last year against the tests of Sexton and Kearney. He passed with flying colours. If I was a betting man he would leapfrog Cokasinga if there are injuries to May and Nowell.
We won't playing a guy with 2 caps unless we have to....

His second cap has completely passed me by. I'd roll with Cokanasiga but wouldn't be too confident about it. He's not exactly a treasure trove of experience himself.

You really think we'd fake an injury to Sinckler (of all players) to go uncontested?
Really??

If it was Cole then I guess you could tinfoil-hat a theory, but Sinckler is on fire and one of our best forwards (which says a lot atm). They'll be doing absolutely everything they can to get him starting.

No I'm not questioning the injury or the faking thereof. I'm asking if there is enough tightheads in the squad to cover should he not be available, and if not, will there be uncontested scrums - a la Italy

His second cap has completely passed me by. I'd roll with Cokanasiga but wouldn't be too confident about it. He's not exactly a treasure trove of experience himself.
I know, if neither were trusted for the bench last week they ain't going to be trusted this week. If EJ's hand is forced they'll play and it'll be Joe then Mcconnocchie but I'll shocked if either are on the bench tomorrow.

Depends - if your concern is about his big game mentality - then is this actually any bigger than an olympic final?
Given that the alternative is a guy with 9 caps and no big game experience.

If it came to that though, I'd still expect Slade and JJ to both be on the bench

Depends - if your concern is about his big game mentality - then is this actually any bigger than an olympic final?
Compared to 7's? Yes. (and we lost that match)

Almost like asking a Tennis player whats bigger an Olympic Final or a Grand Slam one. Or a Football player....

Joe's played tests against Wales (x3), Ireland & Australia

McConnochie Italy & USA

He isn't playing.

So what are people planning for the final?

Big breakfast?
Watching in bed?
Going to the pub?

etc etc etc
Big Breakfast just ordered it!

Just hope its nowhere near as tense as the CWC Final

Big Breakfast just ordered it!

Just hope its nowhere near as tense as the CWC Final

actually what happens if it goes to xtra time and it is all square ? Do we have an NFL first who scores tie breaker ?

In terms of what we expect from the opposition gameplans then McConnochie would make more sense - however I wouldn't expect either to be involved.

I'll be watching from behind the sofa, couple of sausage sandwiches a stack of american-style pancakes w/ maple syrup

So what are people planning for the final?

Big breakfast?
Watching in bed?
Going to the pub?

etc etc etc

I'm torn between two choices...

1. Order in breakfast and watch at home so I can go beserk and amuse the family (missus and kids will watch, but not massive Rugby fans). Probably won't have a drink till later when I celebrate.

2. Go to the local brewery, watch on big screen. Pick up breakfast on the way in. Get drunk during game, hopefully win, smashed by lunchtime. Write off the rest of the Afternoon.

As much fun as the second one sounds, I think I'll do the other

Latest posts