• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership 24/25 - Round 4

IMG_5663.jpeg

A lot of changes and even more injuries. Down to our third and forth choice scrum half. Worried about this one, we've not actually had a full team out yet this season. We were lucky last year with injuries but haven't got away with it this year.

I think even Saints-Tigers is pushing it, the distance between Franklin Gardens and Welford Rd is twice that of the Stoop and StoneX, and arguably the Sarries-Quins rivalry is something that only emerged in the past decade.

The pool of teams simply doesn't have the depth of football.

Reasonably strong team to go up against Quins.

What you mean pushing it?

I think even Saints-Tigers is pushing it, the distance between Franklin Gardens and Welford Rd is twice that of the Stoop and StoneX, and arguably the Sarries-Quins rivalry is something that only emerged in the past decade.

The pool of teams simply doesn't have the depth of football.

Reasonably strong team to go up against Quins.

Is not the distance of the stadiums it's the fans who literally live in the same towns as each other.

View attachment 21432

A lot of changes and even more injuries. Down to our third and forth choice scrum half. Worried about this one, we've not actually had a full team out yet this season. We were lucky last year with injuries but haven't got away with it this year.
If it makes you feel better we are basically at our 3rd 12 and 13.

It's not good how far Kelly has dropped down the 12 pecking order.

He's only playing 13 because Kata is banned and Perese is injured.
He started v Bath at home at 12 and Woodward started v falcons to give him game time.

I don't him playing 13 today has anything other than he's the most experienced 13 we have available

I think even Saints-Tigers is pushing it
Nah, Northampton vs Leicester is genuinely one of the only proper rivalaries in rugby (ironically the other big one being Leicester vs Bath)

Framing Pollard's return as a positive thing
does-he-know.png

IMG_4799.jpeg
Some surprises there. Didn't expect Murley back and didn't expect a 6:2 bench. We really owe Saracens but in the form they're in, I can't say I'm overly optimistic.

Really?
Genuinely surprised at that, Gloucester/Bath feels like a forced geographic rivalry - always thought Bristol/Bath was the proper one
Bristol v B*th is the proper one, see reaction from last weekend's game. That won't be repeated after this weekend's. However, there is a rivalry between Glaws and B*th, as there is between Glaws and Bristol.

What is interesting is that Exeter v Bristol rivalry has lost it's fierceness in the past few years. Was some genuine spice from supporters right through to off field staff over the past decade or so - I can't name any one particular reason as to exactly why the rivalry has softened. Probably a multitude of smaller factors. Now I've said that watch as punch ups erupt on the pitch whilst Pat and Rob wrestle in the boxes and more fans get criminal records.

I had reed in my fantasy side to replace Malins but as I had so much money I decided to treat myself with some expensive/marquee transfers.

#regret

I had reed in my fantasy side to replace Malins but as I had so much money I decided to treat myself with some expensive/marquee transfers.

#regret
Reed was my captain, I mean 39 points he's on isn't bad but gutted he couldn't play the 80! I've got my league place to maintain! ;)

Latest posts