• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland vs England

I just had from a reliable source about who was aimed at but I think even players made it clear Log to that they had aimed at lads.
Also I think it had to compare lads on Saturday like any team on frontfoot will always look better. Like argument with Earls display. He had a stormer but didn't have any bombs or serious defending where Luke Fitz had it opposite way.

Having a whinge about the reffing of the scrum is something I do after almost every test match, because frankly I think iRB refs are pretty shite in that department.
Not true actually. When Ireland complained about the ref you said we were talking ****. You couldnt have looked at the video as it was pretty obvious but you happily dismissed our complaints with "I fail to accept that any front row containing Cian Healy is worthy of any penalties ever in the scrum". In the game against the French you were sure we were infringing and here you are again making the same complaint.

You dont seem to understand the scrum but you've been mouthing off about it for the past month. This is what happens when you get it so spectacularly wrong.

So, I repeat, stop being so ******* smug the minute your team has put in its only good performance in 2 years.
Quit your cryin and deal with it. :) Ive no chip, no problem with the England fans, I'm just discussing one of two of the technical aspects of the game with those that professed to having a clue. Soon enough you may even accept that Ireland scrum is a pretty solid unit, begin basing your arguements on that slightly updated view of the scrummaging world, and go back to complaining about the Aussies.

Like two posts above where MM said he has it from a reliable source
You see what you did wrong there yeah?

mate if you're going to look at any Ireland match since the days of Corrigan and Clohessy and tell me they've ever been a solid scrummaging unit then I'll put you in the same pigeon hole I put all the people who said that the Aussies were now solid scrummagers after they beat us in 2008. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.

And the reason I'm sure it's Ireland who are infringing is because I can use my eyes, and see that the little fat bloke standing up in the middle of the scrum is green; the little fat bloke with his face in the mud is green, and the little fat blokes who are looking down at the same patch of earth Heaslip's just been standing on are all green. And it happens against almost every team so it can't be a coincidence.

The day I'll admit Ireland are a 'solid scrummaging unit' is the day I see a game involving Ireland where I'm screaming at the ref to give them a penalty try/ bin a prop of the other team because there's so much Irish pressure on them there. As it is, it seems to always be the other way round. You have an easy comeback by calling me anti-Irish or whatever, but that changes nothing.

Why get bogged down in minutae of the game? Ireland were far superior and deservedly won. The fact is that Ireland's scrum has been **** for a long time and it will take more than a few solid performances for some to change their mind on it. I accept that. I'm happy with the direction it's going in though. Greg Feek has done an excellent job with Leinster's scrum and he now has the Ireland scrum showing signs of improvement. Long may that continue.

I dont think your anti-Irish and the reasons for why you are full of **** dont make any difference to me. The fact that your full of **** does.

Each and every arguement comes down to these guys are bigger, have bigger reputations or as a nation or regarded as powerful scrummagers. For you the scrum battle is decided on the teamsheets and its the refs fault if he doesnt comply with your simplistic view of it. You watch the game (though I'm not sure about that), look for the little fat bloke in green, try to see an infringment, pretend you see it and whinge about it. Kinda like Mr Poite.

Greg Feek has done an excellent job with Leinster's scrum and he now has the Ireland scrum showing signs of improvement. Long may that continue.
Bullshit bullshit bullshit. (according to some)

Last edited:
One thing I do find funny are all the armchair experts on offside, scrummaging, hands in the ruck etc. There are some incredible future referees wasting their potential by posting in internet forums rather than getting off their arses and solving the current refereeing crisis. I'm one of them.

One thing I do find funny are all the armchair experts on offside, scrummaging, hands in the ruck etc. There are some incredible future referees wasting their potential by posting in internet forums rather than getting off their arses and solving the current refereeing crisis. I'm one of them.

I would never become a Ref...as in the eyes of 30 players and thousands of fans you are immediately a ****** and out to screw them.

I have to say I've been tempted. Totally bottled it when it came to signing up for the introduction day for the obvious reasons.

Ha I'd love to be a ref at top level. All the places you get to tour etc but interesting you say that Snoop because IRFU are getting alot of new refs and hopefully 1 or 2 will be up there in future

Despite winning 4 games and getting 8 points, 2 more than any other team the shock news today is that contrary to earlier reports England didn't win the 6 Nations ***le on Saturday.

Media commentator Paddy Ruaridh Taffy Seamus McBigot explained the situation:

"Although technically by winning more matches than any other team England would normally be assumed to have won the 2011 6 Nations the fact is that in Celtic folklore Ireland have been declared champions. This is due to the fact that the boys from the emerald isle won the last match by gloriously beating the arrogant Sassenachs. Rule 26.3 in the Celtic book of prejudice states that any Celtic victory over the English in a final game counts double and if it prevents the English getting a Grand Slam is doubled again. This of course gives the glorious Irish 12 points and ensures the ***le stays out of the thieving English hands (and of course allows us to write folk songs which will be endlessly, and I mean endlessly, played over and over again and allow us to ignore the inconvenient truth that despite having the most talented bunch of players in the British Isles over the past 8 years Ireland have won only 1 championship in this time and failed yet again this season)".

This may seem like sour grapes but in the DT today Brendan Gallagher (I wonder what his ancestry is) gave as his answers to the following questions:

Team of the tournament; Ireland

Coach of the tournament: Declan Kidney

Highlight of the tournament: BODs record breaking 25th try on Saturday

I do not jest.

For what it's worth we were right royally stuffed on Saturday and proved that this England team is not yet a GS team but good grief what do we have to do to get any credit from people

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s99.htm?101,12312687,12312687

Closer to the mark then some would admit...

Reading some of the crap in the papers etc since Saturday, you'd be forgiven for thinking Ireland won the bloody tournament. Or for that matter, weren't utter shite until the final game!

Or for that matter, weren't utter shite until the final game!
ps3_hacked.jpg

Ruh Roh!

Don't let the Irish see you say that :p

Rule 1?

Since when have we been discussing hot girls? I've kinda zoned out...

Reading some of the crap in the papers etc since Saturday, you'd be forgiven for thinking Ireland won the bloody tournament. Or for that matter, weren't utter shite until the final game!

Thats sounds like what happens when another nation wins one game and the media suddenly think they can win the World Cup

(cough) England (Cough)

Latest posts