English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Sale
Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 08.27.23.png

Can't wait for this one. Saints will want to improve big time from last week and they will but I think our tight five will make a big difference in the game and we'll put a bit of a cushion on in the third quarter.

Can't wait for this one. Saints will want to improve big time from last week and they will but I think our tight five will make a big difference in the game and we'll put a bit of a cushion on in the third quarter.
Lawes and Ludlam going big guns in one last hurrah. Saints stacked with backs who know how to beat Ireland. A glorious win for the Black, Green and Gold.

That's my dream. In reality a close fifty / sixty with Leinster running away with it in the last twenty as you say.

@Leonormous Boozer what selections do you make in backs for Saturday.

You had me on Osbourne hype train but more curious at how easy they seem to look at disregarding him.

Rumoured backs are:
15 Keenan
14 Larmour
13 Ringrose
12 Henshaw
11 Lowe
10 Byrne R
9 JGP

21 Murphy/McGrath
22 Frawley
23 Osbourne

Wouldn't have dropped Osbourne myself and mumbling Frawley under pressure from Harry.

That's probably the most likely scenario. However, I didn't give us much of a chance against Bordeaux and ended up pleasantly surprised.

Truthfully, I have 0 expectations of a win. I'm just hoping we can keep it respectable and avoid injuries for the Premiership run-in.

Ringrose is club captain, hardly a surprise if he is brought back in. Osbornes time will come.

@Leonormous Boozer what selections do you make in backs for Saturday.

You had me on Osbourne hype train but more curious at how easy they seem to look at disregarding him.

Rumoured backs are:
15 Keenan
14 Larmour
13 Ringrose
12 Henshaw
11 Lowe
10 Byrne R
9 JGP

21 Murphy/McGrath
22 Frawley
23 Osbourne

Wouldn't have dropped Osbourne myself and mumbling Frawley under pressure from Harry.
I probably go with that except HB in for Frawley.

I've always said this season if you have Ringrose you pick Ringrose, I think Twickenham this year proved it. Osborne is a top 4/5 centre in the country (and second best under 30) and has started at a later stage in the Heineken cup than anyone outside that list.

At 22 his time is coming in fast and the obvious next step is Ireland squads and game time soon after.

Henshaw and Ringrose defensively should be able to read the Saints attack pretty well. Osborne IMO could potentially get caught out a little more.
Never underestimate the value of experience in a situation like this, especially on a team that thrives of the tiniest of hesitations.

Also do I put the Leicester Tigers v Black Lions team info in here?

I probably go with that except HB in for Frawley.

I've always said this season if you have Ringrose you pick Ringrose, I think Twickenham this year proved it. Osborne is a top 4/5 centre in the country (and second best under 30) and has started at a later stage in the Heineken cup than anyone outside that list.

At 22 his time is coming in fast and the obvious next step is Ireland squads and game time soon after.
Again I not arguing either way as he is young and not under pressure.
I do think he is the most rounded player of all the centres Leinster have available.

On HB vs Frawley. With Prendergast coming through and likes O'Brien x2, Jordie B and few other younger guys coming in to contenton you really do feel there time may be up.

Again I not arguing either way as he is young and not under pressure.
I do think he is the most rounded player of all the centres Leinster have available.

On HB vs Frawley. With Prendergast coming through and likes O'Brien x2, Jordie B and few other younger guys coming in to contenton you really do feel there time may be up.
Something has to budge (reckon you can take Jordie B out of the equation though, he'll interfere for a handful of games and possibly on the right wing).

Don't know if any of them have reason to want out after this season. HB and Frawley earned Ireland caps and RB reestablished himself as a starter. They'll all back themselves to break through rather than look to Munster or Ulster as a potentially easier route. If that's the mentality they have, they might as well bypass Munster or Ulster to the pro D2 or top 14 bench.

Something has to budge (reckon you can take Jordie B out of the equation though, he'll interfere for a handful of games and possibly on the right wing).

Don't know if any of them have reason to want out after this season. HB and Frawley earned Ireland caps and RB reestablished himself as a starter. They'll all back themselves to break through rather than look to Munster or Ulster as a potentially easier route. If that's the mentality they have, they might as well bypass Munster or Ulster to the pro D2 or top 14 bench.
Maybe and not a case of pushing them to Munster or Ulster as that should only happen if they get in to a starting 15. And being honest like neither would get in to Munster 15. But meant likes of Russell doing well. But I see Leinster have been stopped from signing Tupou and any NIQ THP so Cian Healy is the target next year as a THP.

Anyways back on game Saints seem to be very tuned in and Lawes mentioned in some media column that they are very aware of the task but mentioned Leinster also have huge unfamiliarity with the venue as a rugby stadium and that may play in to their hands.

Having seen the pitch pictures it will be hard for kickers as pitch is miniature in stature in the big GAA dimension field. This can play with kickers etc especially judging deadball areas

Maybe and not a case of pushing them to Munster or Ulster as that should only happen if they get in to a starting 15. And being honest like neither would get in to Munster 15. But meant likes of Russell doing well. But I see Leinster have been stopped from signing Tupou and any NIQ THP so Cian Healy is the target next year as a THP.

Anyways back on game Saints seem to be very tuned in and Lawes mentioned in some media column that they are very aware of the task but mentioned Leinster also have huge unfamiliarity with the venue as a rugby stadium and that may play in to their hands.

Having seen the pitch pictures it will be hard for kickers as pitch is miniature in stature in the big GAA dimension field. This can play with kickers etc especially judging deadball areas

Yep, they're talking a lot.

Well done to the two English teams making the semi finals, but this is where their run ends.

Out of both, I actually think Northampton have the best chance. Leinster at home should still be too much though.

And then Stade Toulousain beat Leinster in the final.

Leinster by 20. Harlequins go into break up by 10 but lose by 15.
Henshaw and Ringrose defensively should be able to read the Saints attack pretty well. Osborne IMO could potentially get caught out a little more.
Never underestimate the value of experience in a situation like this, especially on a team that thrives of the tiniest of hesitations.

Also do I put the Leicester Tigers v Black Lions team info in here?
that game is 50% champions and this round is only 25%. the math checks out.

Well done to the two English teams making the semi finals, but this is where their run ends.

Out of both, I actually think Northampton have the best chance. Leinster at home should still be too much though.

And then Stade Toulousain beat Leinster in the final.
Yeah. I think Toulouse or just on another level to Quins. It's not quite David vs. Goliath but we're very clearly underdogs.

I'd also have Leinster as strong favourites, but perhaps not to the same degree. Ultimately, I think this is the end of the road for the English sides, but I wouldn't totally rule out an upset.

The one thing I have in the back of my mind for Saints is that they have a very small chance of European glory but an very decent chance of winning the Premiership. I really don't see them beating Leinster AND Toulouse, so I do wonder whether throwing the kitchen sink at a win this weekend will harm their ***le chances. Similar for Quins, but our place in the play offs is less assured so we are in a slightly different position.

Is this the quietest build up ever to a European Semifinal weekend.
Seems like there is no hype or talk about either semi final and even most rugby podcasts etc are talking about other items.

Latest posts