• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Predictions based on AI's.

I've only done HQ once but that feels a pretty good description.

True - although I'd also add that "They" don't appreciate their own team and that "They" are often there more to be seen there than to actually watch a rugby match - and are often pretty sketchy on what the laws of rugby even are.

Of course, it's a massive generalisation, and applicable to many at the ground; possibly even a majority.

There are elements of that sure, like any sports team some of the supporters are pricks, but it's a massive generalisation.

Comments from Jim Telfer are bound to be well received here :D
"If you ever think about wanting separation from England just sit 10 minutes in Twickenham and listen to them.

They think they're superior and a lot of them will come from the south-east, bags of money and bags of this and bags of that. They don't appreciate the other team."

"In France, they boo the other team, in Argentina they boo the other team, in England, it's just disdain - "Why are we playing these plebs?"

I don't like Twickenham; a concrete jungle, nothing attractive about it at all."

"Eddie Jones doesn't want to beat teams, he wants to demolish them, which I find a bit disappointing.

The way he speaks, it's a bit like Donald Trump. He wants to be the big man, you know?

His goal is to win the World Cup in 2019 and so far it's gone well, but I think he could be a little more circumspect, show a bit more respect for the opposition.

He doesn't seem to show much respect and it could come back to bite him."

Oh yes folks it's around that time again. Let the bloodbath begin

Telfer is a complete bell end always has and always will be .....

Is there anything wrong with what he said? If English posters are backing up the Twickenham comments it must be fair, and considering that Jones' lack of respect, which he certainly has, could easily come back to bite him... There seems to be very little to get upset about there!

There are elements of that sure, like any sports team some of the supporters are pricks, but it's a massive generalisation.

Again, just my one experience, but I'd go with there's only elements that aren't that. Any sports teams has some pricks and some sports teams have mostly... pricks is far too strong a word, so we'll go with bad fans. Or something.

And yes, to base a description of the entire place based on just one's experience is a generalisation, but it seems like there's a fair few England fans who recognise it. And I'm guessing Telfer's been to Twickenham quite a bit.

True - although I'd also add that "They" don't appreciate their own team and that "They" are often there more to be seen there than to actually watch a rugby match - and are often pretty sketchy on what the laws of rugby even are.

Of course, it's a massive generalisation, and applicable to many at the ground; possibly even a majority.

Yeah. Or just there for an expensive and uncomfortable way to get a bit ******.

Is there anything wrong with what he said? If English posters are backing up the Twickenham comments it must be fair, and considering that Jones' lack of respect, which he certainly has, could easily come back to bite him... There seems to be very little to get upset about there!

As said what lack of respect for other teams?

"Smash the Italians", "Don't bet on Fiji", the Johnny Sexton debacle, I'm sure there's more. The guy is a disrespectful wind up merchant, great coach but a complete dick!

"Smash the Italians", "Don't bet on Fiji", the Johnny Sexton debacle, I'm sure there's more. The guy is a disrespectful wind up merchant, great coach but a complete dick!

None of which were unfair or disrepectful... unless you're going full-on Kiwi-in-a-Haka-thread preciousness anyway.

Not that I disagree about Eddie being a WUM - he's been that for a good 18 years now (probably longer, just that no-one knew about it then), it shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone.

Think Telfer is out of order. Not a big Jones fan, as he is a bit of a ******, but what decent team doesn't go out to smash other teams. No place for a mercy rule in pro sport. This will just boost the 'everyone hates us' 'us against the world' mentality for England to use to psych themselves up. I would love for other teams to be trying to rag on us in the media. I've always been a fan of the Declan Kidney "we're just honored to be playing such a great team", then beat the heads off them school of PR. Give them nothing to use of ammo. That sort of trash talk is just indicative of vulnerability before a game.

Think Telfer is out of order. Not a big Jones fan, as he is a bit of a ******, but what decent team doesn't go out to smash other teams. No place for a mercy rule in pro sport. This will just boost the 'everyone hates us' 'us against the world' mentality for England to use to psych themselves up. I would love for other teams to be trying to rag on us in the media. I've always been a fan of the Declan Kidney "we're just honored to be playing such a great team", then beat the heads off them school of PR. Give them nothing to use of ammo. That sort of trash talk is just indicative of vulnerability before a game.

The thing is that was exactly the attitude used under Lancaster and yet we still had exactly the same comment aimed at England as we had before. Also I find it a bit rich people having a go at us saying we want to and expect to beat weak opposition when we have been on the receiving end of actual disrespect more than any other nation. We've had the Scots every year whinging about us, the Welsh bringing up 30-3 and the world cup every time, the Aussies with that cringe worthy video and calling us cheats all the time, the ABs saying none of our achievements matter because we haven't faced them along with nonsense like the Scots not showing the English flag when we went to Murrayfield, various teams booing our anthem, the whole fiasco in Cardiff in 2015... This isn't even taking into account the reams of crap written about England in the media and online by supporters.

The thing is, I can sort of accept all that but I can't accept those same people to then turn around and say we are the disrespectful ones, that really is just taking the ****. Far more disrespect is aimed at England than we give out.

None of which were unfair or disrepectful... unless you're going full-on Kiwi-in-a-Haka-thread preciousness anyway.

Not that I disagree about Eddie being a WUM - he's been that for a good 18 years now (probably longer, just that no-one knew about it then), it shouldn't really come as a surprise to anyone.
What he said about Johnny Sexton's health and parents when all his knowledge was based on hearsay and has since been proven wrong considering the guy hasn't had a concussion in over a year now was hugely disrespectful. The other two are definitely disrespectful too, not to the point where he should be criticised like the Sexton comments but definitely to the point where anyone who isn't a fan of the team he's coaching will think he's a ****! Much like Cheika when he was winning and Jones will go much like losing Cheika if he starts to lose a lot of games.
No sentence that starts with ' I've always been a fan of' should continue to have Declan Kidney and PR in it.

The thing is that was exactly the attitude used under Lancaster and yet we still had exactly the same comment aimed at England as we had before. Also I find it a bit rich people having a go at us saying we want to and expect to beat weak opposition when we have been on the receiving end of actual disrespect more than any other nation. We've had the Scots every year whinging about us, the Welsh bringing up 30-3 and the world cup every time, the Aussies with that cringe worthy video and calling us cheats all the time, the ABs saying none of our achievements matter because we haven't faced them along with nonsense like the Scots not showing the English flag when we went to Murrayfield, various teams booing our anthem, the whole fiasco in Cardiff in 2015... This isn't even taking into account the reams of crap written about England in the media and online by supporters.

The thing is, I can sort of accept all that but I can't accept those same people to then turn around and say we are the disrespectful ones, that really is just taking the ****. Far more disrespect is aimed at England than we give out.

+1

This will just boost the 'everyone hates us' 'us against the world' mentality for England to use to psych themselves up. I would love for other teams to be trying to rag on us in the media. I've always been a fan of the Declan Kidney "we're just honored to be playing such a great team", then beat the heads off them school of PR. Give them nothing to use of ammo. That sort of trash talk is just indicative of vulnerability before a game.

This is certainly true. Every 6N, some Scot goes into the press and has a bit of a rant about England. Sometimes they've got a point, more often they don't, sometimes its a bit racist to be honest, but in any case they've pretty much written our team speech for us. You'd have thought they'd want to try another tactic at some point.

It also makes the complaints about a lack of respect a little ironic too in retrospect.

How am I slagging off England by saying an Australian is a disrespectful.

Never said you were,
I was replying to whoever it was I quoted, asking what EJ should have said.
Anything an England coach says that's positive will be spun as arrogance, so unless he comes out and slags off England he'll get criticism.

Yep, it's ridiculous and its petty to make these comments in the press, and it usually blows up in the face of people who say it. Good sides don't need to **** talk the opposition, they just beat them with class in the preperation and then with a stick on the pitch. I know people are quicker to jump on English players for any discrepancy, and people especially dislike this team because they have a bit of a mean streak, but most good teams do. I certainly like tough teams with tough players. With the exception Jones who I think is a dislike-able guy who's abrasiveness probably suits this side very well (not half as bad as Cheika bear in mind so I think he was justified in what he said on tour in Oz) and Hartley who I think needs to sort himself out a bit, I have a lot of time for England and their players, especially Nowell and Itoje who are among my favorite non Irish players.
Who cares about what the opposition say when you're winning. Everyone wants to take a pop at the winners because of an inferiority complex. When people were calling the Irish whiners I just popped a stalk, thought "petty *****" and moved on with it.

Latest posts