• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Lions: Return to Oz

Dean Richards would be a good choice but I don't know how the rfu, sru etc. would feel about it after the fake blood ban

how about o'sullivan :L

pokmon-i-will-cut-you.jpg

Dean Richards would be a good choice but I don't know how the rfu, sru etc. would feel about it after the fake blood ban

He's done his time. And as was said in and around the time, he wasn't the only one at it.

Think Geech said he's not interested in being HC for the Lions, but will be involved in some respect (can't remember what he's doing, some made up ***le no doubt).
However seeing the nosedive Bath took when he got involved I wouldn't really want him around!

Think Geech said he's not interested in being HC for the Lions, but will be involved in some respect (can't remember what he's doing, some made up ***le no doubt).
However seeing the nosedive Bath took when he got involved I wouldn't really want him around!

I don't really like him to be honest reading his autobiography turned me off him some of his comments ****** me off.

From what I could see all he did was pick a team and the rest was with the coaching staff he picked...really like Rob Howley actually, hope he goes again.

From what I could see all he did was pick a team and the rest was with the coaching staff he picked...really like Rob Howley actually, hope he goes again.

Yeah Howley was good, as was Rowntree. He got the call for the front row in the first test massively wrong though, obviously.

1. Jenkins
2.Best
3.Jones
4.Gray
5. O'Connell (bonus of lions tours is that you don't need to think of the immediate future ,so as long as they play well , age is no barrier)
6. Ferris
7. Warburton
8. Faletua (Denton is too inexperienced just as this moment if he can carry his form through to next year , a defo shoe-in)

9. Phillips
10. Sexton
11. North
12. Roberts
13. Tuilagi ( But wait for Drico, now like O'Connell wait to see him after the surgery and he might be back to his good old self)
14. Tommy Bowe
15. I haven't got a baldy Kearney looks the best atm but Foden a year ago was great. Not to mention Hogg is looking good too, as is Halfpenny. Rich pickings

16. Ford
17. Healy
18. Chateris if I see a return to form
19. Sean O'Brien
20. Reddan (looked to be a good impact sub for ireland could maybe do the same on another team)
21. Owen Farrel (although he has not been that amazing but very solid, Priestlands kicking has not been up to scratch for me)
22. Earls (Would be Halfpenny but if Farrell and sexton are on his kicking game is not as useful, under the high ball he lacks height. Also Earls I reckon is a better counter attacker and can cover 13 aswell. I know I'm gunna get **** for that desicion)

Run of the mill squad very similar to others, but it would be cool if we knew how many that would be going on the tour so we could choose the whole group.
hope its a close knit small group and not a 50-odd man squad

So what would everyone's management team be then? I'd be happy with:

Head Coach: Warren Gatland
Forwards Coach: Stuart Lancaster
Attacking Coach: Joe Schmidt
Scrummaging Coach: Graham Rowntree
Defence Coach: Shaun Edwards
Kicking Coach: Neil Jenkins

I'd take that. Oh, and that lad who does the kit stuff for us. He's a nice fella.

I'd take that. Oh, and that lad who does the kit stuff for us. He's a nice fella.

Paddy 'Rala' O'Reilly and Paul Stridgeon are musts.

Rala. I think Kiss is a really good defense coach as well but I'd be happy with Edwards.

I'd like some more Irish coaches maybe Mervyn Murphy for video analysis apparently he's brilliant at it.

Has Lancaster been a forwards coach before? I'd maybe go Forwards: Rowntree and Scrum: Feek (has done an excellent job with Leinster and Ireland.)

Also I'd say James Robson will be the tour doctor.

Stridgeon is still head of Strength and Conditioning with England.

Team Morale Officer: Andy Powell

Rala. I think Kiss is a really good defense coach as well but I'd be happy with Edwards.

I'd like some more Irish coaches maybe Mervyn Murphy for video analysis apparently he's brilliant at it.

Has Lancaster been a forwards coach before? I'd maybe go Forwards: Rowntree and Scrum: Feek (has done an excellent job.)

Bugger that. I hate our coaching panel. And people say Feek has done an excellent job, yet I'd put a lot of blame on him for the back row under performing.

Lancaster played all of his rugby in the back row and was head coach up at Leeds for an awful long time. England's forwards have looked very good this 6 nations. I'd be willing to bring him if he were willing,I think he'd be a very good influence around the camp.

Has to be Harry Redknapp, or given Spur's dip in form maybe José is worth a go?

Bugger that. I hate our coaching panel. And people say Feek has done an excellent job, yet I'd put a lot of blame on him for the back row under performing.

Lancaster played all of his rugby in the back row and was head coach up at Leeds for an awful long time. England's forwards have looked very good this 6 nations. I'd be willing to bring him if he were willing,I think he'd be a very good influence around the camp.

Whats Feek got to do with the backrow selection? He's the scrum coach and our scrum has shown loads of improvement (case in point Healy). Gert Smal is the forwards coach. Our defense is pretty good and well can't really place a judgement on Murphy.

Latest posts