• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC Semi Final: France - Wales (15-08-2011, 21:00)

Wales never deserved it, France are the best team in Europe and the only reason Wales got to the semis is by playing weak European teams.

Wait a minute, you could replace marc lievremont. You're crazy, naive and probably dont understand rugby. Why you're perfect!

No offence to French fans, but it will be tragedy for rugby, if THIS team will win the cup!

I wouldn't worry too much. New Zealand or Austraila will destroy this current French team, in my opinion at least. This French team offered nothing today, and were lucky to win against a team who played for over an hour with 14 men. I know where my money will be going for the final...

Looks like tomorrows game will be the world cup final. Because France have no hope against AUS or NZ, and they know it. They all looked terrified to make it through to the final

Red card was a shame, but justified. You can't drop a player on his neck.

Rolland's decision to give Halfpenny a shot at goal on 76 mins was shocking - clear penalty against Wales, not for them.

Wales management of the drop goal drives was clueless - that was enough to win them the game. Overall they left 20 points on the pitch. Brilliant spirit from them, but even with the red card that is one that got away. What a pity.

Harinord looked like he had a back spasm, must have been agony. Sad to see France playing 2007 tactics - kick it high and chase.

Just quoting this so that it's on here more and people are less likely to skim over it....

You are obviously thick and didn't see the tackle.

Well what an effort that was by Wales. So proud right now! We deserved to win it and France have done absolutely nothing to get to the Final of the world cup. Losing to Tonga, crap against England, and almost lost to 14 men. Such an injustice to see them in the final. Will be 100% cheering on NZ/Aus and i fully expect the winner of the semi to win now. Wales playing like this could have won it with 15 men, really think we could have.

Faletau was insanely good. But everyone was awesome.

France did not play any rugby at all actually. I don't remember Rougerie or Mermoz with ball in hands trying to smash Wales 10-12 channel as they did in game with England. Parra made a couple of breaks. Probably Lievremont decided to play conservative and negative game when France is in front and if Wales go ahead, France will turn higher gear and try to break 14 man Wales.

Looks like tomorrows game will be the world cup final. Because France have no hope against AUS or NZ, and they know it. They all looked terrified to make it through to the final

oh man, as a kiwi this comment is already giving me that scary feeling stop it :p

Don't you guys remember what happened the last two times everyone thought NZ would breeze past France in a world cup finals game? (assuming nz wins against oz of course)

What a game. Both teams deserved it. Why was the Welsh skipper sent off? Missed that part.

Soory mate havve to disagree at what point did france deserve it i will go thorough the game

first 13 or so mins- wales ahead

Next 40 or so mins - france the better team - rubbish dissision puts wales back but the still hold on france never looked like they were going to score because of brillient defence with one less man

till end of game - Wales better team the score a try! when was the last time somone scored a try when man down let alone look the better team

end of wales should have been in the final with the card appealed

Too their credit. France seem to have the ability to win close games, it probably comes from their experience. The defence in the last 2 minutes was nothing short of perfect. They all knew what the drill was, and kept pushing Wales backwards by the phase.

Hope they are having a good after party, see you guys next week ;)

I'm really ashamed to be French today. Our team is weak, we have nothing to do in final.

I really hope we won't win the final with such a weak team, this will be a very bad move for whole rugby.

Last edited:
yeah, obviously France didn't turn up today!

Wales missed 3 pens, 2 drops and a conversion!!!!

France were doing their best to lose this game. That should make it all the more worrying for whoever is playing them next.

come on man it was a semi final in the dying minutes of the game, they didn't commit numbers so they would have numbers on defence, any other team would and has done the same, at least admit that

Admit it? Hell no!!!!

Most other sides in the world commit a minimum of two. I think I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen one committed. This time ZERO committed about 30-35 times!

That's anti-rugby. If every side goes that way, the IRB will eventually rule it out. Admit that!

Congrats on the win and all that but please refrain from comparing this French team to England's 2003 World Cup winning team unless you are doing it to demonstrate the French teams inferiority
I didnt mean to offend you :p My basis of omparing it was purely based on this one game.... and now its not inferiority as I said in my post I think we deserved the win because of of defense and you inability to score at the end. anyway as I said my heart goes to you welsh fans.... But you got to aknowledge that england in 03 did play smart and ugly, the french did the szsame tonight....
Your team is a real great team and I cant wait to watch you next year in the 6th nation.

exstatic right now :) Im so hapy we went through this even though it wasnt pretty. My heart goes to all the welsh supporter and I think you should be proud of your team.
Amazing french defense although we never put a try I think we deserve the win. This french team is reminding me of england in 03 ....
Now I hope australia goies through tomorrow as having both french and australian passport I will be partying for the win a week early ahahahah. That said my prime team will always be the french and Ill support the wallabies unless they meet the blues.

Only the french can be happy today; the rest of the world has seen what happend. Rolland won the game for France; so France will be playing a final that don't deserve and that have been stolen from others. Rugby lost today
No glory at all in this victory.
Shame on Rolland.

The final is tomorrow.

Red card was a shame, but justified. You can't drop a player on his neck.

Rolland's decision to give Halfpenny a shot at goal on 76 mins was shocking - clear penalty against Wales, not for them.

Wales management of the drop goal drives was clueless - that was enough to win them the game. Overall they left 20 points on the pitch. Brilliant spirit from them, but even with the red card that is one that got away. What a pity.

Harinord looked like he had a back spasm, must have been agony. Sad to see France playing 2007 tactics - kick it high and chase.

exactly but it should have been a yellow not a red it was acenental he wasnt even looking

F*cking hate it when a bullshit call ruins a match, Wales were the better team and it's just ridiculous that we were forced into playing with 14 men for the majority of the match... I'll agree it was a yellow, but bullshit was it a red. I've seen far far worse dangerous play go completely unpunished (or picked up a measly 1 week ban after the match). There's the whole Umaga - O'Driscoll thing (probably not a good idea to get into that...) and one from a Tri-Nations a few years ago where a All Black 2nd row (possibly Thorn?) dumped John Smit on his head and gave him an injury. I mean for christ sake Schalk Burger stuck his fingers in someones eyes and only got a yellow! Noticed Clerc made a meal of it too... did again later on when someone clipped him after he kicked it, went down holding his face, and then got up and was fine when he saw the ref didnt buy it... Great player, but **** off to football if you're gonna pull that crap.

This french team is reminding me of england in 03 ....
I presume you mean 2007?
Because if you mean 03 then I'm offended...
France are playing poorly, England of 03 had some of the greatest players going (yes, even our backs which everyone ignores all the time), all playing at the top of their game