Lions: Return to Oz

bushytop

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Pontypridd
Well aware that its a tad early but nothing generates debate between proud English, Scottish, Irish and Welsh men like Lions tours (& anyone of other nationalities are ofcourse welcome too).

Just thought that with the news of the WRU giving Gats their blessing to coach the tour should he be offered it, that I'd like to hear some other opinions on this. Also, too early or not this thread can continue through to the end of the 6N when official announcements will start to be made.

Yay, another one.

Let another thread of dickswinging commence! :D

I shall be first.

There will be

x Welsh players
y Irish players
z English players
1 token Scot.

Generally how I view these threads :p

Gats does seem th be the most likely option. i think wales would have to lose and lose badly for him not to get it. I disagree with you LordHope, i know on previous tours there have been limted scot's taken. but if you were to pick a 35 man lions suad right now i think it would be more even numbers than in previous years.

It's still 2012. I won't get involved in any Lions debates until January at the earliest

Yay, another one.

I shall be first.

There will be

x Welsh players
y Irish players
1 token Englander*.
1 token Scot.

*may actually be South African/Kiwi/Samoan

Fixed that for ya! :D

Yay, another one.

I shall be first.

There will be

x Welsh players*
y Irish players
1 token Englander**.
1 token Scot.

*the majority of whom may be English (+ a Tongan)
**may actually be South African/Kiwi/Samoan
Fixed that for ya! :D
Double fix

Too true.

At the moment it's looking like a Welsh team with subs from the other 3 nations. Possibly Ireland/Scotland squeezing in a couple of places in the tight 5 but the Welsh back row and back line are immense at the moment.

And lest we forget the Zimbabwean, Denton. We can all play this game!

i have a couple of friends that have played rugby in the same glasgow U18 side as johnny gray, they said he was almost as big as his brother. Also he is playing reguar 1 XV senior rugby for premier 2 side hamilton

i have a couple of friends that have played rugby in the same glasgow U18 side as johnny gray, they said he was almost as big as his brother. Also he is playing reguar 1 XV senior rugby for premier 2 side hamilton

Premier 2 to a well-stocked Lions squad in the space of little over a year? Colour me surprised if he so much as comes close to making the cut.

I'm well aware that there are generally a wild-card pick or two, but lets be realistic. More than enough 2nd-rowers who'd be far more deserving of a place on the plane, currently.

17 and playing for the Scotland u20s this year. His locking partner is the same age as well.

Unfortunately when it comes to the Scottish u20 tightfive in recent years, that doesn't say much, but apparently his coaches rate him higher than they did Richie at his age.

@ HowieL06

You don't think we are being serious, do you? :p

Premier 2 or not... I'd take anyone over Donacha O'Calahan who has been on two tours solely on the basis of his bezzy mate POC being a shoe in for the first XV (which he still is btw with Gray Sr.).

Any noms for a captain?

Premier 2 or not... I'd take anyone over Donacha O'Calahan who has been on two tours solely on the basis of his bezzy mate POC being a shoe in for the first XV (which he still is btw with Gray Sr.).

Any noms for a captain?

firstly you spelt O'Callaghan wrong, secondly saying he's not great now is one thing, but in the past he has been a valuable member to the Ireland and Munster side and deserved to make the squad

in the 2009 Lions Tour DVD, McGeechan says he was a great tourist for morale as well

17 and playing for the Scotland u20s this year. His locking partner is the same age as well.

Unfortunately when it comes to the Scottish u20 tightfive in recent years, that doesn't say much, but apparently his coaches rate him higher than they did Richie at his age.

@ HowieL06

You don't think we are being serious, do you? :p

if he gets offered a glasgow pro contract this year and plays the odd game and plays well, you never know he might be in next years 6 nations squad. Also remember how old george north was when he started playing for wales, oh and what happened to that other young wing tom prydie?

Latest posts