Youngs
Flood
Cueto
Hape
Tindall
Ashton
Foden

Hartley, Doran-Jones, Lawes, Wood, Care, Wilkinson, Banahan

Which I'd have no real problems with (apart from the centres but there's no chance of that changing, with the exception of HMS Banahan in for Tindall, if he's injured)

I wont be too surprised if Engand are shook up a bit this weekend.

Hartley failed to make [strike]a huge[/strike] any impact in open play, so the option to start with Thompson is tempting.
Cole was outshome (IMO) by Doran-Jones, so I half expect him to act as a replacement. A fresh Cole with 35 minutes to go will completely demoralise the weak Irish scrum anyway.
Deacon's been living on borrowed time anyway. So considering how arse he was against Scotland, Lawes must return to the XV.
Tom Crofts impact is notable. Plus the Irish hate him. (How dare he be better then Ferris). Tom Wood will likely make way, although I'd prefer 6. Croft, 7. Wood, 8. Haskell on recent form. If Tindall is out, Croft to be captain.
Youngs was panicking against Scotland, while Care gave slower but more reliable service. I'd stick with Youngs, but consider an early sub if necessary.
Same thing with Flood/Wilkinson.
Hape is arse but who the hell gets brought in?
HMS Banahan is likely to start if Tindall is still broke. Someone pointed out beautifully that Banahan is being groomed to be an English SBW - True, except while both are over-rated players, HMS isn't blessed with either the agility or hand-eye co-ordination of SBW. Roll on the era of 36 and Manu (after the world cup).
Back 3 - Not broke, don't fix it.

So, my team:
1. HipHopProp
2. Wally/Hartley
3. PDJ
4. Palmer
5. Long Arm
6. Croft (c)
7. Wood
8. Haskwit
9. Youngs/Care
10. Flood/Golden ********
11. Cueto
12. Miserable
13. HMS Banahan
14. Golden ******** (mk. 2)
15. [strike]Jason Robinson[/strike] Foden

16. Hartley/Wally
17. Cole
18. Shaw
19. Easter
20. Care
21. Golden ********/Flood
22. Errr... Barritt. Or Armitage. Or ideally, Manu Tuilagi.

Harsh to drop Easter and Armitage in will be shooting themselves in foot.
As for Ireland - I'd like to see McFadden for D'Arcy, Bowe to 15 with someone in for Fitzgearld, maybe try Cullen for DOC and if Reddan is concussed he is automatically out so Stringer starting with Boss benching which I think is Irelands best 2 9's.

If Tindall is out, and Banahan starts there's not really anyone else in the EPS (which is why it's sh!te) - it's a choice between Strettle and Armitage, and Strettle can't tackle so the massive douche that is Delon Armitage is most likely to get the nod

Not entirely true: Anyone can be draughted from the extended EPS squad. And anyone in turn can be draughted into the Extended squad - e.g. Ashtons début against France was last year when he wasn't an EPS player.

Not that its likely to happen mind, but you never know.

Suppose is Tindall's injured they'll probably call someone up to train, but with approximately 0% chance of appearing (though if Manu Tuilagi featured I might just explode with happiness)

Like your team Bulitt, butttttt wouldn't want to burden Croft too much with captaincy when he's just returning from injury and just wants to get playing again. He's still youngish and should be kept baggage-free.

I do think its possible we might see the odd change. But knowing MJ, Lawes won't be coming in except maybe for Shaw. MJ loves Deacon. I actually thought Banahan looked sharp, and wouldn't mind him coming in for Tindall, but if the latter is fit i'm pretty much sure MJ would stick with him.

Do people think Thompson will come in? I think Front row will stay the same. The only change that i'd say is likely is croft in at 6 with wood dropping to the bench. Makes sense because Wood is versatile and we could use all the experience we can get against Ireland which Croft will add too. I'll be sick in my mouth if Armitage is anywhere near the match-day 22.

On the Ireland front, Fitzgerald had a bad game against Wales but has otherwise been good and I'd keep him. Vaguely hoping Ferris is still out

What I've heard about his injury, Ferris will be lucky to make it back before the season is over. Or for that matter, play again.

Ferris is definitly out. Ulster game is his target and as Bullitt said he fighting to even make that. And I think Luke Fitz has done ok at 15 but hasn't in most games seemed comfortable coming for catches

I think the team should stay the same as yesterday, bar Croft starting and Wood and Lawes on the bench. I wish England would bring in some new centre's, but It's been discussed before countless times, and it's obviously not going to happen.

What are the chances of England trying out some new centres before the RWC?

Ireland to be really up for it after their controversial loss to Wales, England to choke and play like they did against Scotland.

Ireland by 3 points.

if england dont walk this i would be hugely suprised

ireland just havnt turned up this year combined with a few odd calls by kidney and i personally think we cant deny england

i think its the physicality of scotland that slowed down england something our forwards probaly wont replicate

but who knows c'mon the men in green!

Last edited:
Corbisiero
Hartley
Cole

Lawes
Palmer

Croft
Easter (c)
Haskell

Youngs
Flood

Cueto
Hape
Banahan
Ashton
Foden

Ireland will make one change. Tomas O'Leary will come in for Eoin Reddan. If we get a 3 point win, Kidney will think all is right with the world, persist with a tired team in need of fresh blood through the world cup, Ireland will struggle to get past Italy and be content with a glorious quarter final defeat.

New ideas from the coaching staff and new players are needed.

mike ruddock for the ireland job after the world cup anyone??

Last edited: