• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB rankings and RWC 2015 pool draws

rwc results, ooh a little tough for us especially wales if it in millenium stadium!!!

Don't forget Fiji people, in all likelihood hey will be with Australia, England and Wales. I may just take one bad day for one of those teams, and not only they may be out of the QF, but a fourth place finish will force them to play the RWC qualifiers...

In "pool D" I see big a oportunity for America 1 to seek for that 3rd place and clinch to directly to RWC 2019.

well millenium stadium is one of the stadiums used, so it is a great chance!!

Nah, I'd say host the match at Wembley.

Last edited:
In "pool D" I see big a oportunity for America 1 to seek for that 3rd place and clinch to directly to RWC 2019.

... provided they get their scrum up to scratch over the next 3 years.

Italy's scrum seems to be a separator between them and some of Tier 2 at the moment, they have dominated all of Japan, Canada, Tonga and USA in this aspect this past year or so despite not looking particularly superior elsewhere on the pitch.

I feared that. Don't think we could have got a harder group than that.

Pool A looks to be the 'Pool of Death' with Australia, England, and Wales with most likely Fiji who have the ability to upset on any day. Any pool that had Wales was to be PoD in my opinion. Pool B looks to be the weakest pool. South Africa clearly is the class, Samoa surely can beat Scotland if they turn up a full squad. The fight for that third spot can get interesting with Asia 1 possibly, and Americas 2 as well considering the USA and Canada look to be on the up. Pool C will also have an interesting battle for third between Tonga and Europe 1, depending on who comes out as Europe 1.
Looking down the road, New Zealand should have the easiest QF matchup in Ireland. Argentina v. France could be interesting. Could 2015 be the year Samoa turns the tables like Argentina did in 2007 and make a run to the SF?

Yeah with Wales in band 3 they were always going to ensure something of a PoD. Fact that it's England from band 2 makes it HUGE though. Fiji also a bit of a dark horse from band 4. Interesting pool. SA's draw is nice enough; we SHOULD go through but Samoa and Scotland will both be big enough tests and I've always wanted to see us against an ever improving Japan.

Whole day yesterday i was thinking pls don't get us with Tonga or Argentina and today i look and guess what we are with Tonga and Argentina -_- wow... I wanted Samoa and Italy :p

Whole day yesterday i was thinking pls don't get us with Tonga or Argentina and today i look and guess what we are with Tonga and Argentina -_- wow... I wanted Samoa and Italy :p

I don't know the Georgia is as automatic this time around. If they don't have a full strength squad in qualifications they could slip up once or twice. Spain is on the up and I would call them my darkhorse in Europe. Romania have a new coach and always seem to have a solid pack. Portugal came out of the tough South American tour with 2 wins. And Russia surely will be in the mix although their recent results aren't too encouraging.

The true fan side of me hopes that Madagascar can qualify as Africa 1. They look to be a fun side that loves to run with the ball and will have such enthusiastic crowd support. They will get obliterated by the All Blacks at the breakdown but I'd love to see one of those players have a shot 1 v 1 on the outside against an AB W or FB.

... provided they get their scrum up to scratch over the next 3 years.

Italy's scrum seems to be a separator between them and some of Tier 2 at the moment, they have dominated all of Japan, Canada, Tonga and USA in this aspect this past year or so despite not looking particularly superior elsewhere on the pitch.

well, i just want to upset some people... i mean i would like to see Georgia taking that 3rd spot in group C and Italy going down to 4rd place in group D.

should be a walk in the park for us...I'm saying this based on history.
Ireland I love you, but I must be realistic here: we've always smashed IRE in the RWC...but hey, Ireland did upset Australia last time out didn't they...and nothing's eternal.
Italy, seeing how things are panning out these days errr...not a chance.
I really don't see us losing a match...to be fair.

And yeah it's funny, so we've got a Pool of death in this tournament: the top3 teams there could have easily been no.1 with a tad bit more luck.

Man, that's a tough group. Despite Aus being a bit of a bogey team of late, they are probably the best band 1 team to get, more beatable to Wales than SA and NZ. England was the last team I wanted from the 2nd band though. Still we've proven that we can beat them on a regular basis both home and away. Unless Fiji seriously improve over the next three years, I'm not worried about them atm.

Any two of three could easily get through and I wouldn't be surprised if England beat Aus, Aus beat Wales and Wales beat England. Could come down to the amount of points scored against the other two in the group.

Seriously interesting.

Man, that's a tough group. Despite Aus being a bit of a bogey team of late, they are probably the best band 1 team to get, more beatable to Wales than SA and NZ. England was the last team I wanted from the 2nd band though. Still we've proven that we can beat them on a regular basis both home and away. Unless Fiji seriously improve over the next three years, I'm not worried about them atm.

Any two of three could easily get through and I wouldn't be surprised if England beat Aus, Aus beat Wales and Wales beat England. Could come down to the amount of points scored against the other two in the group.

Seriously interesting.

You need to remember that Fiji may not beat Wales, but if they are known to be unpredictable and with a few players back they can give teams a hard physical encounter, which could be critical considering all teams will get shorter turnarounds this time so that match could be 3 days before Australia for example. Everybody knows playing pumped up Pacific Islanders is never easy, and that 2010 performance is still in the memory, which is why a less physical side like Canada (if Americas 1) or Spain (if Europe 2) would have been preferable from band 4.

should be a walk in the park for us...I'm saying this based on history.
Ireland I love you, but I must be realistic here: we've always smashed IRE in the RWC...but hey, Ireland did upset Australia last time out didn't they...and nothing's eternal.
Italy, seeing how things are panning out these days errr...not a chance.
I really don't see us losing a match...to be fair.

And yeah it's funny, so we've got a Pool of death in this tournament: the top3 teams there could have easily been no.1 with a tad bit more luck.

What an arrogant post, especially considering France lost to Tonga last time out and needed Canada to do them a favour to stop Tonga going through.

Ireland a walk in a park for France? You keep thinking that.

Latest posts