• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Investec Champions Cup 23/24 - Quarter Finals

I am most certainly torn between going and being in debt
If you make it, let me know. You'll have a Guinness on me.

-

"Toulouse are quality. Leinster have always had their measure in this competition but the way they play the game will pose challenges. I see Harlequins had a big win as well.

"For me, it's two teams with massive tradition left, so it's not a final for Leinster today, I wouldn't think. There's still 160 minutes of rugby for them. We would have liked to have had that."

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugb...feat-by-better-leinster-team/a2014283551.html

I know you always needed us to beat Toulouse for you ROG but we'll take it from here. Hope traffic isn't too bad on the bus back to Cork. 👋 👋

If you make it, let me know. You'll have a Guinness on me.

-

"Toulouse are quality. Leinster have always had their measure in this competition but the way they play the game will pose challenges. I see Harlequins had a big win as well.

"For me, it's two teams with massive tradition left, so it's not a final for Leinster today, I wouldn't think. There's still 160 minutes of rugby for them. We would have liked to have had that."

https://m.independent.ie/sport/rugb...feat-by-better-leinster-team/a2014283551.html

I know you always needed us to beat Toulouse for you ROG but we'll take it from here. Hope traffic isn't too bad on the bus back to Cork. 👋 👋
In fairness La Rochelle have a savage plane and flew from Cork to Dublin Thursday so no bus required

Think Sleightholme has earned a place in the squad for the Japan/NZ tour.

It's hard to know how the SA rank against the best teams in Europe as they don't seem to send first choice sides north and vice versa. I thought La Rochelle looked pretty leggy against the Stormers last weekend IMO, so I wasn't hugely surprised they got it handed to them by Leinster today.
Yeah someone said earlier that the SA prioritises the league which selections would confirm, Oz summed it up pretty well in the NH game, unless they can do something with the mechanics to make SA teams inclusion work it's a bit of a waste of time having them in it.

The ROG being booed discourse on twitter is hilarious. Apparently disrespectful of Leinster fans to a great servant of Irish rugby who has only ever been gracious in victory or defeat…

ROG in victory:

"There's a small percentage of their fans I wouldn't have much time for, that made themselves [known] on the approach and I think that sparked up our boys for the battle."

Hope he's feeling bad and a bit lost at sea after his broken toys club got broken some more. LAR should get a replacement because it'll only go one way under ROG from here.

The ROG being booed discourse on twitter is hilarious. Apparently disrespectful of Leinster fans to a great servant of Irish rugby who has only ever been gracious in victory or defeat…

ROG in victory:

"There's a small percentage of their fans I wouldn't have much time for, that made themselves [known] on the approach and I think that sparked up our boys for the battle."

Hope he's feeling bad and a bit lost at sea after his broken toys club got broken some more. LAR should get a replacement because it'll only go one way under ROG from here.
classic munster fans

ROG in victory:

Yeah, but imo ROG as a heel with La Rochelle in europe has kinda given Leinster a bit of nastiness again.

I feel that since MOC and then Lancaster came in that edge Leinster had grown from the likes of Cullen, Horgan, SOB, Healsip, Hines, Elsom etc brought got lost

In McCarthy you got that heir to the Cullen, Hines, Thorn of being just a hard ****. Lancaster helps grow young talent I won't deny that but he makes a team of likeable players and reality is likeable players don't scare big opposition.

Nienaber will imo create a new era for Leinster rugby it may not start this season but it will happen, and with ROG **** flinging he had the perfect material to make Leinster and the crowd hate something. I hope the fans embrace being disliked. Disliked winners is far better than likeable losers

ROG in victory:

To be honest saw a bit of it but looked bad booing when Kerr Barlow was down. On rest that just nature of it all.

Yeah, but imo ROG as a heel with La Rochelle in europe has kinda given Leinster a bit of nastiness again.

I feel that since MOC and then Lancaster came in that edge Leinster had grown from the likes of Cullen, Horgan, SOB, Healsip, Hines, Elsom etc brought got lost

In McCarthy you got that heir to the Cullen, Hines, Thorn of being just a hard ****. Lancaster helps grow young talent I won't deny that but he makes a team of likeable players and reality is likeable players don't scare big opposition.

Nienaber will imo create a new era for Leinster rugby it may not start this season but it will happen, and with ROG **** flinging he had the perfect material to make Leinster and the crowd hate something. I hope the fans embrace being disliked. Disliked winners is far better than likeable losers
Yeah I agree, that felt nasty today. We were rubbing their noses in it today, Lancaster teams never did that and got exploited. A few dogs in the Leinster team being unleashed under Neinaber - Porter, big Joe, Connors and it looks like Doris is following which would be huge for Irish rugby in general.

To be honest saw a bit of it but looked bad booing when Kerr Barlow was down. On rest that just nature of it all.

TKW got a standing ovation leaving the pitch, I think that's being overblown. ROG has made it clear he dislikes Leinster and the crowd gave it back today. Fair game.

It was pantomime booing for the panto villain. I'd imagine ROG loved it.

last minute tactics to even things up for Today's game... Romain Skinnér

Attachments

• IMG_3173.jpeg
    IMG_3173.jpeg
    248 KB · Views: 6
Yeah I agree, that felt nasty today. We were rubbing their noses in it today, Lancaster teams never did that and got exploited. A few dogs in the Leinster team being unleashed under Neinaber - Porter, big Joe, Connors and it looks like Doris is following which would be huge for Irish rugby in general.

TKW got a standing ovation leaving the pitch, I think that's being overblown. ROG has made it clear he dislikes Leinster and the crowd gave it back today. Fair game.
Again was only saying what I saw on tv and no malice from Leinster. As I said on rest no issues and it was fair game.

On to Semi Finals I fear for the Saints

Last edited:
Most Munster fans were cheering for Leinster yesterday. Not sure why they keep getting pulled in. Surely Leinster don't need to keep inserting Munster in to the scenario
they dont its munster fans crying on twitter over the booing of ROG.

was at the game yesterday and it was a great atmosphere, hopefully a few more days like it to come.

Yeah if anything ROG pulled Munster into it with his desperate Cork gambit. A lot of animosity between the provinces again, I think it's a good thing from a fan perspective but you wouldn't want it spilling over to the national team.

they dont its munster fans crying on twitter over the booing of ROG.

was at the game yesterday and it was a great atmosphere, hopefully a few more days like it to come.
Would disagree. Alot in Munster in fact the majority couldn't care less. I'm sure majority on twitter etc who say they are Munster or Leinster fans wouldn't know the first thing about rugby.
I was shocked genuinely how much Munster were shouting for Leinster and then others were more not shouting full stop than for La Rochelle.
Regards the atmosphere I did hear it was good and did seem it from tv. And that is good for everyone but key is Leinster make it good every game and not through just grudge matches like yesterday. On Croker it will be much harder as Croke Park is hard for any rugby game. Munster Leinster worked in 2009 due to competitive nature at time but every international there was very poor due to size and pitch dimensions

@Leonormous Boozer I think if it spilled over to national team it'd be on selection and how some view it is easier to get selected as a Leinster 2nd or 3rd string. Now I'm not saying it right or wrong because genuinely the back ups in some cases are stronger. Front row being the glaring bit there.

But can say there was always a bite with the provinces which is good but needs to transform to competition now

Yellow card because they're playing Chiefs and somehow he still has the worst trim on the pitch

Lovely trick play at the 5m tap

Exe very lucky with that lineout and turn over pen

Latest posts