• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions: Return to Oz

Whats Feek got to do with the backrow selection? He's the scrum coach and our scrum has shown loads of improvement (case in point Healy). Gert Smal is the forwards coach. Our defense is pretty good and well can't really place a judgement on Murphy.

Soz, got them mixed up. I did consider putting Les Kiss in on defence, but considering he's Australian and what with where we're touring...
Feek could go, but all of the arguments you make for him could be made for Rowntree just as well. The fact that he's from the home nations pushes it in his favour.

Maybe a bit late in the thread but what about Haskell he looks to be doing ok at the Highlanders and has experience playing in Aus

making a change to my original team. would like to put scott lawson as replacment hooker as he is from my area and went to my school

making a change to my original team. would like to put scott lawson as replacment hooker as he is from my area and went to my school
Well if that's the criteria then Ashley Beck, Kristian Phillips and James Hook are shoe-ins for my XV!! ;)

There's one very good reason to play Ferris against Australia.
I can't imagine Will Genia remembers him too fondly... :)
stephenferris.jpg

Well if that's the criteria then Ashley Beck, Kristian Phillips and James Hook are shoe-ins for my XV!! ;)

If we're working on that system Tomas O'Leary and Donnocha O'Callaghan are going too...so lets rethink the selection policy.

possible lions team?
1.Gethin Jenkins
2.Rory Best
3.Adam Jones
4.Richie Gray
5.Paul O'Connell
6.Stephen Ferris
7.Sam Warburton (c)
8.Toby Faletau
9.Mike Philips
10.Johnny Sexton
11.George North
12.Jamie Roberts
13.Manu Tuilagi
14.Tommy Bowe
15.Rob Kearney

possible lions team?
1.Gethin Jenkins
2.Rory Best
3.Adam Jones
4.Richie Gray
5.Paul O'Connell
6.Stephen Ferris
7.Sam Warburton (c)
8.Toby Faletau
9.Mike Philips
10.Johnny Sexton
11.George North
12.Jamie Roberts
13.Manu Tuilagi
14.Tommy Bowe
15.Rob Kearney
This guy can stay :)

possible lions team?
1.Gethin Jenkins
2.Rory Best
3.Adam Jones
4.Richie Gray
5.Paul O'Connell
6.Stephen Ferris
7.Sam Warburton (c)
8.Toby Faletau
9.Mike Philips
10.Johnny Sexton
11.George North
12.Jamie Roberts
13.Manu Tuilagi
14.Tommy Bowe
15.Rob Kearney

Pretty much agree with that team. But i think Denton should be in at 8, Ross Ford at 2 and Courtney Lawes at 5.

1. corbisiero
2. ross ford
3. tony buckley
4. richie gray
5. devin toner
6. tom croft
7. dominic ryan
8. nick easter
9. isaac boss
10.charlie hodgson
11. strettle
12. scott williams
13. manu tuilagi
14. harry robinson
15. keith earls

My Lions XV.

Positions 1 - 15 (plus the bench) - Iain Balshaw.

...what? Why is everybody staring?

Here's an idea: Marc Lièvremont to coach the Lions.

Now, seriously, I'd like to throw some ideas in. You seem to be forgetting politics here. There are wey too few english players. Remember England have very good beckrowers, who have the problem of all being blindsides (Croft, Robshaw, Haskell, etc.). No one has mentioned their best backrower in the WC, James Haskell. He is, at least, a very good bench option and could even start a few tests at 6. Also, the new SH (forgot his name) is likely to tour and maybe play a bit, and we can't rule out Ben Youngs coming back to level (having beaten Australia twice as a starter has to count). Also, I don't know what you people are on not to start Ben Foden. I mean, it's a valid opinion to want Halfpenny or Kearney (they are both very good), but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Foden! He's the best counter attacker in the north-east european archipielago, and has still looked class while surrounded by en extremely average England side. So that's with England.

Imo, the only players who would be sure-ish to start on current form are Gray (being a scot helps), Warburton and North. Jamie Roberts and Adam Jones are not far from being automatic, but mainly due to lack of competition, so a lot can happen in a year.

Also, I'd like to trow in Jake White's name as coach, if he's not coaching England.

Here's an idea: Marc Lièvremont to coach the Lions.

No one has mentioned their best backrower in the WC, James Haskell.
Yeah he's doing well for the highlanders

Imo, the only players who would be sure-ish to start on current form are Gray (being a scot helps), Warburton and North. Jamie Roberts and Adam Jones are not far from being automatic, but mainly due to lack of competition, so a lot can happen in a year.

I think Roberts is just a big lump, who is quite predictable. The Lions need someone with a bit of guile. I'm not sure if BOD is still on fire, but him and Tuilagi?

Anyone know how to get tickets for the tour? I will be down Aus during it so would be good to watch a few games!

Latest posts