• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Paris Olympics 2024

If you add events I fail to understand how that reduces medal count, unless other events have excluded
Each sport governing body is given X medals. Most have had to reduce events to add mixed.

got rid of all the good track cycling events . . . weightlifting has been cut in half.
I was talking about athletics not generalising over all sports or is that why the US has 50% (120) in the athletics thsn any other country

I really liked the mixed 4x400 tbh

Women's 100 was exciting - all the talk of Richardson for the past 3yrs and St Lucia won their first ever medal instead!

***muss thought this was a 500m

AR has to be wrong, said ***mus was an whole m/s slower than Madden but she was pulling away

Also just the thought of doing an eight minute max effort while half your breaths brought in water is enough to nope me out.

I really liked the mixed 4x400 tbh

Women's 100 was exciting - all the talk of Richardson for the past 3yrs and St Lucia won their first ever medal instead!
I did actually enjoy that race, but as a spectacle they should have half the competitors men v women, at the end you would have the same result but it would be more exciting watching the positiond chsnge

I did actually enjoy that race, but as a spectacle they should have half the competitors men v women, at the end you would have the same result but it would be more exciting watching the positiond chsnge
There's a tactical advantage to the order. Don't understand exactly why but Ireland had a lot of success at world's and Europeans for figuring it out early when the race was added.

There's a tactical advantage to the order. Don't understand exactly why but Ireland had a lot of success at world's and Europeans for figuring it out early when the race was added.
the men only have to do one hand half where as the women half to do two. So the change in pace for the women is less. I guess there could be some advantage to getting to the second changeover in first so stacking men probably made sense to a lot of teams at the time.

Just catching up.

Brilliant from Evenepoel. Landing both the road race and TT AT THE SME Olympics is unbelievable.

Third successive shot ***le for Ryan Crouser. One of the all time greats.

the men only have to do one hand half where as the women half to do two. So the change in pace for the women is less. I guess there could be some advantage to getting to the second changeover in first so stacking men probably made sense to a lot of teams at the time.
Your more on the inside in line up based on who was leading dunno if that's first lap for each lap.

The first change over is also lane based. So that must have something as well the first lap.

That's why they should mix it up, even random out of the hat draws for running order, make it a spectacle, the only problem area could be the handover with men jostling women out if the way

They're saying it's St Lucia's first ever Olympic medal of any colour
BBC interview

'It feels amazing to win gold'

Athletics - women's 100m final

Julien AlfredImage source,Getty Images
Julien Alfred spoke to BBC TV after winning gold for St Lucia in the women's 100m: "It feels amazing [to have won gold and a first Olympic medal for St Lucia]. I'm going through the motions right now. It hasn't sunk in as yet.

On producing a national record: "I had to go out there, trust myself, trust my coach and most importantly trust God."

On the celebrations in St Lucia: "I'm sure they are having a time. Playing music, celebrating, drinking beers."

Field hockey is brutal, so many players in those broken nose masks - someone on the India side just got a red card for hitting a GB player in the forehead with their stick

Must have been dreaming of hockey last night.
Woke up in a slight panic that my new stick wouldn't arrive in time for my next match.

I have entered played hockey for 25 years now!

Isn't it because there's zero reason for the stick to have been that high?
The stick can be that high just to run more comfortably. It didn't need to go back like that, that's the unnatural bit.
Like the commentators, I expected a yellow+review.
I'd then have expected the review to upgrade to red, depending on what the various camera angles showed.

Equally, I'm not convinced the Indian knew the Brit was there, which would suggest a lack of intent, but it still looked unnatural. Hence I'd personally have wanted more angles.

Latest posts