Pool B Runners up; Samoa

Pool C Winners; New Zealand
Pool C Runners up; Argentina

Pool D Winners; Ireland
Pool D Runners up; France

Quarter-Finals

1. Winner of Pool C [NZ] vs Runners up of Pool D [France] - NZ win by 13 under

2. Winners of Pool B [SA] vs Runners up of Pool A [Wales] - SA win by 8 under

3. Winners of Pool D [Ire] vs Runners up of Pool C [Argentina] - Ireland win by 13 under

4. Winners of Pool A [Eng] vs Runners up of Pool B [Samoa] - England win by 13 over

Semi-Finals

1. [NZ] vs 2. [SA] - NZ win by 8 under

3. [Ire] vs 4. [Eng] - England win by 8 under

Final

1. NZ vs 4. England

1. NZ win

What are your predictions?

Also, can someone explain to me why the 2 highest seeded teams in the tournament have the potential to meet in the SF?

It should be seed 1 vs seed 4 and seed 2 vs seed 3.

Last edited:
I must say Scotland vs Samoa is going to be a thriller of a game, actually so many good games in pool play (thanks to the pool of death A).

Pool A:
England and Australia to go through, Wales has not got a good record against Australia and they are allowed to pick the like's off Matt Giteau and Drew Mitchell etc. for the world cup.

Pool B:
South Africa and Scotland to go through. Fair enough were poor in the six nations, but if we win against the USA and Japan then we will get confidence up but Samoa are looking good tbf.

Pool C:
New Zealand and Argentina. No question really

Pool D:
Ireland and France, Italy to beat France if they somehow find form.

Quarter Finals
(1) England vs Scotland
(2) South Africa vs Australia
(3) Ireland vs Argentina
(4) New Zealand vs France

Semi Finals
(1) South Africa vs New Zealand
(2) England vs Ireland

3rd Round
South Africa vs England

Final
New Zealand vs Ireland

I really would like to see Scotland go through, my old man is from there. But Samoa with Rey Lee-Lo and Nanai Williams coming in gives them the edge.

I wouldn't write the Aussies off either. They could beat Wales, England will have too much for them, but the Welsh will have to be cautious, Australia have the potential to open them up, especially if someone like Tomane or Folau is in the mood.

Italy have a chance vs France as well. Both are very temperamental teams and you don't know who is going to show up on the day.

Last edited:
I really would like to see Scotland go through, my old man is from there. But Samoa with Rey Lee-Lo and Nanai Williams coming in gives them the edge.

I wouldn't write the Aussies off either. They could beat Wales, England will have too much for them, but the Welsh will have to be cautious, Australia have the potential to open them up, especially if someone like Tomane or Folau is in the mood.

Italy have a chance vs France as well. Both are very temperamental teams and you don't know who is going to show up on the day.
It does really depend on how both Scotland or Samoa play on the day, if we played like how we played against Italy this year we will lose. But an onform Scotland could be more dangerous as most people make out to be. The Welsh in my opinion didn't have the best Six nations, sure they played some good stuff but they are capable off beating England. The Aussies will have a squad which could defeat Wales if on form. Yeah if Italy turn up well then they can potentially get into the quarters but France onform will win.

Samoa's going to be explosive though, your defence is going to have to be on point or things will run away from Scotland.

Australia are going to surprise imo. They will account for Wales easily but England will be a challenge.

Brumbies and Tahs in super rugby finals. It could be an all Australian final many kiwi's arent even accounting for that being possible. But I think it is as both the Tahs and Brumbies arguably have better forward packs than both NZ teams.

Last edited:
Australia are going to surprise imo. They will account for Wales easily but England will be a challenge.

Brumbies and Tahs in super rugby finals. It could be an all Australian final many kiwi's arent even accounting for that being possible. But I think it is as both the Tahs and Brumbies arguably have better forward packs than both NZ teams.

It's in the back of my mind. Tahs are very hard in Sydney and the Hurricanes have lost the last 3 vs the Brumbies, at home this year as well. 21-29 I think it was.

It's in the back of my mind. Tahs are very hard in Sydney and the Hurricanes have lost the last 3 vs the Brumbies, at home this year as well. 21-29 I think it was.

We never played the Brumbies this season......the only teams we lost against were the Tahs and Saders.

- - - Updated - - -

Surprise maybe but I can't see it being an all Australian final. It's possible but you'd have to think it won't happen. Realistically the Tahs being Australia's better hope. They're expected to beat the Landers (whether they will or not, that's another debate) and it's no sure win either. I think the one thing holding the Brumbies back is the fact they'll be pretty tired coming back from SA. They did finally put up a performance they were capable of last weekend though which was nice to see. They have played some pretty poor games given that lineup this season. They'd need a lot to go their way to beat a replenished Canes side at home and need to put in a performance like last week in for the whole 80 minutes.

Pool A

1.Australia
2.England
3.Gales
4.Fiji
5.Uruguay

Pool B

1.South Africa
2.Scotland
3.Samoa
4.Japan
5.United States

Pool C

1.New Zealand
2.Argentina
3.Tonga
4.Georgia
5.Namibia

Pool D

1.Ireland
2.France
3.Italy
4.Romania
5.Canada

Pool A Winners; Australia
Pool A Runners up; England

Pool B Winners; South Africa
Pool B Runners up; Scotland

Pool D Winners; Ireland

Quarter-Finals

1. Winner of Pool C [NZ] vs Runners up of Pool D [France] - NZ win by 21

2. Winners of Pool B [SA] vs Runners up of Pool A [England] - England win by 3

3. Winners of Pool D [Ire] vs Runners up of Pool C [Argentina] - Argentina win by 1

4. Winners of Pool A [Australia] vs Runners up of Pool B [Scotland] - Australia win by 17

Semi-Finals

1. [NZ] vs 2. [England] - NZ win by 10

3. [Arg] vs 4. [AUS] - Australia win by 14

Final

1. NZ vs 4. Australia

4. AUS win

Last edited:
Looking forward to pool A ... I know everyone is talking about Australia, England, and Wales, but don't be surprised if Fiji give some of them a run for their money either.

If (and it might be a big if) they can gain some parity in the Forwards, the likes of Nemani Nadolo, will cause a few problems.

It is a shame that pool A is likely to be the only pool where the teams that progress to the QF aren't certained, although the second qualifier in pool B aren't certained either, and although France and Ireland are both likely to progress, and Ireland are the favorites to win pool D, France could do a France, and qualify first ... Mind you, that would prevent another All Blacks v France quarter final in Cardiff, which I'm sure will be memorable regardless of the result if it happens :)

POOL A

1.Wales
2.England
3.Australia
4.Fiji
5.Uruguay

POOL B

1.South Africa
2. Scotland
3.Samoa
4.Japan
5.United States

POOL C

1.New Zealand
2.Argentina
3.Georgia
4.Tonga
5.Namibia

POOL D

1.Ireland
2.France
3.Italy
4.Canada
5. Romania

Quarter-Finals

1. Winner of Pool C [NZ] vs Runners up of Pool D [France] - NZ win

2. Winners of Pool B [SA] vs Runners up of Pool A [England] - SA win

3. Winners of Pool D [Ire] vs Runners up of Pool C [Argentina] - Ireland win

4. Winners of Pool A [Wales] vs Runners up of Pool B [Scotland] - Wales win

Semi-Finals

1. [NZ] vs 2. [SA] - SA win (very close)

3. [Ire] vs 4. [Wales] - Wales win

Final

1. SA vs 4. Wales - SA win World Cup!

pool a

1.wales
2.england
3.australia
4.fiji
5.uruguay

pool b

1.south africa
2. Scotland
3.samoa
4.japan
5.united states

pool c

1.new zealand
2.argentina
3.georgia
4.tonga
5.namibia

pool d

1.ireland
2.france
3.italy
4.canada
5. Romania

quarter-finals

1. Winner of pool c [nz] vs runners up of pool d [france] - nz win

2. Winners of pool b [sa] vs runners up of pool a [england] - sa win

3. Winners of pool d [ire] vs runners up of pool c [argentina] - ireland win

4. Winners of pool a [wales] vs runners up of pool b [scotland] - wales win

semi-finals

1. [nz] vs 2. [sa] - sa win (very close)

3. [ire] vs 4. [wales] - wales win

final

1. Sa vs 4. Wales - sa win world cup!
i like this!

I'm sorry but I just can't see SA getting past England (at home remember) and NZ.....especially considering they're not exactly playing rugby at their prime atm.

I'm sorry but I just can't see SA getting past England (at home remember) and NZ.....especially considering they're not exactly playing rugby at their prime atm.

I just feel that they're going to be a different force come September. England may be too, but they've lost some key players due to ill discipline. And while England have an amazing attack, their defence is weaker than other teams.

SA are rubbish away from home lately.

Last edited:
England may be too, but they've lost some key players due to ill discipline. And while England have an amazing attack, their defence is weaker than other teams.
Tualangi....and Hartley? Hartley had a poor 6n and most want Tom Youngs to start anyway, Manu nobody has a clue if he would of been fit enough anyway or if this back line really had a place for him now Joseph had taken his spot.

I don't think either were key players as opposed to loosing say Laucnburry, Lawes, Cole, Parling, Billy Vunipola, Robshaw, Ford or Joseph loosing any of those could severely hamper our chances (Robshaw only because he's clearly the leader) anyone else is nothing to panic about.

Looking forward to pool A ... I know everyone is talking about Australia, England, and Wales, but don't be surprised if Fiji give some of them a run for their money either.

If (and it might be a big if) they can gain some parity in the Forwards, the likes of Nemani Nadolo, will cause a few problems.

On paper, I agree with you, but the schedule is pretty unkind to Fiji. I can't see them getting much out of England in the tournament opener (to be fair, I'd have said the same about Argentina in 2007) given England's strength in the forwards. They then have a short turnaround before their match against Australia which must be a big disadvantage. They have a nice long break before their match against Wales, but they're playing them on home turf too.

The best chance for a "tier 2" side must be Samoa IMO - their schedule is much kinder (a Sunday opener followed by three Saturdays) and they face Scotland last up in what is likely to be a winner takes all match for the second spot in the group in a stadium that will be unfamiliar to both teams.

Pool A

1.England
2.Wales
3.Australia
4.Fiji
5.Uruguay

Pool B

1.South Africa
2.Samoa
3.Scotland
4.Japan
5.United States

Pool C

1.New Zealand
2.Argentina
3.Tonga
4.Georgia
5.Namibia

Pool D

1.Ireland
2.France
3.Italy
4.Romania
5.Canada

Pool A Winners; England
Pool A Runners up; Wales

Pool B Winners; South Africa
Pool B Runners up; Samoa

Pool D Winners; Ireland

Quarter-Finals

1. Winner of Pool C [NZ] vs Runners up of Pool D [France] - NZ win by 13 under

2. Winners of Pool B [SA] vs Runners up of Pool A [Wales] - SA win by 8 under

3. Winners of Pool D [Ire] vs Runners up of Pool C [Argentina] - Ireland win by 13 under

4. Winners of Pool A [Eng] vs Runners up of Pool B [Samoa] - England win by 13 over

Semi-Finals

1. [NZ] vs 2. [SA] - NZ win by 8 under

3. [Ire] vs 4. [Eng] - England win by 8 under

Final

1. NZ vs 4. England

1. NZ win

What are your predictions?

Also, can someone explain to me why the 2 highest seeded teams in the tournament have the potential to meet in the SF?

It should be seed 1 vs seed 4 and seed 2 vs seed 3.

I think this first post will be the right prediction.

Thank you @Kiwi_ for making my contribution easy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts