• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2023] Wales vs Fiji (10/09/2023)

Wow. What a match. Most entertaining by far. One knock-on can change a match and a tournament. Just goes to show focus until the final whistle is blown. Welsh defense did well. They really escaped out of jail at the end. Fiji are wonderful to watch. They are a credit to this great sport.
Fiji are wonderful to watch. They are a credit to this great sport.

Which is why the Tier 1 nations keep them out...they are terrified of them.

Just looked at next week's fixtures. The organisers really blew their load in week 1 didn't they?!

Australia v Fiji the only remotely close fixture and I'd have the Aussies 7-10 point favourites.

I noticed this too. England Japan isn't too bad to be fair, especially as we'll be playing with 13 men for 60 minutes.

And talking of blowing their load, it's not impossible we've used up our one "respectable performance" card and will run into trouble against Japan.

In the good old days Ireland Tonga would have been vaguely interesting - not sure which days exactly though arguably all of them given Irelands historic world cup record.

Add Williams to that list, although he is class he just has a streak of nob to him tbf if he was in a team I supported I'd probably be ok with it.
Williams is a very good player, but a snidey bar steward. My favourite moment concerning him was when, with Ireland putting Wales to the sword, Paddy Wallace went in for another try under the sticks, only for Williams to slide in late with a knee to Paddy's head. In the resulting tussle, the mic clearly picked up Dave Kearney, in his face, asking, "Liam, Liam, what's the score, Liam?"

Liam Williams epitomised the Welsh side in the final phases, he was literally on his knees behind the ruck. He eventually tried to get across to the touchline where Radrada knocked the ball on, but was never getting close had Radrada collected the ball.

Whatever anyone's opponions are of him, he always gives his absolute all, so for him to be on one knee like that shows how brutal that game must have been.

Liam Williams epitomised the Welsh side in the final phases, he was literally on his knees behind the ruck. He eventually tried to get across to the touchline where Radrada knocked the ball on, but was never getting close had Radrada collected the ball.

Whatever anyone's opponions are of him, he always gives his absolute all, so for him to be on one knee like that shows how brutal that game must have been.
Often on his knees at a ruck trying to scoop a ball out of a ruck. So yeah he epitomized the welsh side in the second half.

He's one welsh player who I wish was English. Cracking utility back

Yes, Steve Walsh. England were responsible for getting him fired and he was allowed to come back to international refereeing as a ref for another nation and back to refereeing England. Even if he tried to be unbiased, I don't think you can when there is that much bad blood.

That's superstar Steve Walsh to you.

Its not a good look for you being so obviously jealous of superstar's outrageously good looks. 🙃

Okay that's enough praising Welsh players by non Welsh posters - it's starting to feel weird.

Next we'll be hearing about how Biggar rescued a blind kitten and then helped an old lady cross the street.
Not quite true. When at Saints he helped a blind kitten across the road. Then rescued a old lady from up a tree. My mate Dave saw it on the Wellingborough Road in Northampton couple years back.

Not quite true. When at Saints he helped a blind kitten across the road. Then rescued a old lady from up a tree. My mate Dave saw it on the Wellingborough Road in Northampton couple years back.
You mean he was a Saint?

Dan was hyped for the match I get it. It will be his last WC . But I wasn't keen on him berating North if I'm honest I dont mind him berating junior players but not a senior player like North who for the most part is as senior as Dan is in that squad . Keep it for the dressing room to tell a senior

Dan was hyped for the match I get it. It will be his last WC . But I wasn't keen on him berating North if I'm honest I dont mind him berating junior players but not a senior player like North who for the most part is as senior as Dan is in that squad . Keep it for the dressing room to tell a senior

Said it during the game but North should have berated Biggar for that weak tackle for the Fiji try in the first half

Latest posts