• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris Olympics 2024

Also worth mentioning - thank F*** BBC have ditched the horrendous virtual studio from Tokyo (and others)

Okay the cauldron wins hands down best one to date.

Time for a French (Canadian).
I still think the most spectacular way of lighting the flame was at Barcelona followed by Sydney.

Beats south Korea roasting all the doves that chose to land in the cauldron after being released

I do like that they've been happy to bring in non-french artists as well.
I know some think it's "have you no singers in France" but I think its more inclusive, more welcoming
I don't like that they ignore very famous iconic French artists though. Didn't even expect that they mention my favourite French singer somehow (who's incredibly popular for many years and is really French female singer number one since 80s), but damn... lady gaga instead,wtf

I don't like that they ignore very famous iconic French artists though. Didn't even expect that they mention my favourite French singer somehow (who's incredibly popular for many years and is really French female singer number one since 80s), but damn... lady gaga instead,wtf

Definitely like her for her songs, nothing else at all...

Definitely like her for her songs, nothing else at all...
I was talking about Mylène Farmer, Alizée was just one of her "projects"
(You all definitely know some of her songs, but as though as she doesn't sing in French noone in Anglophone countries knows her name ). Anyway, in a Francophone world she's a true icon, although seems like she's ignored during all big events,this time again... :rolleyes:

I was talking about Mylène Farmer, Alizée was just one of her "projects"
(You all definitely know some of her songs, but as though as she doesn't sing in French noone in Anglophone countries knows her name ). Anyway, in a Francophone world she's a true icon, although seems like she's ignored during all big events,this time again... :rolleyes:
Yeah I wasn't making a serious comment about a missed out singer, just saw an opportunity to post some eye candy.

I still think the most spectacular way of lighting the flame was at Barcelona followed by Sydney.

IIRC Didn't the archer miss the cauldron in Barcelona and they had to ignite it manually?

I didn't watch much of last night, not really a ceremony person. I hope it was the French showing that they're better than us in many creative ways.

**** Dupont though.

I reckon Zidane should have headbutted Rafa in the chest as passed the torch over to him. 🤔

Hockey was a brilliant performance by GB, though Spain had obviously pissed off the ref.s, as far as I could see, 2 outright wrong decisions against them in the final minute .

Aussies divers? Wow! Heartwrenching
Bronze for GB?
Felt the Chinese were being scored on reputation rather than what was going on above the pool - penultimate round especially.

Last edited:
That's annoying.
Rugby due to start 4 minutes ago, I can't see it anywhere.
BBC1 seem to have opted to show the hockey, that BBC1 showed love.
Red button are interviewing the Badminton (fair enough, they were showitthw match) whilst the only addition I'm seeing on iPlayer is cycling time trials

That's annoying.
Rugby due to start 4 minutes ago, I can't see it anywhere.
BBC1 seem to have opted to show the hockey, that BBC1 showed love.
Red button are interviewing the Badminton (fair enough, they were showitthw match) whilst the only addition I'm seeing on iPlayer is cycling time trials
Yeah I am trying to find it too. Looks like the rugby isn't being shown live and only highlights from 3PM with the semifinals shown live.

Annoying as there is loads of placing matches on from 13.30

Yeah, the joys of Discovery+ outbidding everyone - apparently their bid was for whole Europe broadcasting rights so the BBC weren't even in the conversation
I think I saw that if you have TNT Sports you have access to Discovery+
I know I do but I have it through my phone contract so not sure about if you get it through a TV package

Cycling time trials could be fun in all this rain

Latest posts