Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
6Nations.jpg

Stadio Olimpico, Rome (17/03/2012, 12:30)

Italy.png
Versus Magners.png
Scotland.png

Do Scottish fans ever get put out by the presumptuousness of this fixture being, on the whole, put on first as the warm-up to the day's rugby?

Two words: wooden spoon.
One question: who'll avoid it ?
Finally: I'm actually looking forward to this. Scotland aren't as bad as everybody's making them honestly. They just lack that little extra...they'll come up with a win here.

Do Scottish fans ever get put out by the presumptuousness of this fixture being, on the whole, put on first as the warm-up to the day's rugby?
Speaking just for myself, not really. It's the two weakest teams and probably the least exciting game. Fair is fair. I do get massively put out by the biased coverage and commentating team, but the BBC has always been incredibly bad for that...

Speaking just for myself, not really. It's the two weakest teams and probably the least exciting game. Fair is fair. I do get massively put out by the biased coverage and commentating team, but the BBC has always been incredibly bad for that...

Don't think that this game is the least exciting... the fact that this fixture has become the annual Wooden spoon decider (sorry Jocks & meatballs) so an ongoing rivalry has blossomed between the two nations that adds a little spice.

Italy's defence and fitness were brilliant against Wales but their lack of quality at halfbacks makes me feel that Scotland are the only possible winners here.

Last edited:
Don't think that this game is the least exciting... the fact that this fixture has become the annual Wooden spoon decider (sorry Jocks & meatballs) so an ongoing rivalry has blossomed between the two nations that adds a little spice.

Italy's defence and fitness were brilliant against Wales but their lack of quality at halfbacks makes me feel that Scotland are the only possible winners here.

In Rome?

If Scotland lose I think Robinson might go. The Ireland game was a step back, I expected more from them even if they didn't win.

This thread will have more posts on it from natives of the countries not involved.:huh:

Holy ****, an Italian !! It's a first for me on this forum...
good luck you guys !
Castrogiovanni's back, hopefully in good form...a prop like that sure helps the scrum.
It will be a pretty exciting match honestly.

Here's hoping for a raging Scotland and ongoing rubbish Italian kicking. And what bull steroids have they been feeding Castro to get his ribs knitted??? That's all we needed! Still, I agree - if Scotland go all out in attack and the Italians play up to a home crowd it should be an epic match. And on a related note - if we get the first wooden spoon since 07 and then lose Robinson after finally playing some good rugby I'm transferring allegiance to girly kick-ball.

I wish both teams the best of luck but...wow bugger me Italy really are a team in need of a fly half. How the hell has Burton continued to survive at 10 I have no idea.

Does Robinson ever get tired of Nick de Luca.....

Scotland: S Hogg (Glasgow Warriors); M Evans (Castres), N De Luca (Edinburgh), G Morrison (Glasgow Warriors), S Lamont (Scarlets); G Laidlaw (Edinburgh), M Blair (Edinburgh); A Jacobsen (Edinburgh), R Ford (capt, Edinburgh), G Cross (Edinburgh), R Gray (Glasgow Warriors), J Hamilton (Gloucester), J Barclay (Glasgow Warriors), R Rennie (Edinburgh), D Denton (Edinburgh).
Replacements: S Lawson (Gloucester), E Murray (Newcastle), A Kellock (Glasgow Warriors), R Vernon (Sale Sharks), C Cusiter (Glasgow Warriors), R Jackson (Glasgow Warriors), J Cuthbert (Bath).

Edit: And also....

Italy: A Masi (Aironi Rugby); G Venditti (Aironi Rugby), T Benvenuti (Benetton Treviso), G Canale (Clermont-Auvergne), Mirco Bergamasco, (Racing-Metro Paris); K Burton (Benetton Treviso), E Gori (Benetton Treviso); A Lo Cicero (Racing Metro-Paris), L Ghiraldini (Benetton Treviso), M Castrogiovanni (Leicester Tigers), Q Geldenhuys (Aironi Rugby), M Bortolami (Aironi Rugby), A Zanni (Benetton Treviso), R Barbieri (Benetton Treviso), S Parisse (Stade Francais).
Replacements: T D'Apice (Aironi Rugby), L Cittadini (Benetton Treviso), J Furno (Aironi Rugby), S Favaro (Aironi Rugby), M Vosawai (Benetton Treviso), T Botes (Benetton Treviso), G Toniolatti (Aironi Rugby), M Rizzo (Benetton Treviso), A Sgarbi (Benetton Treviso).

Think the replacements are wrong for this one.

Last edited:
Do you as a Welshman ever get bored that all you have in your life is rugby?:lol::lol::lol:

Scotland will be woodenspooners this year?

Latest posts