• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 3] Wales vs. France (20/10/2019)

what an awful game
France seemed to be dominating
an insane red card brain explosion turns the game on its head and Wales should canter home.
The Red card freaks the french out and they just totally go into their shell and decide to just stop playing and kick everything away...
insane pointless kicking all over the place from both sides no one wants the ball...
despite the man advantage and the french playing like crap Wales cant string together an attack to save themselves and look like they are going to lose it till they eventually get a try almost by accident

all I get from watching that game is.... I really don't want Gatland coaching the All Blacks at all now. No real plan for taking advantage of the numbers, no recognition of space it was mostly just Liam Williams trying to do it on his own with no support runners. And that woeful kicking game?
if by some miracle Japan win later on I'd give them a good chance to beat Wales. I wouldn't give Wales much chance at all of troubling the boks.

It was a 6 Nations game transposed to Oita, Japan. Yeah, not pretty, but that was a Northern hemisphere game and with 5 tries scored. The only decent ones scored by France.

I personally think it went forward. However my issue is with what Peyper said. He said "it goes behind him, so it's fine" yet Williams was facing the wrong way, so in that case you're saying it went forward. It really felt at the end that he wanted to give Wales the try.
Well, perhaps he meant behind him, relative to his position on the field, rather than the way he was facing. In fact, that is clearly what he meant to me. Still looked slightly forwRd, all the same. It's over now....

It was a 6 Nations game transposed to Oita, Japan. Yeah, not pretty, but that was a Northern hemisphere game and with 5 tries scored. The only decent ones scored by France.
Completely right, and why I don't bother watching or missing 6n rubbish.......

I actually feel a bit sick aftert that game. For the development of the game, it is important that Wales as they currently are do not prevail.

We were so lucky today that France didn't get another point after the red card. I just didn't know where our points were coming from...and in the end it took another french error. Hadleigh Parkes not an international class centre. I know people like him but he's a 4/10 player for me.

I don't know why they are calling the red the turning point...it really wasn't...France held on well after that.
If nothing else, then because of 2 5m scrums both with French put in.
One led to Wales getting the ball and clearing to halfway when the momentum was with France.
One led to Wales getting the ball and scoring the winning try with a decidedly "flat" rip.

I actually feel a bit sick aftert that game. For the development of the game, it is important that Wales as they currently are do not prevail.

Privac will save Wales rugby after Gatland's gone. But The BIL have still got to endure Gatland ball in 2021.:rolleyes:

Actually I was wondering about that...what injuries were there?

Navidi went off early and didn't look great and Moriarty looked like a liability coming on. (Anyone else could have scored the try)
Any word on how long Foxy will be out?
Biggar had cut on the back of his head. Any kind of force to receive that could be bad and there's the potential for delayed symptoms.

Think that was it though.

You say could have scored anyway, but Wales couldn't and that's what makes the try decision worse.
Not would, could. Big difference.

Wales had not been into the French red zone until that point [after the RC] so you can't say which way it would have gone with any certainty at all. Before the 3 was taken Wales were absolutely smashing France in the tight which is partly what incensed me about the decision to take the points, that 5m out means the possibility to score was very real. As was stuffing it up with another pass from North. To say one way or the other with certainty is clearly BS.

It's a shame game was decided in the manner it was.

Thing is if Wales scored a try they deserved it's fine, but they do seem to get lucky decisions in crunch times and they definitely don't deserve it here.
Rose tinted glasses , initially the ball went backwards rewatch it

Given they had the disadvantage of playing 4 games I can't really begrudge that.
Thought that earlier the teams that had 2 weeks off came out firing and pumped and all dominated in their games but this is France we are talking about even with that advantage and the self implode they couldn't quite get the job done and Wales were **** today

Very lucky Wales. That call from Peyper was huge. I hope to Christ that he doesn't get the Eng:NZ semi.
Have a word with yourself most calls went the French way today pal , the ball spinned backwards off Williams hands of was a fair rip

Latest posts