• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RBS 6 Nations - Italy vs Scotland - 17/03/2012, 12:30

look on the brightside people, at least we can say we won something this year where as england have won nothing

Scotland as a team need to play better than last weekend. Some great performances from Richie Gray and Ross Ford. They need to play far better defensive after they score and Blair needs to stay full healthy for the whole game. He keeps getting bumps and knocks every game that through off his game and force him to leave earlier.

look on the brightside people, at least we can say we won something this year where as england have won nothing

loool. Now that's the spirit !
Fits the nickname so well, this comment lol.

Good luck Scotland.

Scotland as a team need to play better than last weekend. Some great performances from Richie Gray and Ross Ford. They need to play far better defensive after they score and Blair needs to stay full healthy for the whole game. He keeps getting bumps and knocks every game that through off his game and force him to leave earlier.

When was the last time he played a full game? Thought the whole point of switching him out with kick-it-to-the-opposition-Cusiter around 55 minutes was that Blair's getting on a bit to put in 80 minutes at international level. Correct me if I'm wrong. Every day a school day.
Scotland are going to need a rock solid defence to stop Italy with the crowd behind them. If they play like they have recently, Ireland notwithstanding, they should be able to deny Italy possession and get some tries over the line.

After this match its going to take serious commitment to remain upright for the next 2. Can feel the hangover already!

I really think this is going to be an exciting game I thinkk Italy may well nick a point but I feel Scotland have played a lot better in some games than deserving of finishing last.

Do Scottish fans ever get put out by the presumptuousness of this fixture being, on the whole, put on first as the warm-up to the day's rugby?

We get put out by pretty much anything and everything, but this scheduling just strikes me as the result of a canny prediction. I.E. that we'd both be ultimately disappointing.

Scotland's ball-handling will be important. Every knock-on will give Italy a chance to attack our scrum and I expect a few against the head in this game. (Don't rule out a penalty scrum to Italy either.) On the other hand we can attack their lineout, something we were strangely poor at in Dublin.

Actually a Scot living in NZ... true the Kiwi's like their rugby that's for sure. At least as a Scot travelling the world there is some comfort in knowing that other people actually know where our wee bit hill and glen is... conversely you must find it hard constantly being asked if Wales is actually a country? :p

Scotland will not be able or good enough to raise their game in my opinion... will lose the usual arm wrestle. This match should have been sceduled for late Tuesday afternoon.

Joking apart I hope the Welsh win the GS well desreved for some great rugby these past two season.

Last edited:
My goodness, that first half was abysmal.
What a boring fakking game, dear LLLLLLLord !!
It's gonna come down to which team makes the least mistakes and converts the most penalties...
A try in the second half perhaps ??....

Poor Parisse...he must feel like a metal guitarist among a reggae band...

I think these law interpretations are actually making the game worse. Look at the games since the world cup. Most have been pretty damn awful.

That stupid kung fu kick has been the most exciting action of the first half.

Easily the worst game of the tournament, absolutely dire affair.

Alain Rolland had yet another shocker, his inconsistency is disgusting.

Latest posts