• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Predictions for the knockout stages.

South Africa are in a superior position to many. They had to play knock out rugby from the 2nd game, so they have that advantage. Where as, the rest only switch to that mindset on monday.
Except Australia and Wales were in the group of death with England. Id say they have been switched on the whole time.

SA got beaten by Japan.

I can see it being an all Southern Hemisphere final.

I can't see Wales beating South Africa (sadly), Australia will beat Scotland and New Zealand and Argentina will beat either of Ireland and France.

In the Semi Finals I think South Africa will outmuscle New Zealand and Argentina will outmuscle Australia.

In the final I think South Africa will outplay Argentina.

I think the Welsh can do a job on the Boks in the quarters.Took 3-1 which I thought was not over generous by Ladbrokes.The tricky one in my book is who the All blacks play in QF2.
I've got a feeling the French will be too good for Ireland and will win by 15-20pts.But you never know with France so I'm leaving that one alone.

It will be a sick joke if they give any All Black games to Wayne Barnes. Given England isn't in it anymore he can go ref the other games and leave ours alone.

I know. It's maddening when a referee actually penalises you for breaking the laws, when the All Blacks know so much more about rugby than any ref.

Anyway I just wanted to wish the Taffs all the best for the rest of the competition (although my actual money is on Australia).

France will be in the final , I think they will beat Ireland today and then demolish Argentina

I was born from 1991, and haven't watch a single world cup in which ireland didn't have their "best team ever", that being 99, 03, 07 or 11, and they allways fail and then forget what they said (we are going to smash 'em... like you did in 2007) and then time goes and other four years pass and there we go again.
Vos, deja nomas, que algun chabon chamuye al cuete y sacudile, tu firulete.

I can see it being an all Southern Hemisphere final.

I can't see Wales beating South Africa (sadly), Australia will beat Scotland and New Zealand and Argentina will beat either of Ireland and France.

In the Semi Finals I think South Africa will outmuscle New Zealand and Argentina will outmuscle Australia.

In the final I think South Africa will outplay Argentina.

That has to be the funniest post for a long time because if you are serious..........??!!

Must admit to having no idea who will win Irl v Fr today!!! Hope it as as good as Aus game yesterday!

It will be a sick joke if they give any All Black games to Wayne Barnes. Given England isn't in it anymore he can go ref the other games and leave ours alone.

It will be even sicker if he is the ref for the quarter final between ABs and France in Cardiff lol.

When will the refs be announced for the quarters? Possibilities:

South Africa v Wales - One of George Clancy or John Lacey? One of the three french refs, Wayne Barnes, JP Doyle. Glen Jackson; Chris Pollock.
NZ v France - Wayne Barnes:), JP Doyle, Nigel Owens, One of the Irish refs - see above, Peyper, Joubert.
Argentina v Ireland - Nigel Owens, One of the French refs, Peyper, Joubert, Chris Pollock, Glen Jackson, Wayne Barnes.
Australia v Scotland - One of the French refs, Wayne Barnes, JP Doyle, one of the NZ refs, one of the SA refs, Nigel Owens.

Current best prices for quarters:
South Africa 4/11 Wales 58/19
NZ 2/9 France 19/4
Ireland 8/15 Argentina 37/19
Australia 1/8 Scotland 8/1

And for the whole thing:
NZ 5/4
Aus 13/5
SA 7/1
Ire 10/1
Arg 33/1
Wal 33/1
Fra 33/1
Sco 200/1

Predictions for the QFs:

_ Australia 90% Scotland 10%

_ New Zealand 80% France 20%

_ Southafrica 70% Wales 30%

_ Ireland 70% Argentina 30%

Lol, this is the tournament of surprises. Anything can happen Manti..You may even get your surprise

Latest posts