• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NSW Waratahs vs. British and Irish Lions (15/6/13)

So add North and BOD and it's the test team?

Shame Manu is injured, he could play a big role off the bench or starting against the Aussies.

Is he out of the tour?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...against-new-south-wales-waratahs-8656800.html

From what I've read, Manu is training again, and is just being rested. I very much hope this is the case. I'm pretty sure he'll start against the Brumbies.

Also, mixed messages about the waratahs - the link posted by squid above said that the ARU have reacted to criticism by releasing 4 wallabies back to their clubs (tahs and brumbies) So Rob Horne and Dave Dennis for the tahs

No, just hasn't had a chance to really cement a starting/bench spot as he hasn't played much.

Correct me if I'm wrong but SOB and bet Youngs have scored tries too haven't they ?

also on tackles Sam jones has made 23 tackles in 1 game presumably as they wouldn't have the England baa baas game on here . If so that's incredible

Yeah they have presume it's just finite space and they're lower down alphabetically.

From the stats there's a great battle going on between Heaslip and Faletau. Both have some healthy stats across the board, with Heaslip shading it. North's stats are pretty huge thus far.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...against-new-south-wales-waratahs-8656800.html

From what I've read, Manu is training again, and is just being rested. I very much hope this is the case. I'm pretty sure he'll start against the Brumbies.

Also, mixed messages about the waratahs - the link posted by squid above said that the ARU have reacted to criticism by releasing 4 wallabies back to their clubs (tahs and brumbies) So Rob Horne and Dave Dennis for the tahs
Maybe Sio will study the scrum, Kimlin and Dennis the lineout and Horne the backline move patterns? It's all part of a cunning plan, and maybe the "spying" Gatland was referring to.

North has been immense looking at those stats alone.

I think that they also support general consensus i many cases but for some number of starts have skewed them in their favor.

Hate to say it but Warburton will be stealing a spot next week. Tipuric and SOB have been alot better

Yeah, hopefully he has a stormer on Saturday though, we need our backrow to be firing on all cylinders.
Don't get me wrong I wish the guy all the best but just hate fact that 1 spot in most competitive area is already gone regardless of the form. Warburton is playing fine by the way not poor just my point being others are playing better

Don't get me wrong I wish the guy all the best but just hate fact that 1 spot in most competitive area is already gone regardless of the form. Warburton is playing fine by the way not poor just my point being others are playing better

I know, I feel exactly the same way and I'm hoping that if Warburton is ineffective again on Saturday Gatland will have the balls to not play him but Gatland is staying firmly within his comfort zone this tour which worries me.

The thing about Gatland is that in general he is not afraid of being controversial which leaving out his captain would be the hight of, I hope Warbs dose pick up with game time.

Gatland is a good coach but is stubborn and I think he won't change regardless so it will mean 2 of Tipuric Croft SOB and Lydiate won't be in 23

It's Sydney Uni vs The HSBC Lions!

1. Jeremy Tilse (Sydney University, vice captain)
2. John Ulugia (Eastern Suburbs)
3. Paddy Ryan (Sydney University)
4. Will Skelton (Sydney University)
5. Ollie Atkins (Sydney University)
6. Jed Holloway (Southern Districts)
7. Pat McCutcheon (Sydney University)
8. Dave Dennis (Sydney University, captain)
9. Brendan McKibbin (Eastern Suburbs)
10. Bernard Foley (Sydney University, vice captain)
11. Peter Betham (Sydney University)
12. Tom Carter (Sydney University)
13. Rob Horne (Southern Districts)
14. Cam Crawford (Northern Suburbs)
15. Drew Mitchell (Randwick)

Replacements
16. Luke Holmes (Warringah)
17. Richard Aho (Randwick)*
18. Sam Talakai (Sydney University)**
19. Lopeti Timani (Southern Districts)
20. AJ Gilbert (Northern Suburbs)*
21. Matt Lucas (Manly)